Colorado governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

Can Marijuana Prevent Alzheimer s Next Avenue

Marijuana is a miracle drug with multiple applications for treating a variety of ailments. Its also has unexplored [ for POLITICAL REASONS] potential to be a tremendous addition to pharmacology.
Can Marijuana Prevent Alzheimer's?
As researchers seek treatments to combat Alzheimer's and dementia, cannabis gains attention.
By Robyn Griggs Lawrence | October 3, 2012.

Alzheimer's ran rampant through my family; my great grandfather, my grandfather, and all of his kids had it.

I don't drink, but have smoked weed since 18.

I don't have it, but my straight brother and sister are both starting to crack up.

I think it works.

Marijuana is a miracle drug with multiple applications for treating a variety of ailments. Its also has unexplored [ for POLITICAL REASONS] potential to be a tremendous addition to pharmacology.
As researchers seek treatments to combat Alzheimer's and dementia, cannabis gains attention.

Alzheimer's ran rampant through my family; my great grandfather, my grandfather, and all of his kids had it.

I don't have it, but my straight brother and sister are both starting to crack up.

I think it works.
That or you are so pot deluded that you can't recognize the symptoms in yourself.

Logic like that above got reefer passed to legal. I agree to decriminalize it in quantities of a few ounces or less but what has been done will back fire and bring in more and more gangsters. So what if it can cure every disease known to man? Then make it legal for medical applications instead of the present status. Let's give this a year or two more and then take a hard look at the states legalizing it. Getting "stoned" is trash no matter how one does it and no one can tell me the reason reefer is legal is for the heart felt concern for the ill and sick instead of stoners celebrating victor y in the name of getting blitzed legally. Hell, just look at the packaging and names of the pot, that says it all.

If you dont feel the same about alcohol you're a hypocrite.

Drug laws, like any other vice law, are primarily designed due to people who cannot handle "too much of a good thing." I myself have been able to use pot on occasion without any addiction or impact on my work or life, same as alcohol (and I love me some alcohol).

Where I digress from drug legalization advocates is the legalization of all drugs. Some to me have too much of a downside for users, i.e. with things like meth and heroin, where the ability to casually use with out acute societal and person side effects is far less than alcohol, pot, nicotine or caffeine. I would also add things like Ecstasy and magic mushrooms to the legalization category.

Any law against a vice must have a tangible, and overwhelming postitive impact on society vs. the cost, both in terms of economics, and when it comes to drug vices, on the cost of the reduction of our freedoms due to the needed zealous policing required to bring it about.

Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana was a bad idea, the state’s governor said Friday. And i think it was obvious that legalizing drugs will be just another "headache"!
Colorado governor Legalizing pot was bad idea
It's very good that some people is still against and have some common sense.
Foolish researches about healthsome pot smoking and other drug usage is lie and it's time to understand that ALL drugs are bad without any exceptions!
What went wrong? I'm not hearing any con's just pros.

I think it works.
That or you are so pot deluded that you can't recognize the symptoms in yourself.

My mom has Alzheimer's. Sometimes high I feel like I have it. I don't see how killing braincells will cure a brain desease.

Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana was a bad idea, the state’s governor said Friday. And i think it was obvious that legalizing drugs will be just another "headache"!
Foolish researches about healthsome pot smoking and other drug usage is lie and it's time to understand that ALL drugs are bad without any exceptions!

The war on drugs too expensive and you lost. We never stopped smoking pot. And we always will legal or not.

Logic like that above got reefer passed to legal. I agree to decriminalize it in quantities of a few ounces or less but what has been done will back fire and bring in more and more gangsters. So what if it can cure every disease known to man? Then make it legal for medical applications instead of the present status. Let's give this a year or two more and then take a hard look at the states legalizing it. Getting "stoned" is trash no matter how one does it and no one can tell me the reason reefer is legal is for the heart felt concern for the ill and sick instead of stoners celebrating victor y in the name of getting blitzed legally. Hell, just look at the packaging and names of the pot, that says it all.

