Colorado governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

Logic like that above got reefer passed to legal. I agree to decriminalize it in quantities of a few ounces or less but what has been done will back fire and bring in more and more gangsters. So what if it can cure every disease known to man? Then make it legal for medical applications instead of the present status. Let's give this a year or two more and then take a hard look at the states legalizing it. Getting "stoned" is trash no matter how one does it and no one can tell me the reason reefer is legal is for the heart felt concern for the ill and sick instead of stoners celebrating victor y in the name of getting blitzed legally. Hell, just look at the packaging and names of the pot, that says it all.

If you dont feel the same about alcohol you're a hypocrite.

Drug laws, like any other vice law, are primarily designed due to people who cannot handle "too much of a good thing." I myself have been able to use pot on occasion without any addiction or impact on my work or life, same as alcohol (and I love me some alcohol).

Where I digress from drug legalization advocates is the legalization of all drugs. Some to me have too much of a downside for users, i.e. with things like meth and heroin, where the ability to casually use with out acute societal and person side effects is far less than alcohol, pot, nicotine or caffeine. I would also add things like Ecstasy and magic mushrooms to the legalization category.

Any law against a vice must have a tangible, and overwhelming postitive impact on society vs. the cost, both in terms of economics, and when it comes to drug vices, on the cost of the reduction of our freedoms due to the needed zealous policing required to bring it about.

I'll be fifty this year and have smoked pot for 35 of those years yet I was able to retire early and lead a productive life.
And I also love my beer and whiskey.
It all boils down to personal responsibility really.
If you cant handle drinking it's not likely you'll do any better with pot,but thats on the individual.
I retired at 55.

Pot smoking son, at 40.

Any substance that impairs your ability to function should not be made legal. Realize this reefer being sold today is much more powerful than your daddy's pot. Legalizing pot was as intelligent as prohibition. Why not make the national speed limit 100 mph?

Wow! I'm blown away by the logic you've just demonstrated. Especially the part about how legalizing pot being "as intelligent as prohibition". You've really made your case.
Some religions say thou shall not smoke or drink. Mormons Muslims. I'm sure the bible says it too. Treat your body like a temple.

Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana was a bad idea, the state’s governor said Friday. And i think it was obvious that legalizing drugs will be just another "headache"!
Colorado governor Legalizing pot was bad idea
It's very good that some people is still against and have some common sense.
Foolish researches about healthsome pot smoking and other drug usage is lie and it's time to understand that ALL drugs are bad without any exceptions!

You one of those anti-vaccine persons that lets their kids die from ear and sinus infections because ALL drugs are bad without any exceptions!".

Support-for-Legalization-of-Marijuana-by-Generation.png
Fucking Nancy Reagan and her war on drugs. And their anti science could have prevented a cure that might have cured Ronny of the Alzheimer's. So ignorant. Conservatives hold us back in so many ways.

Logic like that above got reefer passed to legal. I agree to decriminalize it in quantities of a few ounces or less but what has been done will back fire and bring in more and more gangsters. So what if it can cure every disease known to man? Then make it legal for medical applications instead of the present status. Let's give this a year or two more and then take a hard look at the states legalizing it. Getting "stoned" is trash no matter how one does it and no one can tell me the reason reefer is legal is for the heart felt concern for the ill and sick instead of stoners celebrating victor y in the name of getting blitzed legally. Hell, just look at the packaging and names of the pot, that says it all.

Drug laws, like any other vice law, are primarily designed due to people who cannot handle "too much of a good thing." I myself have been able to use pot on occasion without any addiction or impact on my work or life, same as alcohol (and I love me some alcohol).

Where I digress from drug legalization advocates is the legalization of all drugs. Some to me have too much of a downside for users, i.e. with things like meth and heroin, where the ability to casually use with out acute societal and person side effects is far less than alcohol, pot, nicotine or caffeine. I would also add things like Ecstasy and magic mushrooms to the legalization category.

Any law against a vice must have a tangible, and overwhelming postitive impact on society vs. the cost, both in terms of economics, and when it comes to drug vices, on the cost of the reduction of our freedoms due to the needed zealous policing required to bring it about.

