Come On Biden, Let’s Do More

Wait. What?

This was written over 30 years ago and it's worth the read.

Since the end of World War II, the United States, like the European colonial powers before it, has been unable to resist becoming entangled in the region’s political conflicts. Driven by a desire to keep the vast oil reserves in hands friendly to the United States, a wish to keep out potential rivals (such as the Soviet Union), opposition to neutrality in the cold war, and domestic political considerations, the United States has compiled a record of tragedy in the Middle East. The most recent part of that record, which includes U.S. alliances with Iraq to counter Iran and then with Iran and Syria to counter Iraq, illustrates a theme that has been played in Washington for the last 45 years.

"In the aftermath of the most overt and direct U.S. attempt to manage affairs in the Middle East, the Persian Gulf War, it is more important than ever to understand how the United States came to be involved in the region and the disastrous consequences of that involvement. President Bush’s willingness to sacrifice American lives to remove Iraqi forces from Kuwait, to restore the “legitimate” government of that feudal monarchy, and to create a “new world order” proceeds logically from the premises and policies of past administrations. Indeed, there is little new in Bush’s new world order, except the Soviet Union’s assistance. That may mean the new order will be far more dangerous than the old, because it will feature an activist U.S. foreign policy without the inhibitions that were formerly imposed by the superpower rivalry. That bodes ill for the people of the Middle East, as well as for the long‐suffering American citizens, who will see their taxes continue to rise, their consumer economy increasingly distorted by military spending, and their blood spilled–all in the name of U.S. leadership."

Excellent and so right. Too bad few Americans know anything about this.
43204087-AC29-4B49-B0BE-8A2A30FF3AC1.jpeg

Excellent and so right. Too bad few Americans know anything about this.
View attachment 658734
kind of like the election was stolen started laughing at that one ... had a lot of republican suckers fall for that one ... or even funnier that you could take mail-in ballots and run them through an voting machine as many times as you want, fell out of my chair laughing at that one... a lot of republican suckers fell for that one ... or a truckload of ballots just laying around not locked up not counted, a bunch of republican suckers fell for that one too ... the funniest one of all time was the one from Qanan, that Hillary Clinton is at this pizza shop and in the basement is molesting little children nearly fell out of my chan laughing at that one ... there are so many lies that these republicans bought ... yeah, if you're a republican anything they tell you about a democrat/liberal that is disgusting 99% of the time its a lie but you republicans fall for it every time ...

First Chechnya, then Georgia, then Syria, then Crimea and the Donbas, and now all of Ukraine. This will not stop unless Putin is defeated. The Baltics and Poland are next. That will pull us into a shooting war, and the costs will be much higher.

Obama made a terrible mistake by drawing a red line in Syria then doing nothing when they went right over it. We see Putin for what he is - an anti-Western chauvinistic revanchist who revels in a discredited 19th century ideology of imperial “greatness” regardless of what the conquered people think.

Now is the time to be strong, not timid. Send the Ukrainians all the weapons they need. The Russian armed forces will collapse. The Russians have the weapons but not the people. Ukraine has all the people but not the weapons. Give them what they need.

Well, the US has a the Powell Doctrine, which says you only go to war if there's a reason to. The US doesn't care about Georgia, the Ukraine etc etc. They don't have oil

kind of like the election was stolen started laughing at that one ... had a lot of republican suckers fall for that one ... or even funnier that you could take mail-in ballots and run them through an voting machine as many times as you want, fell out of my chair laughing at that one... a lot of republican suckers fell for that one ... or a truckload of ballots just laying around not locked up not counted, a bunch of republican suckers fell for that one too ... the funniest one of all time was the one from Qanan, that Hillary Clinton is at this pizza shop and in the basement is molesting little children nearly fell out of my chan laughing at that one ... there are so many lies that these republicans bought ... yeah, if you're a republican anything they tell you about a democrat/liberal that is disgusting 99% of the time its a lie but you republicans fall for it every time ...
How does your partisan hatred have anything to do with the post I commented on?

Do you somehow think Ds are less likely to believe propaganda?

PS. I’m not an R. What made you think I was?

