Commutation of Stone Sentence Correct Move

Well gee, why was he arrested?

Not for talking to Wikileaks.
Well I didn’t ask what he wasn’t arrested for now did I? Want to try again?
On January 25, 2019, Stone was arrested at his Fort Lauderdale, Florida, home in connection with Robert Mueller's Special Counsel investigation and charged in an indictment with witness tampering, obstructing an official proceeding, and five counts of making false statements.

Stone conspired with the thieves over their distribution.

Like the New York Times conspired with Ellsberg?

You confuse one, which was conspiracy in the handling of stolen property. Remember , everybody who knowingly deals with stolen property is a co-conspirator to the original crime. (hint, think buying a stolen rolex)

Elsberg did not commit a "theft", he violated other laws, such as transferring "classified" materials to someone without the required clearance to receive it. But the person receiving the classified material can't be charged with disclosure.

You confuse one, which was conspiracy in the handling of stolen property.

Did the New York Times think Ellsberg was the legal owner of classified materials?
Do you think he owned those classified materials?

Remember , everybody who knowingly deals with stolen property is a co-conspirator to the original crime.

So the New York Times should have been charged.

But the person receiving the classified material can't be charged with disclosure.

Can't they be charged with profiting from illegally obtained/illegally transferred property (hint, think buying a stolen rolex)

Ellsberg "gave" classified info to the New York Times.
Was he breaking any laws when he did that?
Elsberg broke the law, the same as if he had left classified materials on a park bench. What confuses you is that the person finding the classified material committed no crime by receiving it.

What confuses you is that the person finding the classified material committed no crime by receiving it.

And Wikileaks committed no crime by receiving and publishing emails.

You confuse one, which was conspiracy in the handling of stolen property.

Did the New York Times think Ellsberg was the legal owner of classified materials?
Do you think he owned those classified materials?
Elsberg had full legal access and thus posession of the pentagon papers. The NYT's did not communicate with Elsberg prior to his removing the classified material in violation of rules of storage.

Well gee, why was he arrested?

Not for talking to Wikileaks.
Well I didn’t ask what he wasn’t arrested for now did I? Want to try again?
On January 25, 2019, Stone was arrested at his Fort Lauderdale, Florida, home in connection with Robert Mueller's Special Counsel investigation and charged in an indictment with witness tampering, obstructing an official proceeding, and five counts of making false statements.
Aww shucks... I wanted to see how Mr Toddster was going to avoid answering! ;)

But the person receiving the classified material can't be charged with disclosure.

Can't they be charged with profiting from illegally obtained/illegally transferred property (hint, think buying a stolen rolex)
Once again the pentagon papers were NOT "stolen", hence no liability by receiving them.

The e-mails were "stolen", hence a crime to deal with them.

What confuses you is that the person finding the classified material committed no crime by receiving it.

The e-mails were "stolen" property, the pentagon papers were NOT "stolen" Hence a complete difference in those receiving or dealing with them.

Aww shucks... I wanted to see how Mr Toddster was going to avoid answering! ;)
He will continue to avoid answering. It's just that now he knows the answer, but won't dare acknowledge he knows.

What not a single one of you can figure out is it doesn't matter who wins. But you are too far gone into thinking politics is soooo very important. The rich will get richer the poor will stay poor and the rich will blame the poor with lies such as social security and Medicare bad but tax cuts for the rich good. Same old garbage I can refute.

What are you babbling about? Right now the democrats are attempting to abolish the police and keep kids from getting an education. You know who this is hurting most? I'll give you a hint it's not the people who can afford private security/education...

The Electoral College tabulates and forwards the votes from the people who voted for President
No they don't. The electors actually vote for the president. Trump won the presidency because he got 304 electoral votes, not because he got 62 million people's votes.

You are an idiot.
Dismissed.
I’m the one that actually understands how the constitution works.

“the people” don’t elect the president. Never have. That’s how the constitution works.

Troll
Who’s trolling? I’m providing accurate factual information. You’ve provided nothing.

Between the two of us, you’re trolling.

The people didn’t elect Trump. He was elected because a minority of voters was able to collect enough electoral votes to put him in office. It wasn’t the will of the people. The people mostly voted for someone else.

Factually incorrect
Thanks for nothing troll.

Ellsberg "gave" classified info to the New York Times.
Was he breaking any laws when he did that?
Elsberg broke the law, the same as if he had left classified materials on a park bench. What confuses you is that the person finding the classified material committed no crime by receiving it.

Maybe, but that's not entirely clear. Assange is currently under indictment for working with Manning to obtain classified information, going beyond receiving and publishing but actually participating in the crime. There's no way to know if Wikileaks had committed a crime or not without a....

...wait for it...

...investigation.

Daniel Ellsberg ... had worked on the study for several months in 1967, and Gelb and Halperin approved his access to the work at RAND in 1969

The pentagon papers were not "stolen"

Who owned them? Ellsberg?
Elsberg made photocopies.

Photocopying classified documents doesn't make you the owner of the classified documents.

I swear, the swerves these people take to try to makes others think that they are making a point - are neck braking.

Forum List

Back