Colin Powell Trashes Mitt Romney's Team Of Foreign Policy Advisers

Did you see him telling Sean Hannitty that we know Republicans were secretly meeting the very night of Obama's inauguration to plan on how to destroy him? After doing that, how could they blame divisiveness on Obama?

This was after Sean said Obama was the most divisive president in history.

Excellent points, those scumbags were trying to undermine Obama from day 1.

They knew he would be the disaster for our country that he has turned out to be. I am thankful that some professionals met to help slow down the overwhelming chain of mistakes that Obama has and is making. I have never seen the U.S. in such a mess as this one of Obama's creation. The amateur has to be stopped.

And here's where the GOP has gone over the edge.

Once upon a time, the fact that General Powell identified as a Republican was something to be proud of.

Today.... meh, he's "over-promoted". Yeah, they "overpromoted" him to 4 star general. And Secretary of State.

He's entitled to his opinion, doesn't mean we have to bow to him for it..

Bow? No.

Seriously consider? Absolutely.

Now, I frankly think it was the right thing to do to take out Saddam, but Powell was one of the guys who realized it was going to be a lot of trouble when Rummy and Feith and the rest of the NeoCons who never saw a day of combat said it was going to be a cakewalk.

If we had listened to the guys with the real military experience on Iraq, we'd have fought it effectively and decisively.

So when he tells me that Romney is surrounding himself with a lot of the same idiots ready to give a lot of the same bad advice they gave Bush, we ought to be concerned.

Because other than finding foreign places to send American jobs to, Romney really is out of his depth.

I don't know if Romney is out of his depth..But can he be worse than Obama?
We haven't even had a chance to see or hear much from Romney..So I'll wait and see

Colin Powell is a piece of shit progressive leftist, a Rino of the worst sort. The fact that he is bashing Romney should tell you something.

We haven't even had a chance to see or hear much from Romney..So I'll wait and see

1) Yes, he can be worse. On foreign policy, Obama's been pretty good. Killed Bin Laden, got us out of Iraq, got rid of Khadafy, got a lot of key agreements with the G8 on the world economy.

2) Romney has been running for president for six years now, and we still haven't heard or seen much from him? What does that tell you?

3) Given Romney's only relevent experience is one term of a governorship he doesn't want to talk much about, I would say he's definitely out of his depth.

Romney has hired a bunch of the Neocons that "the Predecessor" got rid of after his first term. General Powell is right to trash them. That's a scary bunch that Willard has hired.

1) Yes, he can be worse. On foreign policy, Obama's been pretty good. Killed Bin Laden, got us out of Iraq, got rid of Khadafy, got a lot of key agreements with the G8 on the world economy.
Obama would not have had the information to get seal team 6 to get Bin Laden had his policies been in place instead of Bushs.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLFGUGL7SY]Osama Bin Laden Killed By Bush & Cheney According to John Bolton - YouTube[/ame]
ALso, it was Bush's exit strategy that was used to exit Iraq, not Obamas.
Can you list any of the agreements form the G8 summit that does not remove more of American sovereignty?

2) Romney has been running for president for six years now, and we still haven't heard or seen much from him? What does that tell you?
We didn't hear shit of Obama up until he ran for election, and we still dont know any more about him than we did in 2007. College transcripts etc...... what does that tell us about Obama? He has shit to hide.

3) Given Romney's only relevent experience is one term of a governorship he doesn't want to talk much about, I would say he's definitely out of his depth.

And Obamas only experience when it comes to running shit was being a community organizer and associate of terrorists. At least Romney made his own money and actually ran something and has Job experience. Obama never worked a day in his life in the private sector.

Yeah, killed bin Laden, whoohoo,
got Gaddafi killed, got us out of Iraq and left those places in total disarray without a second thought about it...real expert on Foreign Policy

I don't really expect to see much change in US foreign policy regardless of who gets elected.

We're still going to support Israel, we're still going to pander to Saudi Arabia, we're still going to pretend that Cuba is a threat.

Obama would not have had the information to get seal team 6 to get Bin Laden had his policies been in place instead of Bushs.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLFGUGL7SY"]Osama Bin Laden Killed By Bush & Cheney According to John Bolton - YouTube[/ame]
Can you list any of the agreements form the G8 summit that does not remove more of American sovereignty?

We didn't hear shit of Obama up until he ran for election, and we still dont know any more about him than we did in 2007. College transcripts etc...... what does that tell us about Obama? He has shit to hide.

And Obamas only experience when it comes to running shit was being a community organizer and associate of terrorists. At least Romney made his own money and actually ran something and has Job experience. Obama never worked a day in his life in the private sector.

And stated that working in the private sector was like being behind enemy lines.

Osama Bin Laden Killed By Bush & Cheney According to John Bolton - YouTube

And stated that working in the private sector was like being behind enemy lines.

they don't care about any of that..then they and Obama couldn't CROW about how HE got Bin Laden..Or how the Iraq exit was already planned before Obama became President..none of them have any shame

Last edited:
Who gives a shit what he thinks? POwell is the most over-promoted public figure since Obama.
But he doesn't know who all of them are, but he questions them anyway? WTF?

And here's where the GOP has gone over the edge.

Once upon a time, the fact that General Powell identified as a Republican was something to be proud of.

Today.... meh, he's "over-promoted". Yeah, they "overpromoted" him to 4 star general. And Secretary of State.

Things change. After he declared support for Obama and criticised the Bush administration, after he fucked up royally as SecState, after a bunch of stuff he really can't be counted on as part of the GOP. What was Reagan's 11th Commandment?
Powell had a military eval report that would have gotten anyone else relieved of command.

Powell's advice to Romney: Cut out the hyperbole on foreign policy - YouTube

POWELL: I think he really needs to not just accept these cataclysmic sort of pronouncements. I think he really needs to think carefully about these statements because they’re now on the wall for people to see. … Let’s not go creating enemies where none yet exist. Does this mean that we should trust Putin or Medvedev? No. Let’s be mature people and look at the reality of the situation and not find ways to see if we can hyperbolize the situation.

POWELL: I think he really needs to not just accept these cataclysmic sort of pronouncements. I think he really needs to think carefully about these statements because they’re now on the wall for people to see. … Let’s not go creating enemies where none yet exist. Does this mean that we should trust Putin or Medvedev? No. Let’s be mature people and look at the reality of the situation and not find ways to see if we can hyperbolize the situation.

So Powell a Republican now your alls new hero?
too funny...he was a piece of shit according to you all when Bush was President..
so transparent

And so Powell does the same damn thing he's bashing Mitt for. And of course you missed that part.

So Powell a Republican now your alls new hero?
too funny...he was a piece of shit according to you all when Bush was President..
so transparent

What an infantile rebuttal. Where did I say he was my new hero? He made a coherent argument in this case, that Mr. Etch-a-Sketch is an idiot by trying to create enemies where none exist. Actually, my negative feeling about him go back to his screwing up in the investigation of the My Lai massacre. But I don't live in your brainwashed black and white world. A coherent and logical argument is just that.

Last edited:
Powell always has been a piece of shit. Even under Bush and Bush senior as a general in the gulf war. Had he not opened his cock holster in 1991 General Schwarzkopf would have led the whole coalition force all the way through the top of Iraq and been done with it and we wouldn't have had to go in there in 2003 to deal with it. Schwarzkopf wanted to push through Iraq then, but Powell being the useful idiot that he is said hell no.

Forum List

Back