Well, the US has a the Powell Doctrine, which says you only go to war if there's a reason to. The US doesn't care about Georgia, the Ukraine etc etc. They don't have oil
Who cares about the Powell doctrine it’s obsolete it’s irrelevant … if the U.S. doesn’t care about Ukraine, let’s see we gave them billions of dollars of weapons and food … in the news yesterday just gave them more money a billion to buy what they need to fight their war …you say we don’t care about them??? What do you want Biden to send your kids off to their war to get killed or mutalayed … the Powell doctrine if that’s not ignorance at its best showing a person who hadn’t a clue… open your eyes get of fox noise or newsmax they have never got it right …

Who cares about the Powell doctrine it’s obsolete it’s irrelevant … if the U.S. doesn’t care about Ukraine, let’s see we gave them billions of dollars of weapons and food … in the news yesterday just gave them more money a billion to buy what they need to fight their war …you say we don’t care about them??? What do you want Biden to send your kids off to their war to get killed or mutalayed … the Powell doctrine if that’s not ignorance at its best showing a person who hadn’t a clue… open your eyes get of fox noise or newsmax they have never got it right …

Who cares? Er... US presidents.

It's not irrelevant, it's still being used today.

The US isn't giving the Ukraine money and weapons because it cares about the Ukraine. It's giving them weapons because it cares about RUSSIA.

Who cares? Er... US presidents.

It's not irrelevant, it's still being used today.

The US isn't giving the Ukraine money and weapons because it cares about the Ukraine. It's giving them weapons because it cares about RUSSIA.
Not really Biden isn’t using the doctrine why would he do that … give them weapons because we care about the Russians … you’re a bigger idiot then I originally thought you were .. Biden could care less about the Russians … he’s quit fine with the Russians dying at huge numbers… he’s fine with seeing them lose battle after battle … you seem to be f&%ked in the head on what’s being done … get off Fox noise and Newsmax …

Not really Biden isn’t using the doctrine why would he do that … give them weapons because we care about the Russians … you’re a bigger idiot then I originally thought you were .. Biden could care less about the Russians … he’s quit fine with the Russians dying at huge numbers… he’s fine with seeing them lose battle after battle … you seem to be f&%ked in the head on what’s being done … get off Fox noise and Newsmax …

Ah, insults.

Bye. Forever.

First Chechnya, then Georgia, then Syria, then Crimea and the Donbas, and now all of Ukraine. This will not stop unless Putin is defeated. The Baltics and Poland are next. That will pull us into a shooting war, and the costs will be much higher.

Obama made a terrible mistake by drawing a red line in Syria then doing nothing when they went right over it. We see Putin for what he is - an anti-Western chauvinistic revanchist who revels in a discredited 19th century ideology of imperial “greatness” regardless of what the conquered people think.

Now is the time to be strong, not timid. Send the Ukrainians all the weapons they need. The Russian armed forces will collapse. The Russians have the weapons but not the people. Ukraine has all the people but not the weapons. Give them what they need.

So Putin uses one or two tactical nukes.

How should we reply? This is a serious question. I am not trying to be cute. It might happen.

not wasting my time I know what history is... it's you who has a problem with it ...republicans are notorious for making up their own history ...
Republican? Are you calling me a Republican? Lol.

You clearly know nothing about American history, if you dispute the fact it is an imperialist nation.

Republican? Are you calling me a Republican? Lol.

You clearly know nothing about American history, if you dispute the fact it is an imperialist nation.
what history says is they were people calling it an imperialist country because they inserted their ideals into other countries ... it was never forced and if our ideals weren't accepted they were forced like many imperialist counties do ... that's where the difference lies what you posted is total bullshit ... and I stand by it... they were trying to brand us as an imperialist country where were weren't ... and we still aren't ...

what history says is they were people calling it an imperialist country because they inserted their ideals into other countries ... it was never forced and if our ideals weren't accepted they were forced like many imperialist counties do ... that's where the difference lies what you posted is total bullshit ... and I stand by it... they were trying to brand us as an imperialist country where were weren't ... and we still aren't ...
No.

Why is the near destruction of native populations not enough to prove to you the US government is imperialist? To say nothing of the numerous wars of aggression and coups committed by our government, including assassinations of world leaders.

No.

Why is the near destruction of native populations not enough to prove to you the US government is imperialist? To say nothing of the numerous wars of aggression and coups committed by our government, including assassinations of world leaders.
you are so full of it reaks ...

Nice rebuttal.

You might consider taking a class on debating techniques.
my debating skills are fine ...your post is just full of it... what can ya say ... all of you repub-lie-clowns are full of it ... you dodge every question ...you find someone who is a conspiracy theorist call it factual and we are supposed to debate that nonsense ??????? really??? yeah great rebuttal ... you just can't debate stupid ...

my debating skills are fine ...your post is just full of it... what can ya say ... all of you repub-lie-clowns are full of it ... you dodge every question ...you find someone who is a conspiracy theorist call it factual and we are supposed to debate that nonsense ??????? really??? yeah great rebuttal ... you just can't debate stupid ...
Lol. Still nothing.

I’m not an R doofus. Why is it you partisans of the duopoly can’t get along with anyone?

Forum List

Back