Colorado governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

We are very selective in what we punish people for and for how long, and a huge component of it is racial..............this is why conservatives want the pot laws to continue....

Since legalization of marijuana for medical or general use would increase marijuana use rather than reduce it and would lead to increased rates of addiction to marijuana among youth and adults, legalizing marijuana is not a smart public health or public safety strategy for any state or for our nation.

The same thing was said about alcohol.

But we ended alcohol prohibition because the harm of prohibition was more than the harm of legal alcohol use.

Alcohol is EVERY BIT as much of a mind altering drug as ANY DRUG that people go to prison for selling and using. It kills MORE people than ANY other mind altering addicting drug. THAT is a fact.
No, it's a fact that you're full of shit. Most people know at least some druggies and probably many functioning alcoholics. Sure you can drink until you die but you can die from drugs too. I've known people who fried their brains from drugs at a young age and never made it all the way back.

China had an experiment with letting people do what they wanted, thanks to British opium. They went from the number one economy in the world to a deficit. They outlawed it and the Brits had a temper tantrum and went to war and got it legalized again, at the Chinese expense.

Society can and should outlaw substances too harmful for public consumption, we don't need to learn the same lessons over and over like a hopeless junkie.

Why MUST you respond to my posts with such willful ignorance?

I never said that alcohol was EQUIVALENT to other drugs. BUT as drugs go it certainly does act much in the same as most recreational and addicting drugs. It alters perception, addictive etc. It kills in a variety of ways from OD to causing auto crashes or the killing of innocents by drunk auto operators.

A standard Manhattan Iced Tea is stronger and more inhibiting than 15 mg of Morphine Sulfate ER.

I take the Morphine for chronic pain and have for a couple of weeks having been weened off of methadone for over a year for the same chronic pain that will not be going away in my lifetime.

I don't partake in ANY recreational drug usage at this time..though in my youth tried most everything at least once.

Recently a friend bought me an Iced Tea and it was far more intoxicating than one of my pain med pills.

I think you just blow this shit straight out of your ass mostly aimed at posters you don't like regardless of the topic.

It makes you appear foolish or stupid...or both.
I reponded to whay you said, don't blame me if you can't back it up. You said alcohol is every bit a mind altering drug as what people go to jail for. I think you shoot your fat cyber mouth off without engaging your mind then get pissy when people call you on it. Ice Tea and pain meds? Wouldn't that depend on the medication and dose?

Alcohol is EVERY BIT as much of a mind altering drug as ANY DRUG that people go to prison for selling and using. It kills MORE people than ANY other mind altering addicting drug. THAT is a fact.
No, it's a fact that you're full of shit. Most people know at least some druggies and probably many functioning alcoholics. Sure you can drink until you die but you can die from drugs too. I've known people who fried their brains from drugs at a young age and never made it all the way back.

China had an experiment with letting people do what they wanted, thanks to British opium. They went from the number one economy in the world to a deficit. They outlawed it and the Brits had a temper tantrum and went to war and got it legalized again, at the Chinese expense.

Society can and should outlaw substances too harmful for public consumption, we don't need to learn the same lessons over and over like a hopeless junkie.

Why MUST you respond to my posts with such willful ignorance?

I never said that alcohol was EQUIVALENT to other drugs. BUT as drugs go it certainly does act much in the same as most recreational and addicting drugs. It alters perception, addictive etc. It kills in a variety of ways from OD to causing auto crashes or the killing of innocents by drunk auto operators.

A standard Manhattan Iced Tea is stronger and more inhibiting than 15 mg of Morphine Sulfate ER.

I take the Morphine for chronic pain and have for a couple of weeks having been weened off of methadone for over a year for the same chronic pain that will not be going away in my lifetime.

I don't partake in ANY recreational drug usage at this time..though in my youth tried most everything at least once.

Recently a friend bought me an Iced Tea and it was far more intoxicating than one of my pain med pills.

I think you just blow this shit straight out of your ass mostly aimed at posters you don't like regardless of the topic.

It makes you appear foolish or stupid...or both.
I reponded to whay you said, don't blame me if you can't back it up. You said alcohol is every bit a mind altering drug as what people go to jail for. I think you shoot your fat cyber mouth off without engaging your mind then get pissy when people call you on it. Ice Tea and pain meds? Wouldn't that depend on the medication and dose?

I stand on what I said. Alcohol is only different in how it affects the specific parts of the brain that control behavior. It relaxes the normal methods people use to not act out in anti social behavior. It allows people that have sociopathic thoughts to become violent and aggressive and oblivious to the safety of others. Hateful people frequently attack and commit assaults when drunk. Their whole family and those that come into contact with them suffer up to being killed by these drunks.

I have never heard of a "normal" person smoking some pot and that alone was the cause of violent attacks on others.

How many THOUSANDS of times have we all heard of where someone that isn't normally aggressive getting drunk and committing horrible crimes of violence?

If a person isn't experiencing serious chronic pain 15mg of Morphine will throw them for a loop. To someone that has serious chronic pain 15mg of Morphine barely registers any effect at all. A single Manhattan Iced Tea will get a 220 lb man like myself drunk if consumed within a few minutes. It contains 3-4 shots of hard liqueur.

I stand on what I said. Alcohol is only different in how it affects the specific parts of the brain that control behavior. It relaxes the normal methods people use to not act out in anti social behavior. It allows people that have sociopathic thoughts to become violent and aggressive and oblivious to the safety of others. Hateful people frequently attack and commit assaults when drunk. Their whole family and those that come into contact with them suffer up to being killed by these drunks.

I have never heard of a "normal" person smoking some pot and that alone was the cause of violent attacks on others.

How many THOUSANDS of times have we all heard of where someone that isn't normally aggressive getting drunk and committing horrible crimes of violence?

If a person isn't experiencing serious chronic pain 15mg of Morphine will throw them for a loop. To someone that has serious chronic pain 15mg of Morphine barely registers any effect at all. A single Manhattan Iced Tea will get a 220 lb man like myself drunk if consumed within a few minutes. It contains 3-4 shots of hard liqueur.
If a person is plastered with alcohol they are doing good to find the toilet. Meth heads are amped up and find all sorts of ways to fund their habit. Alcohol is widely available too so if you were correct we would be seeing far more problems and doctors would be prescribing Jim Beam.

Yeah and alcohol has hangover and post-hangover (my opinion). When I used to drink alcohol I felt panic and had bad thoughts in a whole week after alcoparty. I gave up drinking alcohol and have no panic at all now.

Forum List

Back