I'll be fifty this year and have smoked pot for 35 of those years yet I was able to retire early and lead a productive life.
If you cant handle drinking it's not likely you'll do any better with pot,but thats on the individual.

when i was a kid 30+ years ago

smoked weed when it was cool and not so popular

havent smoked it since but then again i dont drink much either

Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana was a bad idea, the state’s governor said Friday. And i think it was obvious that legalizing drugs will be just another "headache"!
Foolish researches about healthsome pot smoking and other drug usage is lie and it's time to understand that ALL drugs are bad without any exceptions!

You one of those anti-vaccine persons that lets their kids die from ear and sinus infections because ALL drugs are bad without any exceptions!".
Give her a second to swallow her vicitan zanex or oxi cotton that a doctor prescribed her before she tells you why pots wrong.

I retired at 55.

Pot smoking son, at 40.

I wish my brother would have turned out so well. He let alcohol ruin a promising career,but that goes back to the personal responsibility thing.
I've pretty much disowned him.

What religion do you follow? Trying to understand your reasons you think pot should be illegal.
What does religion have to do with it? All but a few states have it illegal, you think they are all religious and that's their motivation? Are you stoned?

The prohibition of MJ is a cost-deficit; the only benefit, benefits the pharmaceutical industry, the adult beverage industry, drug counseling services and those few law enforcement agencies who receive money from the Congress in terms of grants.
That's a weird thing to say. Not everyone resorts to illegal substances, it keeps pot out of the hands of many. Many, well most people don't want it legalized. To disagree is one thing but to pretend its' illegal status has no other effect is wrong.

Gee, thanks for sharing your opinion, do you have any fact(s) to support it?

Good for you old man. What's that got to do with me? I guess you get a vote too. Just don't be a dick and try to take the right away from us because you don't like it. We will outlaw donuts coffee and hobos on your fat ass. Lol. Remember what free means.

Sounds like neither were your cup of tea.
I see three types when it comes to recreational mind altering substances.
Those who can take it or leave it like your case. Those who like it and can control it...and of course those that let it take over their lives.

Curious. What does it mean to be free in america? Free to do what you say? How free is that. Were your slaves. Religion makes some people really dumb.

Good for you old man. What's that got to do with me? I guess you get a vote too. Just don't be a dick and try to take the right away from us because you don't like it. We will outlaw donuts coffee and hobos on your fat ass. Lol. Remember what free means.

i usually dont care what others smoke but with your attitude

guess i will have to vote it out --LOL

Those who can take it or leave it like your case. Those who like it and can control it...and of course those that let it take over their lives.

both had been my cup of tea (several cups actually) --LOL

just grew out of it more or less

like i said earlier i really dont care what others ingest

And we don't ban things because a small percent can't handle it. We've already decided this by having casinos in Detroit.

Pot doesn't ruin your life. It enhances it. Lol. Like a really good cigarette. Pot just makes people lazy but hey we want to relax and enjoy ourselves

I retired at 55.

Pot smoking son, at 40.

I wish my brother would have turned out so well. He let alcohol ruin a promising career,but that goes back to the personal responsibility thing.
I've pretty much disowned him.

Sometimes that is all you can do with the irresponsible.

And we don't ban things because a small percent can't handle it. We've already decided this by having casinos in Detroit.

Pot doesn't ruin your life. It enhances it. Lol. Like a really good cigarette. Pot just makes people lazy but hey we want to relax and enjoy ourselves

We need to replace IN GOD WE TRUST with LIGHT UP OR LEAVE ME ALONE!

This is not a Godly nation, we aren't fooling anyone anyway.

They are both bad and alcohol should be banned from the United State. There are untold numbers of people killed, injured and crimes committed under the influence of alcohol and drugs. It is destroying our country from within.

It was already tried, and failed miserably. The simple fact is unless you remove demand there will always be a supply, and that supply makes people rich.

Actually I know drunks who stopped being drunks by smoking a joint. But not everyone likes pot and I hate beer and become a huge asshole on scotch and red bull but its what I like so...lol.

Point is I'd be a drunk if not for pot. Lol

Forum List

Back