Columbus Day abolished

9 cities abolish Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day in many cites.
They are replacing it with Indigenous People's Day.
They are saying that Columbus came to America to murder the natives.
Columbus came to the western hemisphere by accident.
He didn't come here to commit genocide.
We need to be honest about this.
The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.
If they want to ADD an Indigenous People's holiday that is fine.
Add the holiday in the spring when there are very few holidays.

Holidays are good for our economy.

From the OP link:

>> “Then there is a large population of Italian Americans who for some reason align themselves with this idea of Columbus being an Italian American,” said Matias. “He never made it out of the Caribbean, and was sent back to face charges. So even then Columbus was seen as a criminal who filled his ships with rapists, murders and thieves. We are hoping to generate some interest that Columbus is not a great representative. I always say they should have Frank Sinatra Day.” <<​

I've noticed this too, the bizarre contrivance that "b-but but Columbus was Italian" as if it had something to do with the price of eggs in Genoa --- in spite of the fact that he was working for Spain, not Italy, which didn't even exist at the time, so he had literally nothing to do with Italianism.

The choice of Frank Sinatra at the end is equally bizarro. I'm sure Galileo and DaVinci are most amuserated by that.
Abolishing Columbus Day is not really about hating Columbus, it is about hating white people.

I know of no evidence that Columbus "hated white people". Feel free to link that. Dood's building up quite a resume but there's always room for more.

I mean, you could make the case that he hated red people........

You poor dense turd. It's about the left hating history in general, and at the time it was mostly white people making said history.

The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.

That's true, he didn't sail out to commit genocide. That was an afterthought when the opportunity presented itself.

He sailed for personal gain, shilling for the Spanish crown and the Church. And when he got to what he thought must be India (tip: don't buy a GPS named "Columbus"), he quickly tried to enslave the "Indians", sent them out to find gold in a place that didn't have any and cut off their hands when they came back without it, took well over a thousand by force and shipped them to Spain, selling the survivors of the voyage as slaves "in the name of the Holy Trinity", sliced random pieces of flesh off them just to test their sword sharpening, hung them, hunted them down and burned them alive.

FFS I don't know why we don't have a Charles Manson day too. Nomsayin'? We could do it in the Spring when there are few holidays. Good for the economy and shit.

Say, I wonder if Amherst Massachusetts has a Columbus Day... :eusa_think:

The Europeans in the new world were not out for Genocide, but for Exploitation. The same exploitation used by any more advanced or powerful civilization at the time used on less powerful or advanced civilization.

Europeans at the time were also exploiting each other, and fighting each other. The litany of "X years war" or the "war of the fill in the blank succession" shows their ability to fight even themselves.

Stop lowering the bar for genocide to suit your current political interests.

I already pointed all this out. Read it again and don't skip the words this time.

Here's a guy who wants to play "she was asking for it".

SMGDFH

He's right.

The history of the world is one people conquering another. The natives did that to the other natives.

Encyclopedia of the Great Plains | INTERTRIBAL WARFARE

And the Europeans were doing it to themselves at the same time. Just try to look up how many wars of this many years, or of this thrones succession were held.

That's true, he didn't sail out to commit genocide. That was an afterthought when the opportunity presented itself.

He sailed for personal gain, shilling for the Spanish crown and the Church. And when he got to what he thought must be India (tip: don't buy a GPS named "Columbus"), he quickly tried to enslave the "Indians", sent them out to find gold in a place that didn't have any and cut off their hands when they came back without it, took well over a thousand by force and shipped them to Spain, selling the survivors of the voyage as slaves "in the name of the Holy Trinity", sliced random pieces of flesh off them just to test their sword sharpening, hung them, hunted them down and burned them alive.

FFS I don't know why we don't have a Charles Manson day too. Nomsayin'? We could do it in the Spring when there are few holidays. Good for the economy and shit.

The Europeans in the new world were not out for Genocide, but for Exploitation. The same exploitation used by any more advanced or powerful civilization at the time used on less powerful or advanced civilization.

Europeans at the time were also exploiting each other, and fighting each other. The litany of "X years war" or the "war of the fill in the blank succession" shows their ability to fight even themselves.

I already pointed all this out. Read it again and don't skip the words this time.

But you brushed it off as irrelevant, and it is most decidedly relevant.

Not Genocide.

SMGDFH

He's right.

The history of the world is one people conquering another. The natives did that to the other natives.

