Coldest day ever

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The coldest day ever! Temperature records broken across the country by the 'Siberian Express' cold snap as Manhattan hits 1F
  • In New York City, the temperature was 1F Friday morning, beating the record low from 1950, and snow is expected in the city over the weekend
  • Cold weather expected to last through Friday, with sub-zero temperatures forecast in parts of Northeast
  • On Thursday Embarrass, Minnesota reported a temperature of -41F - without the wind-chill factor
  • Some place, such as
  • The temperature in Boston is below freezing, as the city is set to break the record of 16 days below 32F set in 1961
  • In Florida, strawberry and orange crops have frozen over because of the harsh winter weather

The coldest day ever! Temperature records broken across the country by the 'Siberian Express' cold snap as Manhattan hits 1F
  • In New York City, the temperature was 1F Friday morning, beating the record low from 1950, and snow is expected in the city over the weekend
  • Cold weather expected to last through Friday, with sub-zero temperatures forecast in parts of Northeast
  • On Thursday Embarrass, Minnesota reported a temperature of -41F - without the wind-chill factor
  • Some place, such as
  • The temperature in Boston is below freezing, as the city is set to break the record of 16 days below 32F set in 1961
  • In Florida, strawberry and orange crops have frozen over because of the harsh winter weather

The air mass known as the Siberian Express traces a line all the way back to the Russian territory, crossing over the North Pole on its way to Canada and into the U.S.

Six inches of snow is expected in Maine and New Hampshire by Friday. Three inches of snow was also forecast for the Midwest, Tennessee Valley and in the southern Appalachians.

Sub-zero temperatures are expected to wipe the region from Ohio to West Virginia and up into the Mid-Atlantic.

Michigan, Indiana, southern Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia and far western Virginia are forecasting morning lows of minus 20 degrees.

Read more: Siberian Express arctic blast kills at least seven across Eastern U.S. as the record-low deadly freeze sets in Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Get used to it folks cuz this is our new reality.

Considering that we are at a global high stand systems tract of sea level, and in an inter-glacial period of relatively warm climate ...we have not even begun to see the shit that is going to hit the fan.

Doyle Rice, USA TODAY3:09 p.m. EST February 19, 2015
635599529925439137-201501-3.png

January second-warmest on record globally

I guess you did at that.

Yep. Wider and wilder swings with an overall warming. Enjoy it, it is the new reality.
The geologic record tells us we are going to all freeze to death. Hopefully not in our life time, but we are living in a high stand sea level systems tract. A million years from now, the only evidence of human habitation of the planet is going to be a few budweiser bottle caps in a condensed zone in the Gulf of Mexico.

and if the pattern keeps up, most of the USA will be frozen over next winter, leaving only Florida as the escape. Hmm, maybe I can get top dollar for my home?

and if the pattern keeps up, most of the USA will be frozen over next winter, leaving only Florida as the escape. Hmm, maybe I can get top dollar for my home?

All it takes is one inch of snow that makes it through the summer without melting. The next summer, there are two inches, and the summer after that...

Next thing you know, Chicago is underneath a mile of ice.

All it takes is one inch of snow that makes it through the summer without melting. The next summer, there are two inches, and the summer after that...

Erm, it is a bit more complex than that.

Let's don't confuse the issue. People might get worried that we are all going to boil to death next year. They will go out and buy string bikinis instead of snow parkas. Think of it from a risk management perspective. A person can always peel off the parka and get naked if it gets too hot, but people can't grow mammoth hair over night.

• Some place, such as

• Some place, such as

The air mass known as the Siberian Express traces a line all the way back to the Russian territory, crossing over the North Pole on its way to Canada and into the U.S.

Six inches of snow is expected in Maine and New Hampshire by Friday. Three inches of snow was also forecast for the Midwest, Tennessee Valley and in the southern Appalachians.

Sub-zero temperatures are expected to wipe the region from Ohio to West Virginia and up into the Mid-Atlantic.

Michigan, Indiana, southern Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia and far western Virginia are forecasting morning lows of minus 20 degrees.

Read more: Siberian Express arctic blast kills at least seven across Eastern U.S. as the record-low deadly freeze sets in Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Get used to it folks cuz this is our new reality.
That friggin AGW screwed us again!

Let's don't confuse the issue. People might get worried that we are all going to boil to death next year. They will go out and buy string bikinis instead of snow parkas. Think of it from a risk management perspective. A person can always peel off the parka and get naked if it gets too hot, but people can't grow mammoth hair over night.

If people get that impression it is because they don't understand what the science is telling them, and that is usually because they either haven't taken the time to find out more about it, and/or they are piss poor at science.

If people get that impression it is because they don't understand what the science is telling them, and that is usually because they either haven't taken the time to find out more about it, and/or they are piss poor at science.

Or, the scientists are either too lazy or too pompous to take the time to explain it in understandable terms.

Forum List

Back