Confessions

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
I shot my first coyote when I was 12 yrs. old. I ran up near the wounded animal. It looked at me, hatred in its eyes. They say animals do not have feelings or human thoughts. That coyote was my first ghost. Followed me around for 2 years. Then I discovered girls and smoking and drinking and fighting. Quit school and drove myself into a rough life -each day was like diving in a cool river with a pistol in your hand. Lived wild for many years. Heeded the call-- got an unforgetable view of anogther life in another country. The men i killed followed me back to the states. Bumped my rifle and threw my shots all crooked. Dropped worms and horny lizards into my rabbitt stew. Looked at me with antelope eyes, sheep eyes, cougar eyes. Ghost soldiers.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I remember the first fox I trapped.....I knocked in the head with a Trapper's trowel. Took it home skinned/stretched it and on Christmas Eve my dad sold it for $40.00 with his furs.

End of story.

Forum List

Back