Confirmed: Trump’s big U.S.-China trade deal was a flop

Mr. 'Art of the Deal' has always been a fraud.

There is only one fraud here-- -- you and the democrats. You all conspired to keep Trump out of office, then you conspired against Trump while in office trying to get him out. Then you conspired to steal his reelection then cover it up with the manufactured scandal of an "insurrection" at the capitol.

Mr. 'Art of the Deal' has always been a fraud. More confirmation:

“It just doesn’t get any better than this," President Donald Trump proclaimed in January 2020 as he signed a partial trade deal with China. Mr. Trump heralded the pact as “historic” and “momentous.” He touted his dealmaking abilities for getting China to commit to purchase an extra $200 billion of U.S. products in the next two years.

The results are in: China didn’t buy anything extra from the United States.

The purchases of U.S. exports that China did make in the past two years barely got back to the amount China was purchasing in 2017 — before Mr. Trump started his trade war, according to calculations by Chad P. Bown of the Peterson Institute for International Economics. U.S. exporters will never get back the sales they lost, and few have seen any meaningful growth in their sales to China under the “deal.” “The only undisputed ‘historical’ aspect of that agreement is its failure,” said Mr. Bown.
Well covid showed he was not "all wrong" in the dangers of supply chains tied solely overseas to one country. And Biden hasn't ended his tariffs. But both Trump and Biden and the progs supported limiting new min wage labor to drive up wages and .... we have inflation. And from what I've read US agribiz biggest problem is getting products from the farm to processers.

Is it?

Post your evidence.
I got your huckleberry.

You can see the deficit numbers have not improved that much. You can also see that after the signing of the "phase one" deal in January 2020 China pretty much hosed us. The deficit did not improve because we have increased our imports from China. But would you want otherwise with our supply chain crisis I point you to one number, total exports to China. Was not the purpose of the "Phase One" deal? Hell, under Trump, we sold more to China in 2018 and 2017 than we did in 2019. In 2021, in the midst of a pandemic, the Biden administration managed to increase exports to China by over 25 billion dollars. Actually, at 151 billion dollars it was a record breaking year.

Mr. 'Art of the Deal' has always been a fraud. More confirmation:

“It just doesn’t get any better than this," President Donald Trump proclaimed in January 2020 as he signed a partial trade deal with China. Mr. Trump heralded the pact as “historic” and “momentous.” He touted his dealmaking abilities for getting China to commit to purchase an extra $200 billion of U.S. products in the next two years.

The results are in: China didn’t buy anything extra from the United States.

The purchases of U.S. exports that China did make in the past two years barely got back to the amount China was purchasing in 2017 — before Mr. Trump started his trade war, according to calculations by Chad P. Bown of the Peterson Institute for International Economics. U.S. exporters will never get back the sales they lost, and few have seen any meaningful growth in their sales to China under the “deal.” “The only undisputed ‘historical’ aspect of that agreement is its failure,” said Mr. Bown.
sadly we never got to see the full weight as xiden won in 2020 and china proclaimed the US was no longer in a position. of strength…

prior to that china was buying the largest ag deals in history…elections have consequences

I got your huckleberry.

You can see the deficit numbers have not improved that much. You can also see that after the signing of the "phase one" deal in January 2020 China pretty much hosed us. The deficit did not improve because we have increased our imports from China. But would you want otherwise with our supply chain crisis I point you to one number, total exports to China. Was not the purpose of the "Phase One" deal? Hell, under Trump, we sold more to China in 2018 and 2017 than we did in 2019. In 2021, in the midst of a pandemic, the Biden administration managed to increase exports to China by over 25 billion dollars. Actually, at 151 billion dollars it was a record breaking year.

You can see the deficit numbers have not improved that much

Or improved at all.

In 2021, in the midst of a pandemic, the Biden administration managed to increase exports to China by over 25 billion dollars.

LOL!

I got your huckleberry.

No policy links.

I wonder why. Well, I really do not, we all know why...

Bingo. Dems want to continue letting China fuck us over, steal our jobs, industries, IP, counterfeit our products so Dems in congress and their allies can line their own pockets.

That was always the Republicans who wanted deals with China. Richard Nixon was the guy who opened up trade with China, and Ronald Reagan encouraged American corporations to offshore jobs, to show those Democrats what all of this environmental law, and labor rights were really costing Americans profiteers.

