Combat Vet On Transgender Service

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Iraq combat vet and wounded warrior J.R. Salzman is certain "war is no place for people who are mentally, emotionally, or physically confused or in turmoil."

Reacting to President Donald Trump's announcement to rescind former President Barack Obama's last-minute order to accept openly transgender troops in the military, Salzman unleashed his own testimony via Twitter.

"I served in Iraq in 2006. For the first five months I was on a 12 man firebase out in the middle of nowhere in the desert," said the veteran, before explaining the every day hell of war.

"Everyday was Groundhog Day. Wake up and do the same patrols, the same shifts, every single day. It was so damn hot. 150° in the gun trucks," he wrote. "Tracer fire would go overhead occasionally at night. IED's on the road were a daily threat. We got resupplied food every 8 days."

"The stress of being out there and doing the same job every single day eats away at you. The younger guys had problems with that overtime," continued Salzman. "Any tiny little personal issue they had suddenly became a mountain. And that shit came out on that fire base. And they snapped mentally. ... Guys would literally snap over a dear John letter. Their personal issues came out and they were instantly combat ineffective."

Salzman argued that the reality of such harsh circumstances of war make it no place for those confused about their gender.

"Now take someone confused about whether they are a man/woman. Take those psychological and emotional issues and put them in that environment," he said. "Take someone who is right off the bat not uniform or part of the same team. Give them special treatment because of their identity."

"Take that person, put them in that stressful war environment and watch what happens. It's a f***ticking time bomb," Salzman pointedly added.

"You have to be incredibly tough mentally, physically and emotionally. War is not a f***ing video game. It tests every ounce of your being," asserted the vet. "You can't teach someone to be a fearless warrior in a f***ing PowerPoint. You either have it or you don't. You can hack it or you can't."

Salzman argued that those who were mentally unstable on the battlefield were a "liability."

"War is no place for people who are mentally, emotionally, or physically confused or in turmoil. You have your s*** together, or you don't," he stated. "And if you don't, you'll just get people needlessly killed. Political correctness has absolutely no place in the military."

As previously reported by The Daily Wire, transgender veterans are found to be particularly plagued by mental health issues, with the "highest rates of mental health problems in the U.S. ... A 2016 study found 90% of military members who identify as transgender were diagnosed with at least one mental health disorder, and almost 50% were hospitalized after attempting or considering suicide."

Combat Vet Gives Powerful Testimony Against Trans Troops

Human sexual orientation occurs in the womb. The LBGT community and women have no business on the gun line where you need men and not sissies.

- "Enlisting is tough enough without your DI, Bruce coming back wearing a skirt and wanting to be called Brenda" -

Iraq combat vet and wounded warrior J.R. Salzman is certain "war is no place for people who are mentally, emotionally, or physically confused or in turmoil."

Reacting to President Donald Trump's announcement to rescind former President Barack Obama's last-minute order to accept openly transgender troops in the military, Salzman unleashed his own testimony via Twitter.

"I served in Iraq in 2006. For the first five months I was on a 12 man firebase out in the middle of nowhere in the desert," said the veteran, before explaining the every day hell of war.

"Everyday was Groundhog Day. Wake up and do the same patrols, the same shifts, every single day. It was so damn hot. 150° in the gun trucks," he wrote. "Tracer fire would go overhead occasionally at night. IED's on the road were a daily threat. We got resupplied food every 8 days."

"The stress of being out there and doing the same job every single day eats away at you. The younger guys had problems with that overtime," continued Salzman. "Any tiny little personal issue they had suddenly became a mountain. And that shit came out on that fire base. And they snapped mentally. ... Guys would literally snap over a dear John letter. Their personal issues came out and they were instantly combat ineffective."

Salzman argued that the reality of such harsh circumstances of war make it no place for those confused about their gender.

"Now take someone confused about whether they are a man/woman. Take those psychological and emotional issues and put them in that environment," he said. "Take someone who is right off the bat not uniform or part of the same team. Give them special treatment because of their identity."

"Take that person, put them in that stressful war environment and watch what happens. It's a f***ticking time bomb," Salzman pointedly added.

"You have to be incredibly tough mentally, physically and emotionally. War is not a f***ing video game. It tests every ounce of your being," asserted the vet. "You can't teach someone to be a fearless warrior in a f***ing PowerPoint. You either have it or you don't. You can hack it or you can't."

Salzman argued that those who were mentally unstable on the battlefield were a "liability."

"War is no place for people who are mentally, emotionally, or physically confused or in turmoil. You have your s*** together, or you don't," he stated. "And if you don't, you'll just get people needlessly killed. Political correctness has absolutely no place in the military."

As previously reported by The Daily Wire, transgender veterans are found to be particularly plagued by mental health issues, with the "highest rates of mental health problems in the U.S. ... A 2016 study found 90% of military members who identify as transgender were diagnosed with at least one mental health disorder, and almost 50% were hospitalized after attempting or considering suicide."

Combat Vet Gives Powerful Testimony Against Trans Troops
Yet he's never met a soldier that's transgender

I'm sure that sergeant's opinions were weighed against the generals at the pentagon, but oddly, his opinion just doesn't outrank those of the generals.You might want to note that Trump lied when he said he consulted the generals, who he falsely claimed were his. Somehow that fool got the idea that they are supposed to work for him instead of the country.

I'm sure that sergeant's opinions were weighed against the generals at the pentagon, but oddly, his opinion just doesn't outrank those of the generals.You might want to note that Trump lied when he said he consulted the generals, who he falsely claimed were his. Somehow that fool got the idea that they are supposed to work for him instead of the country.

I doubt he did weigh his opinion against the generals.

What he did, was state the personal opinion of a person in the ranks.

people that generals have little contact with except during inspections.

and they rarely pass the time of day with them.

Got it. So from now on, we go directly to the sergeants for military decisions, because the generals don't know what they are talking about. Right?

Got it. So from now on, we go directly to the sergeants for military decisions, because the generals don't know what they are talking about. Right?

th

th

upload_2017-7-30_13-0-11.png

th

View attachment 141255

We need to add a
th
button

As the Commander-in-Chief they do work for the President. The same way those Generals under Obama followed his orders to let gays and tyrannies openly serve. President Trump as the supreme commander of US Armed forces can now countermand any previous orders. Thats the way that shit works.

As the Commander-in-Chief they do work for the President. The same way those Generals under Obama followed his orders to let gays and tyrannies openly serve. President Trump as the supreme commander of US Armed forces can now countermand any previous orders. Thats the way that shit works.

That's not what the Pentagon told him.
Try as he might, Trump's tweets can't change military policy on trans troops | Matt Thorn

That's not what the Pentagon told him.
Try as he might, Trump's tweets can't change military policy on trans troops | Matt Thorn

No his tweets won't but guess what happens when he make it an official order ? The Pentagon will salute and say yes Sir, right away Sir. Thats the way it works.

You better hope that dumbassery isn't a fatal disease.

Forum List

Back