Colin Powell Trashes Mitt Romney's Team Of Foreign Policy Advisers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNwXbpZRq8k]Romney Praising Cheney as Model for Veep - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting I remember the days when Powell was the Devil according to the left...NOW he's a darling...:eusa_whistle:

yep, but he supported Obama, so now he is acceptable

MT_Toscana_Rec_Tissue.jpg

Did you see him telling Sean Hannitty that we know Republicans were secretly meeting the very night of Obama's inauguration to plan on how to destroy him? After doing that, how could they blame divisiveness on Obama?

This was after Sean said Obama was the most divisive president in history.

Excellent points, those scumbags were trying to undermine Obama from day 1.

Did you see him telling Sean Hannitty that we know Republicans were secretly meeting the very night of Obama's inauguration to plan on how to destroy him? After doing that, how could they blame divisiveness on Obama?

Damn those people who don't THINK the same as Obama and the Republicans have the NERVE to listen to the people who voted for them...

Damn those people who don't THINK the same as Obama and the Republicans have the NERVE to listen to the people who voted for them...

Of course! Why on earth would we want to stop Obama's policies from destroying the country. It's almost as if we care about what happens to our families and communities.

Of course! Why on earth would we want to stop Obama's policies from destroying the country. It's almost as if we care about what happens to our families and communities.
I'm not sorry I voted for Obama because the alternative was McCain. And while I am mainly disappointed in Obama's performance as President it's not because he's done a poor job but rather because he failed to do several very important things which his campaign rhetoric and posturing strongly suggested he would do, such as investigate and prosecute the Bush Administration and review the counterproductive drug war.

Aside from those and a few other failures he has been a significant improvement over Bush and I probably will hold my nose and vote for him again in November. Not because I think he'll be any better than he has been but because Romney is an aristocrat who would complete the task Reagan and Bush started -- which is destruction of the middle class. While I can't say Obama has done anything to significantly undo the damage done by Reagan and Bush he hasn't done anything to further the radical corporatist cause, which is some comfort while hoping for an aggressive and genuinely committed Progressive candidate in the near future.

WASHINGTON -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Wednesday questioned Mitt Romney's choice in foreign policy advisers, saying that some are so right-wing that the advice they give deserves "second thought."

"I don't know who all of his advisers are, but I've seen some of the names and some of them are quite far to the right. And sometimes they might be in a position to make judgments or recommendations to the candidate that should get a second thought," Powell said during an appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

He gave the example of Romney recently saying that Russia is the "number one geopolitical foe" to the United States.

"Come on Mitt, think," Powell said. "That isn't the case."

Romney's team of about 40 foreign policy advisers includes many who hail from the neoconservative wing of the party, according to a May analysis conducted by the The Nation. Many were enthusiastic supporters of the Iraq War, and many are proponents of a U.S. or Israeli attack on Iran.

Who gives a shit what he thinks? POwell is the most over-promoted public figure since Obama.
But he doesn't know who all of them are, but he questions them anyway? WTF?

WASHINGTON -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Wednesday questioned Mitt Romney's choice in foreign policy advisers, saying that some are so right-wing that the advice they give deserves "second thought."

"I don't know who all of his advisers are, but I've seen some of the names and some of them are quite far to the right. And sometimes they might be in a position to make judgments or recommendations to the candidate that should get a second thought," Powell said during an appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

He gave the example of Romney recently saying that Russia is the "number one geopolitical foe" to the United States.

"Come on Mitt, think," Powell said. "That isn't the case."

Romney's team of about 40 foreign policy advisers includes many who hail from the neoconservative wing of the party, according to a May analysis conducted by the The Nation. Many were enthusiastic supporters of the Iraq War, and many are proponents of a U.S. or Israeli attack on Iran.

Just another RINO actually talking a bit of sense.

Come on, JakeStarkey, I want to hear again how Romney is going to purge the NeoCons from the party.

Who gives a shit what he thinks? POwell is the most over-promoted public figure since Obama.

And here's where the GOP has gone over the edge.

Once upon a time, the fact that General Powell identified as a Republican was something to be proud of.

Today.... meh, he's "over-promoted". Yeah, they "overpromoted" him to 4 star general. And Secretary of State.

Once upon a time, the fact that General Powell identified as a Republican was something to be proud of.

Today.... meh, he's "over-promoted". Yeah, they "overpromoted" him to 4 star general. And Secretary of State.

He's entitled to his opinion, doesn't mean we have to bow to him for it..

He's entitled to his opinion, doesn't mean we have to bow to him for it..

Bow? No.

Seriously consider? Absolutely.

Now, I frankly think it was the right thing to do to take out Saddam, but Powell was one of the guys who realized it was going to be a lot of trouble when Rummy and Feith and the rest of the NeoCons who never saw a day of combat said it was going to be a cakewalk.

If we had listened to the guys with the real military experience on Iraq, we'd have fought it effectively and decisively.

So when he tells me that Romney is surrounding himself with a lot of the same idiots ready to give a lot of the same bad advice they gave Bush, we ought to be concerned.

Because other than finding foreign places to send American jobs to, Romney really is out of his depth.

Forum List

Back