Columbus Day abolished

9 cities abolish Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day in many cites.
They are replacing it with Indigenous People's Day.
They are saying that Columbus came to America to murder the natives.
Columbus came to the western hemisphere by accident.
He didn't come here to commit genocide.
We need to be honest about this.
The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.
If they want to ADD an Indigenous People's holiday that is fine.
Add the holiday in the spring when there are very few holidays.

Holidays are good for our economy.

That's true, he didn't sail out to commit genocide. That was an afterthought when the opportunity presented itself.

He sailed for personal gain, shilling for the Spanish crown and the Church. And when he got to what he thought must be India (tip: don't buy a GPS named "Columbus"), he quickly tried to enslave the "Indians", sent them out to find gold in a place that didn't have any and cut off their hands when they came back without it, took well over a thousand by force and shipped them to Spain, selling the survivors of the voyage as slaves "in the name of the Holy Trinity", sliced random pieces of flesh off them just to test their sword sharpening, hung them, hunted them down and burned them alive.

FFS I don't know why we don't have a Charles Manson day too. Nomsayin'? We could do it in the Spring when there are few holidays. Good for the economy and shit.

Say, I wonder if Amherst Massachusetts has a Columbus Day... :eusa_think:
Stupid conflation of the Conquistadors. You're an idiot Pogo.

The goal of all progressive filth.

usa map1.jpg

Here's a guy who wants to play "she was asking for it".

SMGDFH

He's right.

The history of the world is one people conquering another. The natives did that to the other natives.

Encyclopedia of the Great Plains | INTERTRIBAL WARFARE

He's right about history; he's not right that might makes right.

We don't celebrate Hitler conquering Poland or Japan taking over Korea, do we? It's factual history but it's not a fucking virtue.

Why would celebrate those wars? We celebrate the wars we won.

I dunno why we would. It's a question for Googly-Image Frog Boy in post 8. Bloodthirst seems to be his thang.

Celebrating war isn't his argument.

His argument is that we shouldn't have to apologize or pay anyone for what humankind has been doing to each other since the dawn of time because our ancestors were good at it.

And he's absolutely correct.

Nobody made any such claim that "we should" do anything of the sort. That's yet another strawman. The topic was about (more) communities turning their backs on Columbus Day. NOTHING in that says or implies anything about "paying" anyone for anything. It's a non-action. The process of discontinuing something from the past does not "pay" anything to anybody. All it does is cease to pay attention to the jettisoned activity. That's it, full stop.

His argument (to the extent one can call running off to fetch a Googly Image an "argument") is not "celebrating war" and nobody suggested that either. I made no mention of "war", nor did the OP. His argument is celebrating brutality. That cannot be "correct" or "incorrect" as it's a value judgment. It's a moral question. And he plainly states his lack thereof.

Last edited:
He's right.

The history of the world is one people conquering another. The natives did that to the other natives.

Encyclopedia of the Great Plains | INTERTRIBAL WARFARE

We don't celebrate Hitler conquering Poland or Japan taking over Korea, do we? It's factual history but it's not a fucking virtue.

I dunno why we would. It's a question for Googly-Image Frog Boy in post 8. Bloodthirst seems to be his thang.

His argument is that we shouldn't have to apologize or pay anyone for what humankind has been doing to each other since the dawn of time because our ancestors were good at it.

Nobody made any such claim that "we should" do anything of the sort. That's yet another strawman. The topic was about (more) communities turning their backs on Columbus Day. NOTHING in that says or implies anything about "paying" anyone for anything. It's a non-action.

Your comment in response to Oddball was not about communities turning their backs on Columbus Day. You used a rape analogy.

Columbus was a product of his time.
He did some horrific things, but he also changed the world.
When the Left says that he committed genocide it's a lie.
The Left is using him to project upon today's white people as being evil.
It is another racist political tool being use by the racist Democrat demagogues.
Just add an Indigenous People's Day holiday.

Myth vs Facts – The Truth About Columbus

Last edited:
Funny then that you can't quote me making any such point, huh.

Mayhaps you should actually READ it.

I did quote you.

you forgot your "but" statment at the end. You are implying genocide in the general situation of colonization, I am calling your implication bullshit.

Once AGAIN I didn't even use the term "genocide" except in the negative to agree with the OP's point he strawmanned in his opening salvo. I made no mention of how a quarter-million Arawak were extinguished within 25 years. You can call it anything you like. I simply listed some of his activities.

And again, you have no refutation of them. Googly-Image Frog Boi up there in post 8 actually wants to celebrate them.

My points stand, untouched.

You can't even admit to your own backhanded attempt to equate colonization with genocide.

Once AGAIN, AGAIN ----- NOWHERE did I bring up "genocide". That's the OP's strawman.

NOWHERE did I either bring up "race". That too is the OP's hangup. NOWHERE did I suggest Columbus did what he did on account of his race or that of his victims. On the contrary I proffered from the beginning that his motives were greed, material gain and ingratiating himself to the Spanish crown and the Church. NOTHING in that implies any "race" in any context.

What I DID post was a summary of his activities once he landed, lost at sea. ZERO posters have disputed any of those activities, thus we must agree that they are accurate history.

All we are left with then is the moral question. The question of whether "might makes right", as Frogman's Googly Image ass-serts.

If we are to answer this in the affirmative, that means I can go outside and overpower my neighbor, take his food, rape his daughter, and send his sons out to look for gold in the woods and cut their hands off when they can't find it. As long as I'm better at brutality than they are, I win.

