Collins: "Can Not Believe" Democrats Won't Pass Coronavirus Relief Bill; "Is This What We've Come To?"

I hate government stimulus programs but since millions of workers have had their paycheck suddenly taken away largely by government action, this one is warranted. The Democrats have showed once again that they care about power above all else. They are using this crisis to jam through the green new deal and the student loan bailout which will push the country to bankruptcy.

My dentist office called, the state has shut them down until May 18th. The appointment lady said everyone is being laid off today. Said she's never been laid off in her life. Meanwhile Pelosi is playing games.
I'd be ok opposing Muchkins slush fund and not letting corps use bailout money for stock buybacks to enrich a few big shareholders, as the gop did with their tax cut. But collective bargaining, solar power and airline EMISSIONS? jfc, I hope she goes home and is hit by an asteroid.
Bendog, I googled and read two articles on this just now and it didn't mention any of that stuff. Where did you get the info on solar power, collective bargaining, and airline emissions?

Dems want a bill that isnt full of RW special project funding -

Can you name the RW special projects or is this pure BS?
Munchkins slush fund and not limiting corps using money for stock buy backs are the two biggest.

You have nothing but fear mongering assumptions, name the specific "RW special projects". Like Pelosi's PORK for things that have nothing to do with the pandemic.

People need to contact their Congresspersons now and ask them to quit politicizing and get help for the working class that you are supposed by serving, not kick us in the teeth when your down.

Munchkins slush fund and not limiting corps using money for stock buy backs are the two biggest.
Nah, Nancy got her marching orders
All makes sense now. McConnell was right.

I hate government stimulus programs but since millions of workers have had their paycheck suddenly taken away largely by government action, this one is warranted. The Democrats have showed once again that they care about power above all else. They are using this crisis to jam through the green new deal and the student loan bailout which will push the country to bankruptcy.

Your entire society was running on debt, our "way of life" has consequences.

This move by the Dems shows that this whole situation is being overhyped, and she’s trying to use the people’s fear to push through bullshit she knows would never be agreed to. That is the reality of how serious this virus situation actually is.

If you can't unite right now, you never will !

Look around, america just ain't up to it.
Capitulate to the wacked libs.............No.........we aren't up to it.......not at all.

And they are trying to push BS well beyond the virus as always............Hidden EARMARKS OUT THE ASS.......

NORMAL...........they drooling over the money we have to borrow to spend......

She is one of the straighter shooters in Congress

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

they will be punished at the polls

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
Thats because its a corporate slush fund, rather than helping people in communities.
One only needs to look at their history of stock buy-backs to know what will be done with the money these corporations get.

Need to make sure taxpayer dollars actually go to those who need it.

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."

Susan Collins is being a Republican first. I assume she has no issue with big corporations using taxpayer dollars for stock buybacks and raising CEO pay.
Maybe partly, being a Republican; they believe healthy big corporations supply millions with jobs. But she's mostly thinking of Mainers right now, who weren't any too wealthy to begin with; over half the workers in the state are employed by small businesses and we have a lot of fishermen, don't forget, who are self employed and won't get unemployment. Senator Collins knows all this. She's pushing for us. Did you know she authored the 300 billion dollar relief package that was passed last week? She's a leader of the Small Business Task Force.

On Friday we had 56 cases of corona virus. Today, Monday, we have 107. If there is a bright spot, Governor Mills, in consultation with the health officials, does not feel a shelter in place order is necessary due to how spread out our low population is. But we're in the shit, no doubt about it.

You have nothing but fear mongering assumptions, name the specific "RW special projects". Like Pelosi's PORK for things that have nothing to do with the pandemic.
What? But the language drafted by Senate Republicans also allows Mnuchin to withhold the names of the companies that receive federal money and how much they get for up to six months if he so decides.

I would agree that the provisions the dems find lack any accountability can be fixed pretty easily. But the dems attempt to load this mother up with green energy and unions and shit having nothing to do with keeping businesses and pay check to paycheck folks afloat for 2 mos … is way more fundamental to how they view the economy and govt.

It's why the Trumpstettes could elect the Don Potus for life, and I'd never really become a dem.

Big League

Susan Collins is being a Republican first. I assume she has no issue with big corporations using taxpayer dollars for stock buybacks and raising CEO pay.

I agree. What good are checks going to do for anyone if they can't also put solar panels on the roof or payoff their entire student loan. No, we must resist the GOP bill.

Sustain the unemployed, yes.
Sustain small and medium sized enterprises, yes.
Sustain necessary services, yes.
Send out checks to stimulate purchases by people who can't go to stores that do not have the products that stimulate the economy, too soon.

Forum List

Back