Common Excuses To Deny Racism And White Privilege

I got free space!
Not when a confederate flag is your avatar.

That's where you are wrong. It's not a Confederate flag, it's the official Battle Flag carried by the Army of Northern Virginia.
You know exactly what that flag represents and you’re trying to be provocative by sporting it. Don’t play dumb

To you, it represents racism and nothing more.

To me, it represents a lost fight against the government, Defiance against federalism, my love of Civil War history and artifacts, and the symbol of the land where I was born in.

But apparently it matters not what I believe, it matters what you believe. So to that good sir, I say suck dog cock.
You know how most the country sees it and you don’t care. Offend others and excuse it because they are ignorant, right? No, you’re the douche bag here. The American flag stands for standing up to a tyrannical government and fighting for independence and freedom. Sport the red white and blue if those are the values you want to represent. You are race baiting and we all know it

Again, you tell me how you think I believe, but if I tell you my true thoughts on it you get pissed and tell me I'm wrong?

Why would I have a reason to lie on this forum? I have nothing to hide, no reason to fear, no objective. Why would I give a shit if you know my true views on life politics and culture? You're an idiot sitting behind a keyboard just like me, you can't harm me, you can't do anything to me. I'm not trying to convert anyone.

So why do you call me a liar when I plainly state what the flag represents to me?

Why don't you go through some of my previous posts to form an opinion on me before you take shots and call me a racist?
I never called you a liar. I’m sure you see it the way you see it but you also know how others see it and you don’t care. How is that anything different from what you’ve already said. You just don’t acknowledge the race baiting part of it. You know it’s provocative and you do it anyways.

It is not my problem if others decide to pick fights about it.

In the end I honor the flag more than I cave to the wishes of others who don't want to see it. I am being myself as is all important in 2021. I am NOT using it to race bait and to be truthful, it didn't cross my mind until the first person started complaining about it. It is so commonplace to see it around here where I live that I think nothing of it.
Well perhaps you should open your mind to other peoples perspectives and the effects of your choices… grow as a person

Why should I open my mind if others refuse to do the same? So far today I have been called a nazi, a subhuman southerner, a hilbilly, etc.
Because you control you. You don’t control others. You are in charge of deciding whether you want to be a close minded fool or open minded to grow, learn and enrich your life.

If you want others to hear you with an open mind then why wouldnt you do the same for others?

I am pretty open minded, but I am also myself. I will not change myself for others on the off chance they might get offended. I'd never get anything accomplished that way. :D
I don’t even know what that means. You are yourself? Provocative and offensive is how you define yourself? Haha ok, that’s your call and your right.

Not exactly. It's like transgender people asking others to accept them for who they are. Okay, sure, whatever. They are who they are, and I am who I am. I accept other people for who they are, so I expect the same for me.
What about the confederacy defines who you are?! That doesnt make sense unless you’re talking about liking to provoke and offend others as how you define the man you are. Is that what you mean??

I LIKE the flag because it is the symbol of my birthplace, the place that gave the most for the Cause during the war. Where I lived in Virginia, the reminders of the war were all around me and I became sympathetic to the soldiers that fought in that time period. As I grew older, the flag became a symbol of men whom I had a mutual respect for, men like Jackson, Lee, Longstreet, Stuart... The flag for others around me served as a reminder of a rebellious southern fighting spirit, something one cannot understand unless one is born and raised in the rural South. The flag represented the last symbol of defiance towards federalism, expanding government and the reduction of local and state governments involvement in affairs at home. That flag, and the American flag, are so deeply enamored in my heart and in my veins, that I identify with it for the reasons mentioned above. I will not change for someone who does not understand it, or willfully suggests it is being represented for more sinister purposes.
You don’t need to change your values. All those things you mentioned are virtuous and admirable. You just chose a very shitty symbol to relate them to.

Do you think if you were black and a descendent of southern slaves, you would still feel the same way about what that flag and that war stood for?
Many Black people aren't offended by the Confederate flag.
That’s great. What’s your point?
My point is that the Confederate flag has been around for over 150 years and suddenly it's offensive because a few idiots say so.
Suddenly?! No not suddenly. Sorry if you’re just realizing it. Some people are just slow learners
Well, I've been alive almost 73 years and I never witnessed anyone getting upset until a couple years ago. Perhaps you are full of shit.

I got free space!

That's where you are wrong. It's not a Confederate flag, it's the official Battle Flag carried by the Army of Northern Virginia.
You know exactly what that flag represents and you’re trying to be provocative by sporting it. Don’t play dumb

To me, it represents a lost fight against the government, Defiance against federalism, my love of Civil War history and artifacts, and the symbol of the land where I was born in.