He's right about history; he's not right that might makes right.

We don't celebrate Hitler conquering Poland or Japan taking over Korea, do we? It's factual history but it's not a fucking virtue.

Not Genocide.

Once AGAIN --- I did not bring up "genocide" except to agree that that was not his purpose. The OP brought that up. As a strawman.

Prove me wrong.

SMGDFH

He's right.

We don't celebrate Hitler conquering Poland or Japan taking over Korea, do we? It's factual history but it's not a fucking virtue.

Wow, you went Godwin before the 4th page....

From the OP link:

>> “Then there is a large population of Italian Americans who for some reason align themselves with this idea of Columbus being an Italian American,” said Matias. “He never made it out of the Caribbean, and was sent back to face charges. So even then Columbus was seen as a criminal who filled his ships with rapists, murders and thieves. We are hoping to generate some interest that Columbus is not a great representative. I always say they should have Frank Sinatra Day.” <<​

I've noticed this too, the bizarre contrivance that "b-but but Columbus was Italian" as if it had something to do with the price of eggs in Genoa --- in spite of the fact that he was working for Spain, not Italy, which didn't even exist at the time, so he had literally nothing to do with Italianism.

The choice of Frank Sinatra at the end is equally bizarro. I'm sure Galileo and DaVinci are most amuserated by that.
Abolishing Columbus Day is not really about hating Columbus, it is about hating white people.

I know of no evidence that Columbus "hated white people". Feel free to link that. Dood's building up quite a resume but there's always room for more.

You poor dense turd. It's about the left hating history in general, and at the time it was mostly white people making said history.

History is not written by "left" or "right". It just IS. I listed a bunch, and you cannot refute it. From ANY side.

NOR did I post anything about "whites". Again, that's the OP's obsession.

Not Genocide.

Once AGAIN --- I did not bring up "genocide" except to agree that that was not his purpose. The OP brought that up. As a strawman.

Prove me wrong.

Your weak backhanded attempt to label it a genocide.

From the OP link:

History is not written by "left" or "right". It just IS. I listed a bunch, and you cannot refute it. From ANY side.

NOR did I post anything about "whites". Again, that's the OP's obsession.

History can be interpreted by the viewpoint of the person writing about it, and these days it is the left trying to re-write history.

Not Genocide.

Prove me wrong.

Funny then that you can't quote me making any such point, huh.

Not Genocide.

Prove me wrong.

Funny then that you can't quote me, huh.

I did quote you.

Not Genocide.

Prove me wrong.

I did quote you.

Mayhaps you should actually READ it.

Don't be afraid to read. Columbus isn't going to cut off your eyes because you didn't see the words.

Not Genocide.

Prove me wrong.

I did quote you.

you forgot your "but" statment at the end. You are implying genocide in the general situation of colonization, I am calling your implication bullshit.

SMGDFH

He's right.

Why would celebrate those wars? We celebrate the wars we won.

Prove me wrong.

I did quote you.

you forgot your "but" statment at the end. You are implying genocide in the general situation of colonization, I am calling your implication bullshit.

Once AGAIN I didn't even use the term "genocide" except in the negative to agree with the OP's point he strawmanned in his opening salvo. I made no mention of how a quarter-million Arawak were extinguished within 25 years. You can call it anything you like. I simply listed some of his activities.

And again, you have no refutation of them. Googly-Image Frog Boi up there in post 8 actually wants to celebrate them.

My points stand, untouched.

SMGDFH

He's right.

I dunno why we would. It's a question for Googly-Image Frog Boy in post 8. Bloodthirst seems to be his thang.

I did quote you.

Once AGAIN I didn't even use the term "genocide" except in the negative to agree with the OP's point he strawmanned in his opening salvo. I made no mention of how a quarter-million Arawak were extinguished within 25 years. You can call it anything you like. I simply listed some of his activities.

And again, you have no refutation of them. Googly-Image Frog Boi up there in post 8 actually wants to celebrate them.

My points stand, untouched.

You can't even admit to your own backhanded attempt to equate colonization with genocide.

SMGDFH

He's right.

I dunno why we would. It's a question for Googly-Image Frog Boy in post 8. Bloodthirst seems to be his thang.

Celebrating war isn't his argument.

His argument is that we shouldn't have to apologize or pay anyone for what humankind has been doing to each other since the dawn of time because our ancestors were good at it.

And he's absolutely correct.

Forum List

Back