Colin Kaepernick sentenced to NFL limbo. HAHAHAHA

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Hey colin. Nobody likes a hypocrite like you who rants about OPPRESSION while making $12 million a year.

Colin Kaepernick Sentenced to NFL Limbo for the Crime of Speaking His Mind

march 17 2017 It's more than a week into free agency and Colin Kaepernick is still unemployed. Remember, this is a quarterback who played in the Super Bowl only four years ago, yet now it appears he can't get a look from teams. So I set out to discover, once and for all, what teams think of the 29-year-old former Niner.

"He can still play at a high level," one AFC general manager said. "The problem is three things are happening with him.

"First, some teams genuinely believe that he can't play. They think he's shot. I'd put that number around 20 percent.

"Second, some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests or [President Donald] Trump will tweet about the team. I'd say that number is around 10 percent. Then there's another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings.

"Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can't stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him. They won't move on. They think showing no interest is a form of punishment. I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did."

When I spoke to a handful of executives at the combine a few weeks ago, one even called him "an embarrassment to football."

For the moment, the interest in Kaepernick is slim, and that's putting it kindly.

Hey colin. Nobody likes a hypocrite like you who rants about OPPRESSION while making $12 million a year.

march 17 2017 It's more than a week into free agency and Colin Kaepernick is still unemployed. Remember, this is a quarterback who played in the Super Bowl only four years ago, yet now it appears he can't get a look from teams. So I set out to discover, once and for all, what teams think of the 29-year-old former Niner.

"He can still play at a high level," one AFC general manager said. "The problem is three things are happening with him.

"First, some teams genuinely believe that he can't play. They think he's shot. I'd put that number around 20 percent.

"Second, some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests or [President Donald] Trump will tweet about the team. I'd say that number is around 10 percent. Then there's another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings.

"Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can't stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him. They won't move on. They think showing no interest is a form of punishment. I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did."

When I spoke to a handful of executives at the combine a few weeks ago, one even called him "an embarrassment to football."

For the moment, the interest in Kaepernick is slim, and that's putting it kindly.

I cannot celebrate a man being denied his pursuits in life if he is the best person for the job. I never liked Colin, despised his politics and his disrespect to America and the flag, but if he can compete and is better than competition, he should be given a shot, within reason. On the flip side, it is a business, and if he is so well hated and impacting the bottom line simply because of his own outlandish actions, well, he should realize that this was the risk he took. Owners aren't going to sign him if it will impact their advertisers and fan base.

To me this is easily solvable and the league should have stepped in and put an end to it early and often to have avoided this situation, but I digress. Whoever signs him has to insist on a strongly worded, legally binding contact that punishes him with a full games pay if he kneels, and, if he kneels for the anthem gives the team the option of opting out of the contract for a minimal fee if they so choose. If he wants to kneel and is so committed to it, go for it, but know you are playing that game for free. This is the only way I can see a team taking a chance on him, he simply isn't dominant enough to have so many suitors otherwise (some repenting and admitting of fault would go a long way also if he were so inclined and wise).

Now if one really wants to see a guy getting royally screwed, check out how Barry Bonds was not signed after strong, though injury prone year in 2007, even at his age...he was doing what others were doing with pharmaceuticals but was so unliked and by most accounts a complete A-hole that noone would sign him in 2007, and of course, there was the whole drug issue which he was becoming the poster boy for, though he was FAR from alone. He had 28 HR's in 126 games with an astonishing 132 walks and a still very high OBP of .480, but had no interest in him.

He wanted to play and could have fit in with many teams, even if he only played 120 games he would be a high performer. He was the career HR leader, but the league desperately wanted him and his controversy to disappear, and he did.

Kaepenick went about his stance the wrong way, absolutely the wrong way, in a manner that people cannot get behind nor respect. Throughout the season I was on him everyday and didn't watch an entire game until the Super Bowl because of him and a few other clowns.

• Banned

Now if one really wants to see a guy getting royally screwed, check out how Barry Bonds was not signed after strong, though injury prone year in 2007, even at his age...he was doing what others were doing with pharmaceuticals but was so unliked and by most accounts a complete A-hole that noone would sign him in 2007, and of course, there was the whole drug issue which he was becoming the poster boy for, though he was FAR from alone. He had 28 HR's in 126 games with an astonishing 132 walks and a still very high OBP of .480, but had no interest in him.

