Colin Powell Trashes Mitt Romney's Team Of Foreign Policy Advisers

Powell's advice to Romney: Cut out the hyperbole on foreign policy - YouTube

POWELL: I think he really needs to not just accept these cataclysmic sort of pronouncements. I think he really needs to think carefully about these statements because they’re now on the wall for people to see. … Let’s not go creating enemies where none yet exist. Does this mean that we should trust Putin or Medvedev? No. Let’s be mature people and look at the reality of the situation and not find ways to see if we can hyperbolize the situation.

And so Powell does the same damn thing he's bashing Mitt for. And of course you missed that part.

Bullshit. There's a quantum difference between Mr. Etch-a-Sketh's mindless, stupid, and dangerous saber rattling and what Powell said.

POWELL: I think he really needs to not just accept these cataclysmic sort of pronouncements. I think he really needs to think carefully about these statements because they’re now on the wall for people to see. … Let’s not go creating enemies where none yet exist. Does this mean that we should trust Putin or Medvedev? No. Let’s be mature people and look at the reality of the situation and not find ways to see if we can hyperbolize the situation.

So Powell a Republican now your alls new hero?
too funny...he was a piece of shit according to you all when Bush was President..
so transparent

What an infantile rebuttal. Where did I say he was my new hero? He made a coherent argument in this case, that Mr. Etch-a-Sketch is an idiot by trying to create enemies where none exist. Actually, my negative feeling about him go back to his screwing up in the investigation of the My Lai massacre. But I don't live in your brainwashed black and white world. A coherent and logical argument is just that.

Mr. etch-a Sketch..and you call me infantile...and you're right you don't live in a black and white world..you live in some la la land..

bye

So Powell a Republican now your alls new hero?
too funny...he was a piece of shit according to you all when Bush was President..
so transparent

What an infantile rebuttal. Where did I say he was my new hero? He made a coherent argument in this case, that Mr. Etch-a-Sketch is an idiot by trying to create enemies where none exist. Actually, my negative feeling about him go back to his screwing up in the investigation of the My Lai massacre. But I don't live in your brainwashed black and white world. A coherent and logical argument is just that.

Mr. etch-a Sketch..and you call me infantile...and you're right you don't live in a black and white world..you live in some la la land..

bye

Yawn....BTW, it was a Romney aide who said Romney was like an Etch-a-Sketch, moron.

Last edited by a moderator:
Powell always has been a piece of shit. Even under Bush and Bush senior as a general in the gulf war. Had he not opened his cock holster in 1991 General Schwarzkopf would have led the whole coalition force all the way through the top of Iraq and been done with it and we wouldn't have had to go in there in 2003 to deal with it. Schwarzkopf wanted to push through Iraq then, but Powell being the useful idiot that he is said hell no.

Baby Bush should have heeded his advice.......his Daddy sure did

And so Powell does the same damn thing he's bashing Mitt for. And of course you missed that part.

Bullshit. There's a quantum difference between Mr. Etch-a-Sketh's mindless, stupid, and dangerous saber rattling and what Powell said.

There is no difference. Insulting foreign heads of state is insulting them, period. Or is Powell creating a friend with that comment?

There is no difference. Insulting foreign heads of state is insulting them, period. Or is Powell creating a friend with that comment?

There's a major difference between saying that Russia is our major geopolitical threat and Powell's comment. Saying that Russia is our greatest enemy in the world today is a lie, it's stupid, and damages negotiations. Reagan actually had better words than Powell, where he said, "turst but verify", but only an idiot would see no major difference between Romney's statements and Powell's.

Besides, Romney is the one running for President, not Powell.

There's a major difference between saying that Russia is our major geopolitical threat and Powell's comment. Saying that Russia is our greatest enemy in the world today is a lie, it's stupid, and damages negotiations. Reagan actually had better words than Powell, where he said, "turst but verify", but only an idiot would see no major difference between Romney's statements and Powell's.

I'm just not seeing the problem. I'm also going to guess that both Mitt and Powell know far more about international affairs than you do

The George W. Bush Administration was set on going to war with Iraq even before Colin Powell made his infamous 2003 weapons of mass destruction pitch to the United Nations

Colin Powell knows that many of the people that bush II had on his cabinet are now with romney. He knows very well the inability and the lies perpetuated by the administration and its advisors.
Powell refers to the address to the U.N. as a "blot." It was during that address that he appealed to the international body to support the United States because the country--albeit, erroneously--believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, notes a Bloomberg report on the book.

Last edited:
Colin Powell is a sellout that will suck the dick of whoever is in power at the time. He sucked up to the Bush family but then turned on them when his support of the Iraq War made him unpopular among the cocktail party circuits of DC and NYC.

He is nothing but a back-stabbing piece of shit.

Did you see him telling Sean Hannitty that we know Republicans were secretly meeting the very night of Obama's inauguration to plan on how to destroy him? After doing that, how could they blame divisiveness on Obama?

This was after Sean said Obama was the most divisive president in history.