They are both bad and alcohol should be banned from the United State. There are untold numbers of people killed, injured and crimes committed under the influence of alcohol and drugs. It is destroying our country from within.

The war on drugs too expensive and you lost. We never stopped smoking pot. And we always will legal or not.
DOPE FOREVER, FOREVER LOADED!!!!!!

Drug laws, like any other vice law, are primarily designed due to people who cannot handle "too much of a good thing." I myself have been able to use pot on occasion without any addiction or impact on my work or life, same as alcohol (and I love me some alcohol).

Where I digress from drug legalization advocates is the legalization of all drugs. Some to me have too much of a downside for users, i.e. with things like meth and heroin, where the ability to casually use with out acute societal and person side effects is far less than alcohol, pot, nicotine or caffeine. I would also add things like Ecstasy and magic mushrooms to the legalization category.

Any law against a vice must have a tangible, and overwhelming postitive impact on society vs. the cost, both in terms of economics, and when it comes to drug vices, on the cost of the reduction of our freedoms due to the needed zealous policing required to bring it about.

I'll be fifty this year and have smoked pot for 35 of those years yet I was able to retire early and lead a productive life.
And I also love my beer and whiskey.
It all boils down to personal responsibility really.
If you cant handle drinking it's not likely you'll do any better with pot,but thats on the individual.

They are both bad and alcohol should be banned from the United State. There are untold numbers of people killed, injured and crimes committed under the influence of alcohol and drugs. It is destroying our country from within.
Make them cheaper then. How many have robbed someone so they can get a pack of smokes? Maybe they would if cigarettes were illegal though.

And if anything cigarettes should be illegal. They kill.

The prohibition of MJ is a cost-deficit; the only benefit, benefits the pharmaceutical industry, the adult beverage industry, drug counseling services and those few law enforcement agencies who receive money from the Congress in terms of grants.

Local LE; cops, prosecution, probation, jails and prison all have higher priorities and most would applaud decriminalization in one form or another. Ask any cop/deputy/agent if S/He would prefer breaking up a party of drunks, or a party of MJ users.

Allowing MJ to be taxed and requiring a permit to grow MJ seems the sanest solution to the political problem -allowing local political subdivisions (city, county) to prohibit or establish zoning laws for growing seems reasonable too.

Taxes on its sale, and taxes paid by its distributors will bring a multi-billion dollar economy into the light. The black market, which today provides this ubiquitous drug to the market, is run by criminals, and criminal gangs, creating a nexus between generally law abiding citizens and thugs. Not a good thing.

The prohibition of MJ is a cost-deficit; the only benefit, benefits the pharmaceutical industry, the adult beverage industry, drug counseling services and those few law enforcement agencies who receive money from the Congress in terms of grants.
That's a weird thing to say. Not everyone resorts to illegal substances, it keeps pot out of the hands of many. Many, well most people don't want it legalized. To disagree is one thing but to pretend its' illegal status has no other effect is wrong.

Local LE; cops, prosecution, probation, jails and prison all have higher priorities and most would applaud decriminalization in one form or another. Ask any cop/deputy/agent if S/He would prefer breaking up a party of drunks, or a party of MJ users.

Allowing MJ to be taxed and requiring a permit to grow MJ seems the sanest solution to the political problem -allowing local political subdivisions (city, county) to prohibit or establish zoning laws for growing seems reasonable too.

Taxes on its sale, and taxes paid by its distributors will bring a multi-billion dollar economy into the light. The black market, which today provides this ubiquitous drug to the market, is run by criminals, and criminal gangs, creating a nexus between generally law abiding citizens and thugs. Not a good thing.
I think its important to know this persons political beliefs. Is he a Muslim Mormon hasidic Jew jehova or born again who believes god said don't smoke? Another reason we have a secular country.

Bet he's super religious.

tH

There will be no pot industry once personal cultivation becomes widespread.

The pot problem will then become one of making sure assholes kill the males before they fuck up whole counties.

What religion do you follow? Trying to understand your reasons you think pot should be illegal.

Support-for-Legalization-of-Marijuana-by-Generation.png

Forum List

Back