But that food is finite, so I'll go into town to the bank because they have money and I want it. So all I need to do is take enough guns and gunslingers to overpower them and I can have that money because I was better at brutality than they were.

That's about it isn't it? Please confirm because I still have time to change my afternoon plans.

Nobody made any such claim that "we should" do anything of the sort. That's yet another strawman. The topic was about (more) communities turning their backs on Columbus Day. NOTHING in that says or implies anything about "paying" anyone for anything. It's a non-action.

Your comment in response to Oddball was not about communities turning their backs on Columbus Day. You used a rape analogy.

Correct, I did. Because it's a ready example of blame-the-victim. The point being, blame-the-victim is a fallacious tool to evade responsibility for one's own actions.

I did quote you.

you forgot your "but" statment at the end. You are implying genocide in the general situation of colonization, I am calling your implication bullshit.

Once AGAIN I didn't even use the term "genocide" except in the negative to agree with the OP's point he strawmanned in his opening salvo. I made no mention of how a quarter-million Arawak were extinguished within 25 years. You can call it anything you like. I simply listed some of his activities.

And again, you have no refutation of them. Googly-Image Frog Boi up there in post 8 actually wants to celebrate them.

You can't even admit to your own backhanded attempt to equate colonization with genocide.

Once AGAIN, AGAIN ----- NOWHERE did I bring up "genocide". That's the OP's strawman.

NOWHERE did I either bring up "race". That too is the OP's hangup. NOWHERE did I suggest Columbus did what he did on account of his race or that of his victims. On the contrary I proffered from the beginning that his motives were greed, material gain and ingratiating himself to the Spanish crown and the Church. NOTHING in that implies any "race" in any context.

What I DID post was a summary of his activities once he landed, lost at sea. ZERO posters have disputed any of those activities, thus we must agree that they are accurate history.

All we are left with then is the moral question. The question of whether "might makes right", as Frogman's Googly Image ass-serts.

If we are to answer this in the affirmative, that means I can go outside and overpower my neighbor, take his food, rape his daughter, and send his sons out to look for gold in the woods and cut their hands off when they can't find it.

But that food is finite, so I'll go into town to the bank because they have money and I want it. So all I need to do is take enough guns and gunslingers to overpower them and I can have that money because I was better at brutality than they were.

That's about it isn't it? Please confirm because I still have time to change my afternoon plans.
read this
Myth vs Facts – The Truth About Columbus

I did quote you.

If we are to answer this in the affirmative, that means I can go outside and overpower my neighbor, take his food, rape his daughter, and send his sons out to look for gold in the woods and cut their hands off when they can't find it.

Your statement implied genocide. Stop trying to hide that fact behind walls of text.

Your statement implied genocide. Stop trying to hide that fact behind walls of text.

Columbus' actions may imply genocide. The OP came right out and said it. Then he admitted it, desperately trying to blame those actions on "the left", "Democrats" and "whites" because he can't face it.

I didn't need to "imply" jack shit. That was all done before I got here.

Correct, I did. Because it's a ready example of blame-the-victim. The point being, blame-the-victim is a fallacious tool to evade responsibility for one's own actions.

He's not blaming the victim.

He's stating that we shouldn't have to apologize and pay for what humankind has been doing forever and what our ancestors did very well.

The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.
Nine cities out of how many are there in our nation?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Columbus' actions may imply genocide. The OP came right out and said it. Then he admitted it, desperately trying to blame those actions on "the left", "Democrats" and "whites" because he can't face it.

I didn't need to "imply" jack shit. That was all done before I got here.
I got to tell you. The Italian people take a lot of crap in our nation. From massive stereotypes that if it were African Americans there would be public outcrys to the stratosphere to removing holidays due to pur political correctness and diversity agendas. MLK was a rapist and philanderer. A man of religion we are told. Remove his holiday.

And thus we see that multi-culturalism and diversity are lies.

He's stating that we shouldn't have to apologize and pay for what humankind has been doing forever and what our ancestors did very well.

Once AGAIN --- nobody suggested "we have to apologize and pay for" anything. Thought I already noted this.

Prove me wrong.

Once AGAIN --- nobody suggested "we have to apologize and pay for" anything. Thought I already noted this.

Prove me wrong.

You said he was blaming the victim. He wasn't.

That's why I've ignored all his following hysterical responses...My instincts were correct as he later went Godwin.

The preposterousness of taking on guilt for things over which I had no control, that happened centuries before I was born, exceeds my ability to comprehend...It's also why I gave organized religion the back of my hand before I even left high school....But progressive worshipers of The State are hell bent on pulling people back into the guilt game.

Nine cities out of how many are there in our nation?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That's nine new cities that are mentioned in the article.

Here's an article from last year mentioning 56 others. See also post 4 mentioning a list of states and other places.

There's nothing new about this. I was writing about it 30-40 years ago.

Prove me wrong.

You said he was blaming the victim. He wasn't.

No, I said that's what the rape analogy does. Again, it's a way of wiggling out of responsibility, whether one's own or some proxy he chooses to white-knight for. If "she was asking for it", or if "they're not smart enough to withstand our brutality" ---- then it becomes "their" doing, and "my" role in it is washed away like a laundry stain.

As I already said --- by that logic I should be able to invade my neighbor's house and take his stuff because he wasn't "smart" enough to withstand my aggression; thus it's all on him and I'm squeaky clean.

Check Frogman's latest post. Now he's whining about "guilt". Where'd he get that? Who knows.

Forum List

Back