Coleslaw

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I have an old recipe for Pizza Hut coleslaw from 30 years ago. I used to love it back in the day

Its basically 10 parts cabbage to 1 part onion and 1 part carrot.

Thats the important bit.

You also add in some vinegar and sugar and mayo. There are quantities for that but if you are making it at home then you can just dump in mayo to taste and add the rest to taste as it is mixing.

The key is dont stint on the mayo. Get something nice.

Im planning on making a batch . Has anyone got any variations on that basic recipe ?

I have an old recipe for Pizza Hut coleslaw from 30 years ago. I used to love it back in the day

Thats the important bit.

You also add in some vinegar and sugar and mayo. There are quantities for that but if you are making it at home then you can just dump in mayo to taste and add the rest to taste as it is mixing.

Im planning on making a batch . Has anyone got any variations on that basic recipe ?
Not a fan of it. Never have been. Also, quit appropriating our culture. You stick to your bland English foods.

Thats the important bit.

I'm partial to some raisins--- have used tomatoes as well..different...but good.
Also...thinly sliced Granny Smith apples impart both a nice crunch and a nice contrast to the sweetness of the sugar.

Always use apple cider vinegar and never use purple cabbage..turns the whole mess purple~

Oddly, just days ago I made something similar but it was more of an Asian kraut than a slaw! LoL! Very thinly sliced purple cabbage with onions, rice vinegar, tiny bit of molasses and ginger...sauteed slowly in my electric skillet

I'm partial to some raisins--- have used tomatoes as well..different...but good.
Also...thinly sliced Granny Smith apples impart both a nice crunch and a nice contrast to the sweetness of the sugar.

Always use apple cider vinegar and never use purple cabbage..turns the whole mess purple~
Some folk prefer the red cabbage and the pink look. Not so keen myself.Ive used white wine vinegar in the past but I think you should use whatever is in the cupboard.

Thats the important bit.

I thought you were talking about the mental ability of our President.

Thats the important bit.

I've never liked cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts etc... Yuck. They are just gross. And they stink. I won't even allow that stuff in my home. Just the smell of them is awful. They smell like a combination of a nasty fart and rotten eggs.

Thats the important bit.

add bacon

sounds good, or maybe some dried cranberries as well

Thats the important bit.

My recipe is very similar except I also put in crushed garlic and a touch of tomato sauce . Just mayo can become too overpowering and "samey", imo

Like sauerkraut or pickles, I’ll never understand how people eat something that smells so vile.

Forum List

Back