Compulsory National Service. Would You Serve?

As people find careers and jobs our there nobody is signing up for government jobs...from military to IRS auditors...

Huge shortage of manpower....especially in the military.

Just about every nation in the Western world needs people to do jobs. From the UK to Canada...especially the USA.

So....I expect a draft to start soon in order to fill these jobs. Do you sign up? Burn your draft card in protest and try to hide out in another country?
Do you serve but refuse to fight?
Do you go and fight?

What do you do?
Parents don't make their kids get summer jobs anymore, much less support 2 years of federal service.

I would have no problem with a 2 year national service requirement, if combined with free tuition to college or a vocational school.

I will not enlist. If drafted, I will not serve.
So...
Running to another country? Sitting in a prison cell with citizenship revoked?

What exactly are you going to do to avoid it?

Unless Democrats start another war. The armed forces can't reach recruitment needs now.

We wouldn't have to recruit anyone If we just went to war with Spain. They have gayest army of any other country.

spain.jpg

War against who?
We still have the most powerful Army, Navy and Air Force in the world

War against Israel, perhaps? How about the Russian Federation? Or maybe Uganda for their sanctions against homos?

Plenty of possible liberal targets for war

Remember the wars that Slick Willy started against the Serbian people?

I could very easily see Sleepy Joe deploying troops to Venezuela, Iran or Cuba if those ultraliberal regimes got in trouble from freedom lovers in those nations.

War against who?
We still have the most powerful Army, Navy and Air Force in the world
You folks are the warmongers, I'm sure you'll find someone.

Are we really that powerful? We have exceptional destructive power, we lack in the ability to maintain long-term control of territory. When was the last time we won a war? We claim to have the most powerful air forces and navy in the world, but when was the last time either faced near peer opposition? It's been decades since we've seen fleet vs fleet naval combat, saying we're good means little without proof.

The only war I'm confident our current regime could win is a war of pronouns, as actual warfighting has taken a backseat to ridiculous liberal social engineering.

You folks are the warmongers, I'm sure you'll find someone.

Are we really that powerful? We have exceptional destructive power, we lack in the ability to maintain long-term control of territory. When was the last time we won a war? We claim to have the most powerful air forces and navy in the world, but when was the last time either faced near peer opposition? It's been decades since we've seen fleet vs fleet naval combat, saying we're good means little without proof.

The only war I'm confident our current regime could win is a war of pronouns, as actual warfighting has taken a backseat to ridiculous liberal social engineering.
The US has learned we are very good at battles. Rarely have we met adversaries that can match us.
What we have found is the difficult part is occupying territory where you are not welcome. Over time, we grow tired of the attrition, the public grows tired and we withdraw
No Navy or Air-force has shown the capabilities of the US

As people find careers and jobs our there nobody is signing up for government jobs...from military to IRS auditors...

Huge shortage of manpower....especially in the military.

Just about every nation in the Western world needs people to do jobs. From the UK to Canada...especially the USA.

So....I expect a draft to start soon in order to fill these jobs. Do you sign up? Burn your draft card in protest and try to hide out in another country?
Do you go and fight?

What do you do?
If the Martians attack, will you fight, or try to make nice?

The US has learned we are very good at battles. Rarely have we met adversaries that can match us.
What we have found is the difficult part is occupying territory where you are not welcome. Over time, we grow tired of the attrition, the public grows tired and we withdraw
No Navy or Air-force has shown the capabilities of the US
Hardly, who have we actually fought? Since WWII we haven't faced anyone that was a real threat. Do you think the Japanese were welcoming? No, they had no choice because we won. We haven't won since. Folks like you push complacency, not confidence in reality. The best technology in world is worthless if you can't get the people required to actually use it.

I would gladly fight to secure out own borders but there is no way in hell I would fight for Israel or the Ukraine

Do you go and fight?

What do you do?
I'm 65. I would register if the law required it. If I got drafted, it would mean the war was already lost.

Forum List

Back