Common Sense & Mass Murder

Is having empathy for the killed, wounded and their loved ones is emotional hogwash, in you opinion?
You leftists don't seem to have much empathy for law abiding American citizens being killed and raped by illegal aliens.

Put the criminals in jail before you come for my guns.

The idea that no solution exists is your strength. The fact is I've told you and others dozens of times that gun controls are not a panacea curing gun violence. So stop asking this stupid question.

Why do we have speed limits, cars can go faster than the speed limits. Would you like to drive your family to the store when drivers ignore red lights, speed limits, stop signs and straying onto the wrong side of the road?

We require those who want to drive to secure a license to do so. They must prove by a driving and written test to obtain the license, and when they prove to not be responsible that license can be suspended or revoked; and even then some will continue to drive.

Wrong....no one says no solution exists....we say that what you propose.....gun registration, licensing gun owners, universal background checks...

Do not work.

what actually works and what we keep telling you works....long prison sentences for using a gun to commit a rape, robbery or murder..... you don't want to admit that because you don't care about actual gun crime....you only care about getting normal people to stop owning guns...

Japan demonstrates this strategy....

http://www.atimes.com/article/japans-gun-control-laws-strict-yakuza-turn-toy-pistols/

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison. If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”
You ignore the fact we have the fullest jails in the world. If jailing more criminals was the answer we would have the lowest crime rates in the world!

you ignore the fact that we lock up mostly nonviolent offenders.
We have as many violent criminals in jail as any country.

Ans we have far more low level offenders as well as unconvicted prisoners awaiting trial
What does those that have to do with gun violence? I don't see the connection?

Wrong....no one says no solution exists....we say that what you propose.....gun registration, licensing gun owners, universal background checks...

Do not work.

what actually works and what we keep telling you works....long prison sentences for using a gun to commit a rape, robbery or murder..... you don't want to admit that because you don't care about actual gun crime....you only care about getting normal people to stop owning guns...

Japan demonstrates this strategy....

http://www.atimes.com/article/japans-gun-control-laws-strict-yakuza-turn-toy-pistols/

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison. If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”
You ignore the fact we have the fullest jails in the world. If jailing more criminals was the answer we would have the lowest crime rates in the world!

Ans we have far more low level offenders as well as unconvicted prisoners awaiting trial

We don't keep violent pieces of shit locked up when they commit crimes with guns

The 6 year old, 13 year old and a young man murdered by a gun lost their right to life, liberty and happiness.

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

It's past time to reevaluate the Second Amendment, and to face the reality that the majority of members of Congress put their job security first, in spite of the costs in blood and treasure that their inaction allows. There is enough ambiguity in the wording of the 2nd to allow Congress, and/or State Legislatures or City Councils to pass regulations which protect the people they represent.

Then let the NRA go broke defending their outdated policies.

We already have regulations. They obviously aren’t working.

The 6 year old, 13 year old and a young man murdered by a gun lost their right to life, liberty and happiness.

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

It's past time to reevaluate the Second Amendment, and to face the reality that the majority of members of Congress put their job security first, in spite of the costs in blood and treasure that their inaction allows. There is enough ambiguity in the wording of the 2nd to allow Congress, and/or State Legislatures or City Councils to pass regulations which protect the people they represent.

They aren't being enforced

When the powers that be in Richmond VA had the sack to enforce gun laws they actually reduced both the gun crime and murder rate

Weird huh?

When the powers that be in Richmond VA had the sack to enforce gun laws they actually reduced both the gun crime and murder rate

Weird huh?

How are they not being enforced? Can you buy a gun without a background check? If you are a convicted felon, can you buy a gun? Can you buy a full auto weapon without a license? I call bull shit.

Weird huh?

How are they not being enforced? Can you buy a gun without a background check? If you are a convicted felon, can you buy a gun? Can you buy a full auto weapon without a license? I call bull shit.
Anyone caught illegally possessing any gun is committing a federal crime and as such can be sentence to a minimum of 5 years in federal prison

SO tell me how many criminals caught with illegal guns are sentenced to 5 years in federal prison?

Weird huh?

Anyone caught illegally possessing any gun is committing a federal crime and as such can be sentence to a minimum of 5 years in federal prison

SO tell me how many criminals caught with illegal guns are sentenced to 5 years in federal prison?

I don’t know, you are the one making shit up, you tell me.

Weird huh?

It doesn't happen and when it did guess what gun crime and murder were reduced

Virginia Project Exile

Study 1
Firearm Homicide Rates, Project Exile
Rosenfeld and colleagues (2005) found a statistically significant intervention effect for Project Exile. Firearm homicides in Richmond exhibited a 22 percent yearly decline, compared with the average reduction of about 10 percent per year for other large U.S. cities. The difference is statistically significant.

We don't keep violent pieces of shit locked up when they commit crimes with guns

I agree with that! I was trying to figure out what keeping low level offenders in jail had to do with gun violence. Someone in that thread kept mentioning the amount of low level people in jail.

I agree with that! I was trying to figure out what keeping low level offenders in jail had to do with gun violence. Someone in that thread kept mentioning the amount of low level people in jail.

The point is that we tend to lock up the wrong people.

We have more people in jail convicted for drug and property crimes than ewe do violent offenses

Weird huh?

Why would democrats, who bitch and moan about gun crime 24/7.........let violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail over and over again, and then give violent, repeat gun offenders short prison sentences.?

Makes you wonder? It's almost like they want those guys in those democrat neighborhoods shooting people....

Weird huh?

Virginia Project Exile

Study 1

Rosenfeld and colleagues (2005) found a statistically significant intervention effect for Project Exile. Firearm homicides in Richmond exhibited a 22 percent yearly decline, compared with the average reduction of about 10 percent per year for other large U.S. cities. The difference is statistically significant.

So, in order to prove that they AREN'T being enforced, you give me data to show how effective enforcement is? That's interesting but it supports my argument.

Weird huh?

Virginia Project Exile

Study 1

Rosenfeld and collea

gues (2005) found a statistically significant intervention effect for Project Exile. Firearm homicides in Richmond exhibited a 22 percent yearly decline, compared with the average reduction of about 10 percent per year for other large U.S. cities. The difference is statistically significant.

So, in order to prove that they AREN'T being enforced, you give me data to show how effective enforcement is? That's interesting but it supports my argument.

In what way?

Those laws obviously weren't being enforced in Richmond. When they were enforced that data shows a significant decrease in all gun related crime.

In Delaware, 71% of gun charges are dropped

gun laws not being enforced here

not enforced in Baltimore either

Arrests in Baltimore for illegal guns often lead to dropped charges or little jail time

Thousands of felony gun cases are being dismissed in Cook County criminal courts

SO you still want to tell me gun laws are being strictly enforced?

Virginia Project Exile

Study 1

Rosenfeld and collea

gues (2005) found a statistically significant intervention effect for Project Exile. Firearm homicides in Richmond exhibited a 22 percent yearly decline, compared with the average reduction of about 10 percent per year for other large U.S. cities. The difference is statistically significant.

In what way?

Those laws obviously weren't being enforced in Richmond. When they were enforced that data shows a significant decrease in all gun related crime.

In Delaware, 71% of gun charges are dropped

gun laws not being enforced here

not enforced in Baltimore either

Arrests in Baltimore for illegal guns often lead to dropped charges or little jail time

Thousands of felony gun cases are being dismissed in Cook County criminal courts

SO you still want to tell me gun laws are being strictly enforced?

I guess I’m confused as to your point. I thought you were arguing against my original post. Re-reading it now I see that that wasn’t the case. Apologies.

Forum List

Back