Colorado Passes Un-Constitutional Election Law To Award Electoral Votes To Popular-Vote Winner

All this will do is cause their citizens votes to mean nothing. That's why we have the EC. Cali and NY will be deciding every election. The lower your citizen count the less power you have using the popular vote.
Thanks for the explanation.

Quite frankly, I would like to see states go the other direction with proportional allotment of the votes, not winner takes all. That way, the voices of the people in the state are heard. This way, it becomes a totally moot point what farmers in Iowa want, because their state's votes would not be determined by them at all.
This is exactly the kind of thought process we need for beginning constructive dialect imo.
Its like we need to expand (lawyers can do the rest) or emphasize the EC thats currently in place, due to population growth, the concentration of it, and how the representation of that said population, is addressed geographically...I think.

Nothing unconstitutional about it.

However a needed structural change should be accomplished by an amendment.

Such an interstate pact could easily fall apart.

I think the people need to have more of a say in the Federal Government, and the Feds need less power over the people.

"Democratic nominee Joe Biden was leading in the national popular vote by more than 3 million votes as of Wednesday night, though votes were still being counted nationwide.

“The national popular vote is a very straightforward concept,” Democratic state Sen. Michael Foote, who backed the initiative, told the newspaper. “One person should always equal one vote, and the presidential candidate who gets the most votes should win the election.”

If Democrats are able to get rid of the Electoral Vote in future elections there would be no need to campaign or listen / pay attention to Fly-Over states and Americans living in them. Elections could be won by winning the major metropolis cities in the US. Everyone else would be stripped of their 'political voice' and would from then on be just 'long for the ride', at the whim of big liberal-run/populated cities.

It is ironic that Colorado voted to pass this measure, as if adopted nationally their opinions / voices would no longer matter:

“This is going to reduce Colorado’s clout, and it’s going to reduce our influence on issues like transportation, water, health care and funding for our military bases."

Colorado became the 16th state to join the self-damaging National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

Show us in the Constitution where they outline who and how the delegates casts their votes for president.

You cannot elect representatives to the Electoral College based on voters outside your state. It is unConstitutional.

Yet there is no clear guidelines in the Constitution as to how the delegates must vote...
The delegates (electors) are supposed to be trusted and responsible members of their respective party

in some states they are bound by law to vote for the candidate they are pledged to and in others states they are not
If I'm not mistaken, I think the SC just ruled recently that faithless electors are illegal.

Depends on state law doesn't it? Didn't the ruling say that State's can make them binding? The question now becomes can a State legislatively bind their electors to the winner of the national vote.

Nobody takes right wingers seriously about Constitutional law more than anybody takes right wingers seriously about economics.
Yeah, who the hell would listen to the most successful President in DECADES, in some cases EVER, who built the strongest economy and the lowest unemployment rates in DECADES, again, in some cases EVER, who just had the largest economic growth in this last quarter in US history, when they can listen to the Massahs' who want to re-instate the failed policies of 'economic slavery' and mega-job-killing regulations, and who intend to jack up taxes during this hard-hit economy right in the middle of a pandemic?!

:p Bwuhahahahahaha

Economy is in the toilet

Unemployment is worst in decades..

You need to stop drinking now.... A part from the massive incompetence of this Administration, they were great....
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

My economy is great! I don't work in a restaurant, so I have a job, and I don't drink.

I suggest you catch a clue if possible.

Forum List

Back