He wanted to play and could have fit in with many teams, even if he only played 120 games he would be a high performer. He was the career HR leader, but the league desperately wanted him and his controversy to disappear, and he did.

You're right about bonds. He was still a very good player his final season but no one would hire him. Maybe the best final season any player ever had excepting unfair cases like koufax and clemente.

A somewhat similar thing happened 30 years ago with dave kingman. He too was let go while still pretty good.

If you chase away the fans you are out of a job.

Dear Colin,

Football teams/organizations make money from the fans. The fans by tickets, memorabilia, and NFL gear. Without the fans, Colin, the organization doesn't make money. Now the catch....the fans don't like you, Colin. Understand where this is going? You are history, you are a disrespectful washed up has been.

Say good bye.

I cannot celebrate a man being denied his pursuits in life if he is the best person for the job. I never liked Colin, despised his politics and his disrespect to America and the flag, but if he can compete and is better than competition, he should be given a shot, within reason. On the flip side, it is a business, and if he is so well hated and impacting the bottom line simply because of his own outlandish actions, well, he should realize that this was the risk he took. Owners aren't going to sign him if it will impact their advertisers and fan base.

To me this is easily solvable and the league should have stepped in and put an end to it early and often to have avoided this situation, but I digress. Whoever signs him has to insist on a strongly worded, legally binding contact that punishes him with a full games pay if he kneels, and, if he kneels for the anthem gives the team the option of opting out of the contract for a minimal fee if they so choose. If he wants to kneel and is so committed to it, go for it, but know you are playing that game for free. This is the only way I can see a team taking a chance on him, he simply isn't dominant enough to have so many suitors otherwise (some repenting and admitting of fault would go a long way also if he were so inclined and wise).

Kaepenick went about his stance the wrong way, absolutely the wrong way, in a manner that people cannot get behind nor respect. Throughout the season I was on him everyday and didn't watch an entire game until the Super Bowl because of him and a few other clowns.
Free speech can have consequences he's lucky he lives in the "oppressive" US. You don't have the freedoms here that you do in other countries.

Oh, yeah, you love your black people to just entertainment you like monkeys, and you don't want them to have a brain and think huh?

I'd buy him on the cheap with the contractual stipulation that he can't make any political statements while representing the team or the league.
Then I'd load the backfield with running QBs who pose a run and pass threat on every play and I'd employ a triple option/single wing hybrid offense. Call it the Single Wingbone.

Karma...in all it's glorious splendor

And not just for him, also for the pro leagues themselves; the TV money is going to go way down, as will ticket sales. Millenials and deviants aren't into pro sports, so who knows what their marketing tards are thinking by supporting and backing stupid bigots like this guy.

It's not about sports, it's show business, and people of his ilk blacklist people all the time, so screw him and his fans; he's getting what he and his peer group dish out if nobody hires him.

It's not about sports, it's show business, and people of his ilk blacklist people all the time, so screw him and his fans; he's getting what he and his peer group dish out if nobody hires him.

The NFL needs to clean up their act, that Michael Sam thing was a comedy of errors and now this. Just play the game and stop trying to politicize it and make it all inclusive. Freaking leftists ruin everything

The NFL needs to clean up their act, that Michael Sam thing was a comedy of errors and now this. Just play the game and stop trying to politicize it and make it all inclusive. Freaking leftists ruin everything

I quit following pro football and baseball in the early 1990's, and haven't missed it. I watch more international soccer and local high school sports these days, and little of that. Found other stuff to keep me busy.

I quit following pro football and baseball in the early 1990's, and haven't missed it. I watch more international soccer and local high school sports these days, and little of that. Found other stuff to keep me busy.

My husband watches the NFL and lots of golf and we both follow NCAA basketball, I have no use for baseball or the NFL

I read the other day ESPN is bleeding subscribers and they attribute it to left leanings and the politics, IDK whether that's the reason because I pay little attention to ESPN either

Forum List

Back