But apparently it matters not what I believe, it matters what you believe. So to that good sir, I say suck dog cock.
You know how most the country sees it and you don’t care. Offend others and excuse it because they are ignorant, right? No, you’re the douche bag here. The American flag stands for standing up to a tyrannical government and fighting for independence and freedom. Sport the red white and blue if those are the values you want to represent. You are race baiting and we all know it

Again, you tell me how you think I believe, but if I tell you my true thoughts on it you get pissed and tell me I'm wrong?

Why would I have a reason to lie on this forum? I have nothing to hide, no reason to fear, no objective. Why would I give a shit if you know my true views on life politics and culture? You're an idiot sitting behind a keyboard just like me, you can't harm me, you can't do anything to me. I'm not trying to convert anyone.

So why do you call me a liar when I plainly state what the flag represents to me?

Why don't you go through some of my previous posts to form an opinion on me before you take shots and call me a racist?
I never called you a liar. I’m sure you see it the way you see it but you also know how others see it and you don’t care. How is that anything different from what you’ve already said. You just don’t acknowledge the race baiting part of it. You know it’s provocative and you do it anyways.

In the end I honor the flag more than I cave to the wishes of others who don't want to see it. I am being myself as is all important in 2021. I am NOT using it to race bait and to be truthful, it didn't cross my mind until the first person started complaining about it. It is so commonplace to see it around here where I live that I think nothing of it.
Well perhaps you should open your mind to other peoples perspectives and the effects of your choices… grow as a person

Why should I open my mind if others refuse to do the same? So far today I have been called a nazi, a subhuman southerner, a hilbilly, etc.
Because you control you. You don’t control others. You are in charge of deciding whether you want to be a close minded fool or open minded to grow, learn and enrich your life.

If you want others to hear you with an open mind then why wouldnt you do the same for others?

I am pretty open minded, but I am also myself. I will not change myself for others on the off chance they might get offended. I'd never get anything accomplished that way. :D
I don’t even know what that means. You are yourself? Provocative and offensive is how you define yourself? Haha ok, that’s your call and your right.

Not exactly. It's like transgender people asking others to accept them for who they are. Okay, sure, whatever. They are who they are, and I am who I am. I accept other people for who they are, so I expect the same for me.
What about the confederacy defines who you are?! That doesnt make sense unless you’re talking about liking to provoke and offend others as how you define the man you are. Is that what you mean??

I LIKE the flag because it is the symbol of my birthplace, the place that gave the most for the Cause during the war. Where I lived in Virginia, the reminders of the war were all around me and I became sympathetic to the soldiers that fought in that time period. As I grew older, the flag became a symbol of men whom I had a mutual respect for, men like Jackson, Lee, Longstreet, Stuart... The flag for others around me served as a reminder of a rebellious southern fighting spirit, something one cannot understand unless one is born and raised in the rural South. The flag represented the last symbol of defiance towards federalism, expanding government and the reduction of local and state governments involvement in affairs at home. That flag, and the American flag, are so deeply enamored in my heart and in my veins, that I identify with it for the reasons mentioned above. I will not change for someone who does not understand it, or willfully suggests it is being represented for more sinister purposes.
You don’t need to change your values. All those things you mentioned are virtuous and admirable. You just chose a very shitty symbol to relate them to.

Do you think if you were black and a descendent of southern slaves, you would still feel the same way about what that flag and that war stood for?
My point is that the Confederate flag has been around for over 150 years and suddenly it's offensive because a few idiots say so.
Suddenly?! No not suddenly. Sorry if you’re just realizing it. Some people are just slow learners
Well, I've been alive almost 73 years and I never witnessed anyone getting upset until a couple years ago. Perhaps you are full of shit.
And perhaps you haven't really been looking... How about you just use common sense and a basic understanding of history... easy to know the right and wrong if you just do that

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I got free space!

That is not the original confederate flag and the original flag was so offensive a war was fought so it would not be flown.

I got free space!

Apparently you are blind.

"Many Black people aren't offended by the Confederate flag."

That is a damn lie. Here we have another white "expert" on black people who thinks he can speak for us. I am black, I don't know a black person who is not offended by that symbol of white racism. Anecdotal examples do not represent the majority of black people so don't try posting a pucture of some dumb ass house blacks holding a confederate flag.

That flag is a symbol of white supremacy. Thet is why it is used now. Anyone fying that thing or displaying it are racists and that's just the simple reality of this matter.
Hey dummy, the flag you are all whining about isn’t even the official Confederate Flag. Why don’t these supposed racists waive the actual flag of the Confederacy? The flag they use is a variation of the Tennessee army or the Virginia Naval battle flag. These were flags around before the Confederacy, and after. The design is used in many southern state flags.

It’s a symbol of southern pride, nothing more. Claiming this is only linked to the Confederacy is a lie. It’s like saying that Germans can’t be proud to be German because that would mean they are proud to be Nazis. But not all Germans were Nazis.

