Companies can seek government authorization to kill eagles in the interest of green e

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
May 3, 2011
My house
Check out this eagle cam. It's very addicting.

I love Eagles, Ernie. Unfortunately, the Obama Administration has declared open season for Green Companies to go ahead and kill those pesky National Birds of the United States of America. :evil:

Companies can seek government authorization to kill eagles in the interest of green energy, including the wind energy industry

It's a sad day for birds that were endangered 20 years ago, and it has taken a long time for ornithologists and other national scientists to find ways to bring them back. :(

Join us Becky over in the Enviro forum.. There's an active thread there.
You won't like what you see.

There are many USMB posters who are so fanatical about wind power --- that they think this
cynical move is "just fine"..

Even THO --- It's opposed by every major Wildlife Group in this country..

You should see what happens when a bird flies through the focal point of a solar-to-steam tower like the ones in Mojave. POOF! Incidentally, these things have a footprint the size of several football fields and generate as much electricity as a natural gas generator the size of a semi trailer.

I'd post an image, but the forum won't let me. They look like something out of The Lord of the Rings.

You should see what happens when a bird flies through the focal point of a solar-to-steam tower like the ones in Mojave. POOF! Incidentally, these things have a footprint the size of several football fields and generate as much electricity as a natural gas generator the size of a semi trailer.

I'd post an image, but the forum won't let me. They look like something out of The Lord of the Rings.

Welcome to USMB.. I think you got yourself a topic for your 1st thread.. (When all those silly newbie restrictions come off).. We've beat to death the wind farm bird kill issue, but hardly ever scratched the surface for these Death Ray Solar Projects..

The ones that don't get instantly carbonized flying the beam -- probably never see too well again if at all.. Think about putting that up for discussion over in the Enviro Forum. You'll instantly make friends with all the die-hard hypocrit fanatics of these "green" energy projects.

Sad that we're just NOW getting the press to do their job.. After all the money has been committed.

Think about putting that up for discussion over in the Enviro Forum. You'll instantly make friends with all the die-hard hypocrit fanatics of these "green" energy projects.

Hahaha. I think I'm already making friends.

Screenshot_from_2013_12_14_16_23_35.png

Congress won't give Him a crown (not part of the power-grab on fillibusters) so He's out to get an American Indian chief's headdress. To do that He needs eagle feathers and has just found a way to get them as campaign contributions from government-funded green enterprises.

C'mon, folks, let's put our hands together in salute to low cunning!

Forum List

Back