Coca-Cola will not ditch plastic bottles since consumers still want them, amid environmental concern

With glass there would be a lot more injuries. And clean up.

Coke used to come in recycled glass bottles and no one made a big deal about it.

Coke used to come in recycled glass bottles and no one made a big deal about it.
That was before soda became a household word, many kids regularly drink them now, too, etc.
Soft Drink Consumption: The Frightening Statistics and Associated Health Risks!
According to the National Soft Drink Association (NSDA), consumption of soft drinks is now over 600 12-ounce servings (12 oz.) per person per year. Since the late 1970`s the soft drink consumption in the United States has doubled for females and tripled for males. The highest consumption is in the males between the ages of 12 - 29; they average 1/2 gallon a day or 160 gallons a year.

That was before soda became a household word, many kids regularly drink them now, too, etc.
According to the National Soft Drink Association (NSDA), consumption of soft drinks is now over 600 12-ounce servings (12 oz.) per person per year. Since the late 1970`s the soft drink consumption in the United States has doubled for females and tripled for males. The highest consumption is in the males between the ages of 12 - 29; they average 1/2 gallon a day or 160 gallons a year.
Why is that frightening?

I do not find it frightening.

I drink Coke every day and somehow I've stayed alive.

Why is that frightening?

I didn’t even notice the title. I was just looking up how consumption has increased.

You haven't had a soft drink until you taste again Cole in a glass bottle----- ----- if you can find it. But they want an outrageous price. They want as much for a little glass bottle as a 2-liter plastic! THAT SAID,
  1. I thought plastic was recyclable!
  2. I'm totally good with glass containers, actually prefer them. 100% recyclable, just a lot heavier, inconvenient and breakable.
  3. I prefer Pepsi over Coke now ever since 'Coke II.'

Why is that frightening?

It is really bad for your teeth and very fattening though. I used to drink soda all the time, but nowadays, I prefer water, iced coffee, or apple cider.

You haven't had a soft drink until you taste again Cole in a glass bottle----- ----- if you can find it. But they want an outrageous price. They want as much for a little glass bottle as a 2-liter plastic! THAT SAID,
  1. I thought plastic was recyclable!
  2. I'm totally good with glass containers, actually prefer them. 100% recyclable, just a lot heavier, inconvenient and breakable.
  3. I prefer Pepsi over Coke now ever since 'Coke II.'

It is recyclable, but you have to recycle it. A lot of people don't recycle and throw them in the garbage.

I like glass containers because they keep the beverage colder.

Ha! When I drank soda, Pepsi was my favorite too. :D

I prefer coke in a glass bottle and to buy a Mexican Coke is actually cheaper than buying a plastic bottle coke...
Well it's in Mexico...they make $5/year.

They make more than that... it is at least ten a year and remember Trump was going to tariff this stuff and still cheap to buy Mexican Coke that taste like real Coke...

I prefer coke in a glass bottle and to buy a Mexican Coke is actually cheaper than buying a plastic bottle coke...

They make more than that... it is at least ten a year and remember Trump was going to tariff this stuff and still cheap to buy Mexican Coke that taste like real Coke...
You know those beaners piss in the vats right? That's why you don't drink Mexican beer either...Jorge and boys piss in it.

You know those beaners piss in the vats right? That's why you don't drink Mexican beer either...Jorge and boys piss in it.

So do the blacks here in America, so does it matter I drink Jesus piss or Jerome piss in my coke?

And do not even get me started about Asians and Coke...

Actually Mexican coke is like the old coke and not the crap they sell here... Maybe Pedro piss flavor it better?

Forum List

Back