But I get it, the flag hurts your feelings, and you want to force people to give it up to accommodate your feelings. Well, tough.

I got free space!

And perhaps you haven't really been looking... How about you just use common sense and a basic understanding of history... easy to know the right and wrong if you just do that
I do just fine. You're full of shit, that's all.

I got free space!

Apparently you are blind.
Apparently, you're a Democrat race hustling cocksucker.

I got free space!

You obviously aren't doing just fine, but thats ok old timer... You should just relax and enjoy the good things in life... Why you wasting time with this political stuff? Its all a game ya know

Who cares
95.6 % of right wing and libertarians white people ...want you to be well and succeed...and maybe try stop killing each other like dumb monkeys

My self included

So in conclusion up yours ****** ...no one in 2021 is holding you back or down ...besides your progressive allies and white women

The truth will set you free

Who cares
95.6 % of right wing and libertarians white people ...want you to be well and succeed...and maybe try stop killing each other like dumb monkeys

My self included

So in conclusion up yours ****** ...no one in 2021 is holding you back or down ...besides your progressive allies and white women

1626419780278.png

In 2019 according to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, 3,299 whites were murdered. 2,906 blacks were murdered. More whites were killed than blacks. In 2019, more whites killed each other (2594) than blacks who killed each other (2574). In 2019 whites were 5 times more likely to be killed by another white than by anyone else. Whether male or female whites led in murder.

This goes unnoticed by people like you. And don't use the 13 percent excuse. This situation is a hate crime and here are the numbers for that:

By bias motivation (Based on Table 1.)

An analysis of data for victims of single-bias hate crime incidents showed that:

57.6 percent of the victims were targeted because of the offenders’ bias against race/ethnicity/ancestry.
Among single-bias hate crime incidents in 2019, there were 4,930 victims of race/ethnicity/ancestry motivated hate crime.
48.5 percent were victims of crimes motivated by offenders’ anti-Black or African American bias.
15.7 percent were victims of anti-White bias.
14.1 percent were victims of anti-Hispanic or Latino bias.
4.4 percent were victims of anti-Asian bias.
3.5 percent were victims of bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).
2.7 percent were victims of anti-American Indian or Alaska Native bias.
2.6 percent were victims of anti-Arab bias.
0.5 percent (26 individuals) were victims of anti-Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander bias.
8.0 percent were victims of anti-Other Race/Ethnicity/Ancestry bias.

In 2019, race was reported for 6,406 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

52.5 percent were White.
23.9 percent were Black or African American.
6.6 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
1.1 percent were American Indian or Alaska Native.
0.9 percent (58 offenders) were Asian.
0.3 percent (22 offenders) were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
14.6 percent were unknown.

Do not continue trying to derail every thread that presents current white racism. Just face the fact that white racism still exists and shut your racist ass up about black people.

I got free space!

I cannot accurately give you an answer because of a few variables. If I was born black, was I born into a black republican, or black democrat family? That makes a huge difference believe it or not. Where I live, the confederate flag is flown everywhere, and local African American folks don't seem to care either way about it.
They don’t seem to have a problem with it? What is making you say that? Because you haven’t heard them complain or because you have discussed it with them and personally heard them express admiration or indifference for it?

Also, I didn’t ask how you think they feel about it… I asked if you were black, how would you feel about it? Let’s say you came from defendants of slaves

1. I have discussed it with a few of them. One waves one in his front yard, the other two said that they were indifferent. "Look man, I don't have it in my yard, but it's your yard, you do what you want with it. It don't bother me none".

2. If I was descended from slaves, yeah, I'd probably have a problem with it. But I am not descended from slaves. I am actually descended by an entire family that went to war against the South and won. Unless the flyer of the flag is an outright racist, i.e dropping the n word, disrespecting people by the color of their skin, has swastika tattoos etc. then I go by one of my favorite Thomas Jefferson quotes. "It does me no injury if my neighbor says that there are 20 gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg."
Thats a great quote and I agree. I just think you are lacking perspective. You do sound like an intelligent person and you do have a sense for why there is issue with the flag and confederate celebrations as you acknowledge why decedents of slaves would have a problem with it.

Heres the thing... Yes it is over politicized and I think that your representation of it is partly from push back against that, I get it. But I also get why decendents of slaves have a problem with it. Just because I'm not black doesn't mean I can't recognize things that would be offensive and wrong for blacks. It was more than just the war as well. The south went through Jim Crow where generations of blacks were oppressed, segregated, hated, lynched, belittled and not given a chance to prosper... Some of the effects from that period are still being felt today. It is an embarrassing part of our history and should not be celebrated IMO. The confederacy represents that movement to many people, just as hitler and WW2 represents the holocaust to many. You may want to ignore that side and spin it in a way that sounds virtuous but that is not honest. You may be able to find some things the Hilter and the Nazis did or some things that Castro did in Cuba that you find good and helpful, but you can't ignore the ugly... Especially when the ugly is so bad.