Reagan started the NAFTA negotiations, and Bush 41 signed the Agreement after Clinton had been elected but before he was inaugurated. The Republicans didn't want the Democrats to take credit for what they considered their greatest achievement.

If Trump had really wanted to stymy China's power, he wouldn't have pulled out of the TPP. That would have created a powerful trading block against China, but everything Trump and the Republican Party has done for decades has put the USA in this position.

Now that it's all blown up in their faces, and they've created a monster, Republicans are all about blaming the Democrats for China's rise, but it's all on the Republicans, and generations of globalist trading deals they made to help the rich get richer, and screw over the American worker.

That's why it's now so laughable that working class Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the Republican Party cares one whit about them. Republicans are the ones that did this to you!!!

That was always the Republicans who wanted deals with China. Richard Nixon was the guy who opened up trade with China, and Ronald Reagan encouraged American corporations to offshore jobs, to show those Democrats what all of this environmental law, and labor rights were really costing Americans profiteers.

Reagan started the NAFTA negotiations, and Bush 41 signed the Agreement after Clinton had been elected but before he was inaugurated. The Republicans didn't want the Democrats to take credit for what they considered their greatest achievement.

If Trump had really wanted to stymy China's power, he wouldn't have pulled out of the TPP. That would have created a powerful trading block against China, but everything Trump and the Republican Party has done for decades has put the USA in this position.

Now that it's all blown up in their faces, and they've created a monster, Republicans are all about blaming the Democrats for China's rise, but it's all on the Republicans, and generations of globalist trading deals they made to help the rich get richer, and screw over the American worker.

That's why it's now so laughable that working class Americans have been brainwashed into believing that the Republican Party cares one whit about them. Republicans are the ones that did this to you!!!

Reagan started the NAFTA negotiations, and Bush 41 signed the Agreement after Clinton had been elected but before he was inaugurated.

Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[25][26]

LOL!

No policy links.

I wonder why. Well, I really do not, we all know why...

Easy peasy, you stupid bitch:

My personal favourite is Canada, of course. Trump renegotiated NAFTA because Canada was "taking advantage" because we have an $11 billion surplus in manufactured goods with the USA, although overall, when services were taken into account, you had a surplus. Trump's NAFTA 2.0 was supposed to fix that, and it did. In 2021, Canada had a $49.5 billion surplus in manufactured goods, and we now have an overall trade surplus with the USA, despite the drop in oil prices.

Reagan started the NAFTA negotiations, and Bush 41 signed the Agreement after Clinton had been elected but before he was inaugurated.

Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[25][26]

LOL!
Clinton signed NAFTA into law after the House approved it. Bush signed the actual agreement with the President of Mexico, and the Prime Minister of Canada, on October 7, 1992, in San Antonio, Texas.

The Baltimore Sun:

Here's a picture of the signing in San Antonio:

I have a nice white wine that will go nicely with the crow you're eating.

Attachments

• nafta.jpg
    nafta.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 29
Clinton signed NAFTA into law after the House approved it. Bush signed the actual agreement with the President of Mexico, and the Prime Minister of Canada, on October 7, 1992, in San Antonio, Texas.

The Baltimore Sun:

Here's a picture of the signing in San Antonio:

Clinton signed NAFTA into law after the House approved it.

The Dem House? LOL!

Don't you mean the Dem Senate? After Bush left office. DURR

Bush signed the actual agreement

The agreement which wouldn't go into effect unless it was ratified by the Senate.
And signed by Clinton. Until then, it doesn't mean anything.

You're a Canadian. And a liberal idiot. You don't understand the US process.

You're welcome.

Easy peasy, you stupid bitch:

My personal favourite is Canada, of course. Trump renegotiated NAFTA because Canada was "taking advantage" because we have an $11 billion surplus in manufactured goods with the USA, although overall, when services were taken into account, you had a surplus. Trump's NAFTA 2.0 was supposed to fix that, and it did. In 2021, Canada had a $49.5 billion surplus in manufactured goods, and we now have an overall trade surplus with the USA, despite the drop in oil prices.
So, we can add 'policy' to the words you have no clue what they mean.

Forum List

Back