• Other

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I drank Folgers for years but recently switched to Maxwell House and find I enjoy it at home. Outside? Don't know where they get them, but are a couple of restaurants here in Vegas that serve pretty decent coffee. Starbuck's? Sorry – too expensive and not all that great. There was once a gourmet coffee shop here that had its own coffee kiln and had some truly awesome custom mixes. Really miss it. :eusa_whistle:

Maxwell House, very light. I hate Starbucks, it's so strong and bitter.

Sadly my coffee roaster has gone out of business and we will have to find something else...

In my opinion starbucks over roasts their coffee and burns it...... i dont like it at all.

Which restaurants in vegas? ....Ask the restaurant who's coffee they are serving....they will tell you.

I prefer French Roast and for home I usually buy Eight o'Clock coffee. I recently bought a coffee grinder and am trying different kinds/brands of coffee. They don't have a 'beans' variety of the French roast from Eight o'Clock or any brand at Giant. :(

Giant's house brand Simply Enjoy has a morning blend. I don't like it at all. Nor do I like Target's Archer Farm brand called Kona blend.

Starbucks is over-rated and over-priced, imo. If I get coffee out (rarely) I'll get a cup from Wawa or Giant. Better coffee, better price. No I don't drink those fancy coffee drinks either.

The tastiest coffee is usually from a nicer restaurant ... or my bil's house. :D

I drank Folgers for years but recently switched to Maxwell House and find I enjoy it at home. Outside? Don't know where they get them, but are a couple of restaurants here in Vegas that serve pretty decent coffee. Starbuck's? Sorry – too expensive and not all that great. There was once a gourmet coffee shop here that had its own coffee kiln and had some truly awesome custom mixes. Really miss it. :eusa_whistle:

I drink coffee black (a lot, lol, like 6 cups/day) and generally will enjoy anything whole bean or freshly ground. I don't think the brand matters as much as how fresh the coffee is. But agree, it can be expensive.

Luckily where I work we get free, fresh coffee and as much of it as we want :)

I only drink espresso coffee. Have two cups in the morning with breakfast. I drink it black most times.

On Saturdays (when I don't have work or Church), I add a touch of Sambuca. Great way to read my morning paper while having breakfast.

Gevalia Traditional Roast - has a smooth and silky feel. Loathe Starbucks - horrible stuff and don't drink coffee at any fast food either. Guess I just don't like highly acidic and extra strong coffee that tastes like it's been sitting on the burner for at least that last 24 hours.

If I run out of Gevalia and have to use something else till my shipment arrives I generally use two coffee filters to get rid of the acidity.

I've never had any Starbuck's products that were worth a damn. Too expensive and they all taste like crap.

My bean of choice is Peerless Coffee's Adam's Organic Rocket Expresso...whole bean.

I handcraft my morning cappuccinos by first fresh grinding the bean, and use my La Pavoni Professional to make the espresso in a traditional brown ACF 280ml cup. Then I steam 1% Organic Milk, and let it set for a moment for the foam to "set". After that, I add the milk and stop it off with the foam.

Delish!

Last edited:
Who voted for Starbucks? Ugh.

My favorite is my own roast with Sweet Maria's green espresso blend. I have a Behmor roaster and go for about a medium to full city roast (short of French). I grind with a Mazzer Mini and extract with a Vibiemme Domobar Jr. I make sort of an Americano by adding water and half 'n half.

My bean of choice is Peerless Coffee's Adam's Organic Rocket Expresso...whole bean.

I handcraft my morning cappuccinos by first fresh grinding the bean, and use my La Pavoni Professional to make the espresso in a traditional brown ACF 280ml cup. Then I steam 1% Organic Milk, and let it set for a moment for the foam to "set". After that, I add the milk and stop it off with the foam.

Delish!
Snob!

Forum List

Back