Excellent points, those scumbags were trying to undermine Obama from day 1.

Damn those people who don't THINK the same as Obama and the Republicans have the NERVE to listen to the people who voted for them...

They have and had every right to do it, I just think it's pretty disingenuous when their pundits act like they "gave Obama a chance", they are full of shit.

Of course! Why on earth would we want to stop Obama's policies from destroying the country. It's almost as if we care about what happens to our families and communities.
I'm not sorry I voted for Obama because the alternative was McCain. And while I am mainly disappointed in Obama's performance as President it's not because he's done a poor job but rather because he failed to do several very important things which his campaign rhetoric and posturing strongly suggested he would do, such as investigate and prosecute the Bush Administration and review the counterproductive drug war.

Aside from those and a few other failures he has been a significant improvement over Bush and I probably will hold my nose and vote for him again in November. Not because I think he'll be any better than he has been but because Romney is an aristocrat who would complete the task Reagan and Bush started -- which is destruction of the middle class. While I can't say Obama has done anything to significantly undo the damage done by Reagan and Bush he hasn't done anything to further the radical corporatist cause, which is some comfort while hoping for an aggressive and genuinely committed Progressive candidate in the near future.

Excellent points.

Did you see him telling Sean Hannitty that we know Republicans were secretly meeting the very night of Obama's inauguration to plan on how to destroy him? After doing that, how could they blame divisiveness on Obama?

This was after Sean said Obama was the most divisive president in history.

Excellent points, those scumbags were trying to undermine Obama from day 1.

They knew he would be the disaster for our country that he has turned out to be. I am thankful that some professionals met to help slow down the overwhelming chain of mistakes that Obama has and is making. I have never seen the U.S. in such a mess as this one of Obama's creation. The amateur has to be stopped.

He's no more of a "disaster" than the previous Administration the "professionals" carried the water for.

I'm just not seeing the problem. I'm also going to guess that both Mitt and Powell know far more about international affairs than you do

According to Powell, Mr. Etch-a-Sketch is pretty immature on his foreign policy stances.

Colin Powell is a sellout that will suck the dick of whoever is in power at the time. He sucked up to the Bush family but then turned on them when his support of the Iraq War made him unpopular among the cocktail party circuits of DC and NYC.

After being set up, like Bush set him up at his UN speech, I'd stab his back, front, and scrotum (figuratively). I would have blabbed every single thing I knew about Bush/Cheney, and every other pathetic neocon, I could.

Romney will be better than Obamination from day 1 because...

1) He will tell Putin to shove O's reset button up his ass, also the BMD of Europe stays.
2) He will tell Pakistan to get in line or face the music and we'll bomb your country when we feel like it.
3) He will tell North Korea no more goodies for you asswipes.
4) He will tell Europe to start taking more responsibility for their own defenses within NATO.
5) Assad needs to go in Syria either through us bombing his ass or us giving weapons to the rebels.
6) Iran will not have nukes, we will bomb their ass back to the stone age before they get nukes.
7) LH is going to be squeezed to death with Iran and Syria no longer a threat.
8) Israel is our long-standing Middle East ally and we will destroy anyone that messes with them.
9) China stay in your lane, quit stealing from us via cyber attacks or face your entire nation going lights out.
10) Japan build up your Navy to counter China, we can't defend everyone everywhere anymore.

Yeah DickSucker.....Colin Powell was forced by Cheney and Bush to make that speech. :cuckoo: Powell has shown he can't speak his own mind, eh?

After being set up, like Bush set him up at his UN speech, I'd stab his back, front, and scrotum (figuratively). I would have blabbed every single thing I knew about Bush/Cheney, and every other pathetic neocon, I could.

“Yes, a blot, a failure will always be attached to me and my UN presentation,” the former U.S. secretary of state writes in a new book of leadership parables that draws frequently on his Iraq war experience. “I am mad mostly at myself for not having smelled the problem. My instincts failed me.”
Powell, 75, laments that no intelligence officials had the “courage” to warn that he was given false information that Iraq had such weapons during preparations for his February 2003 speech before the U.S. invasion the following month.

Daily Kos: Colin Powell is so sad he can't erase 'blot' on his reputation

“Yes, a blot, a failure will always be attached to me and my UN presentation,” the former U.S. secretary of state writes in a new book of leadership parables that draws frequently on his Iraq war experience. “I am mad mostly at myself for not having smelled the problem. My instincts failed me.”
Powell, 75, laments that no intelligence officials had the “courage” to warn that he was given false information that Iraq had such weapons during preparations for his February 2003 speech before the U.S. invasion the following month.

Colin-Powell-so-so-sad-he-can-t-erase-blot-on-his-reputation[/B]-]Daily Kos: Colin Powell is so sad he can't erase 'blot' on his reputation

yet here you people are championing his opinion on Romney..
and this is the kind of stuff you would expect from the dailykos folks.....Powell-so-so-sad-he-can-t-erase-blot-on-his-reputation...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back