You're the first person in a while that has actually been decent to debate that, and I appreciate it.

Since you were decent about it, I'll change the avatar to something a bit less controversial. I'll still fly my flag at home, and keep it as I see it.

But if anyone wants a good fight I'm up for one. How about it EMH?
Wow, I was not expecting that reply, kudos to you for not letting ego drive the discussion, I respect that... You seem like a decent and reasonable fellow, I always enjoy people like that who can bring new perspectives to the table so I'll look forward to future debates.

I am curious though, if your family fought for the union in the war then why are you identifying more with the confederacy now?

Because I am our families first Southern born kid and I ran with it. I've lived down South all my life.

"Many Black people aren't offended by the Confederate flag."

That is a damn lie. Here we have another white "expert" on black people who thinks he can speak for us. I am black, I don't know a black person who is not offended by that symbol of white racism. Anecdotal examples do not represent the majority of black people so don't try posting a pucture of some dumb ass house blacks holding a confederate flag.

That flag is a symbol of white supremacy. Thet is why it is used now. Anyone fying that thing or displaying it are racists and that's just the simple reality of this matter.
I actually bought my wife a confederate flag bikini at the Carolina beach on vacation once, probably 2004, or maybe 2006, I can't remember. We used to go to Kure Beach every time I got back from Afghanistan or Iraq, for about a week of relaxing and partying, and I picked her up the bikini on one of those trips.

She looked really good in it. And no one said shit about it.

I got free space!

You obviously aren't doing just fine, but thats ok old timer... You should just relax and enjoy the good things in life... Why you wasting time with this political stuff? Its all a game ya know
Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Save your propaganda and guilt trip for the naive college kids. You don't know a thing about me.

Who cares

My self included

View attachment 513300

In 2019 according to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, 3,299 whites were murdered. 2,906 blacks were murdered. More whites were killed than blacks. In 2019, more whites killed each other (2594) than blacks who killed each other (2574). In 2019 whites were 5 times more likely to be killed by another white than by anyone else. Whether male or female whites led in murder.

This goes unnoticed by people like you. And don't use the 13 percent excuse. This situation is a hate crime and here are the numbers for that:

By bias motivation (Based on Table 1.)

An analysis of data for victims of single-bias hate crime incidents showed that:

57.6 percent of the victims were targeted because of the offenders’ bias against race/ethnicity/ancestry.
Among single-bias hate crime incidents in 2019, there were 4,930 victims of race/ethnicity/ancestry motivated hate crime.
48.5 percent were victims of crimes motivated by offenders’ anti-Black or African American bias.
15.7 percent were victims of anti-White bias.
14.1 percent were victims of anti-Hispanic or Latino bias.
4.4 percent were victims of anti-Asian bias.
3.5 percent were victims of bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).
2.7 percent were victims of anti-American Indian or Alaska Native bias.
2.6 percent were victims of anti-Arab bias.
0.5 percent (26 individuals) were victims of anti-Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander bias.
8.0 percent were victims of anti-Other Race/Ethnicity/Ancestry bias.

In 2019, race was reported for 6,406 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

52.5 percent were White.
23.9 percent were Black or African American.
6.6 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
1.1 percent were American Indian or Alaska Native.
0.9 percent (58 offenders) were Asian.
0.3 percent (22 offenders) were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
14.6 percent were unknown.

Do not continue trying to derail every thread that presents current white racism. Just face the fact that white racism still exists and shut your racist ass up about black people.

Catturd ™

@catturd2

Do you trust the FBI?

Yes
3%

No
97%
23,899 votes·Final results

I got free space!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Save your propaganda and guilt trip for the naive college kids. You don't know a thing about me.

d07a20b5abf1eca73924a639953ab4a9.jpg

• Love
Reactions: IM2
And you guys use them all.

View attachment 513109

Don't forget the white people's inventions argument. We they claim white ppl invented the sun the moon and the stars.
If it wasn't for White people you'd be eating bugs, snakes and monkeys, living in a grass mud hut, crapping in a hole, and shivering in fear every night of the lion stalking you.

View attachment 513109

Don't forget the white people's inventions argument. We they claim white ppl invented the sun the moon and the stars.
If it wasn't for White people you'd be eating bugs, snakes and monkeys, living in a grass mud hut, crapping in a hole, and shivering in fear every night of the lion stalking you.
So do you believe that white people are good ppl ?

I got free space!

All I know is what I see

View attachment 513109

So do you believe that white people are good ppl ?
That’s an odd question… what do you think? Do you believe white people are good people?

Forum List

Back