CO2 is used to keep things COLD

CO2 is greenhouse gas, it might be used as a refrigerant, too. Weird thing about refrigerators, you need heat in a refrigerator, (I know, got burned on a heating element in the freezer whilst unplugging a clogged drain tube thingy)...REALLY!

Ok Boss. This is the point where you have nothing else to add to support your silly claims, and realize you are just embarrassing yourself, so you are supposed to mumble something about summarily noting something or the other, and run away.

What silly claims did I make? What other support do I need? The question is about global warming and I presented the average temperatures since 1979. You've not show where my data is in error or incorrect. The people being embarassed are those who continue to cling to this debunked myth of man-made global climate change. As more and more data is compiled we find this is simply not a phenomenon which is happening.

Now let me just add this... I am an environmentalist. I love the environment and think we should be proactive in doing things to clean up the environment. I don't want corporations dumping mercury and other toxins into our rivers and estuaries. I think we should shut that down completely. In 1993, I led a petition drive on behalf of Friends of the Chattahoochee to stop Atlanta from dumping raw sewage in the river, so I am also an activist.

From MY perspective, what you Warmer Nuts are doing is single-handedly destroying the environmental movement in America. It's sad for me to watch people immerse themselves in their own ignorance this way. And it all seems to be politically-centered, not really a matter of what the facts are.
notice how he has nothing to contribute? No names of the 97%? Where are the names, let's look them all up and see how they believe today. Naw, they never have anything of value to add. Just insulting little children. and, while we're at it, ask him for that experiment that demonstrates that 120PPM of CO2 affects temperatures? He ain't got one. Ask him,

So you want me to look up the names of 97% of all climate scientists? You are crazy, aren't you?

Again, Bulldog... These so-called "experts" are all getting a nice big fat paycheck from Uncle Sam to study global warming. They are not compelled to wreck their own gravy train.

As I have pointed out to you, there are a lot of scientists who absolutely disagree with this AGW nonsense. It is nowhere near a consensus among all scientists, or even all climatologists. But the real point is, it doesn't matter when we have the actual raw data which shows there is no warming happening.

Of course there is a consensus among climate scientists, even if Hannity told you there wasn't.
Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Consensus
Again, I ask for some proof that the 97% of climate scientists who believe in man made global warming are all, or even mostly charlatans.
Sadly, I must admit ignorance of all the knowledge needed to be a climate scientist, so I must believe their majority opinion, but if you are smarter than them, then good for you, and I wish you luck in convincing your peers, but as a layman, only an idiot would pretend to know more than them.

First of all, 97% is not a consensus. Second, you are counting among that 97%, those who simply say the global temps are getting warmer but have not said it's being caused by man. Our planet gets warmer and cooler in cycles and has been doing this for billions of years. I've never denied this, nor has anyone else that I am aware of.

It doesn't take "being smarter" than anyone else, all it takes is looking at a graph which shows us the average global temperatures since 1979 and comprehending how to read a graph.

Again, I wish you luck in your endeavors, but only an idiot would go against the agreement of almost every expert in the field without some extraordinary knowledge, and I just don't see your little chart as extraordinary. Of course, if you could show some evidence on that silly charlatan claim, I'm sure many would be happy to reconsider.
so why isn't a 100%. Why are there climate scientist that don't agree. BTW, do you have the list of questions that were used to get the so called consensus? I didn't think so. 75 out 77 scientists. that's all, bubba!!!!!

You won't get 100% agreement that we went to the moon. There will always be a few who just don't see it. Even with your small count of 75%, which is laughable, if you had 3/4 of the doctors in the country telling you that you had cancer but only 1/4 said you didn't, would you just not worry about it?
why is that?

Ok Boss. This is the point where you have nothing else to add to support your silly claims, and realize you are just embarrassing yourself, so you are supposed to mumble something about summarily noting something or the other, and run away.

What silly claims did I make? What other support do I need? The question is about global warming and I presented the average temperatures since 1979. You've not show where my data is in error or incorrect. The people being embarassed are those who continue to cling to this debunked myth of man-made global climate change. As more and more data is compiled we find this is simply not a phenomenon which is happening.

Now let me just add this... I am an environmentalist. I love the environment and think we should be proactive in doing things to clean up the environment. I don't want corporations dumping mercury and other toxins into our rivers and estuaries. I think we should shut that down completely. In 1993, I led a petition drive on behalf of Friends of the Chattahoochee to stop Atlanta from dumping raw sewage in the river, so I am also an activist.

From MY perspective, what you Warmer Nuts are doing is single-handedly destroying the environmental movement in America. It's sad for me to watch people immerse themselves in their own ignorance this way. And it all seems to be politically-centered, not really a matter of what the facts are.
notice how he has nothing to contribute? No names of the 97%? Where are the names, let's look them all up and see how they believe today. Naw, they never have anything of value to add. Just insulting little children. and, while we're at it, ask him for that experiment that demonstrates that 120PPM of CO2 affects temperatures? He ain't got one. Ask him,

So you want me to look up the names of 97% of all climate scientists? You are crazy, aren't you?
yeah, you make the claim don't you? Let's see the list you so boldly write about.

Well, no. It's a financial centered discussion. Virtually all the dissenting voices, and there are pathetically few, are funded and directed by the oil companies, and since the oil companies own a large part of the republican party, they use politics as another tool to prevent any profit loss due to having to clean up their mess. Again, all you have to do is convince the experts you are right, and I'm sure you will have all the support you need.

What you are saying is just not the truth. Global temperatures are not manipulated by the oil companies, we can use thermometers and measure temps with science. I have shown you the graph with the avg. temps since '79, and it indicates there is no substantial warming happening for the past 18 years. I'm not being paid by anyone, I have voted for Republicans but I am not a member of any political party.

The sidebar financial discussion is because you fuckwit fanatics believe that punishing capitalists will stop this man-made thing from happening that isn't really happening. No, the capitalists certainly don't like that idea at all. And I think it actually reveals the true intention here. You don't really care that man isn't causing global warming, it's about sticking it to capitalists, to the oil companies, to the billionaires and the Koch brothers. It's a political thing for you.

Again, Bulldog... These so-called "experts" are all getting a nice big fat paycheck from Uncle Sam to study global warming. They are not compelled to wreck their own gravy train.

As I have pointed out to you, there are a lot of scientists who absolutely disagree with this AGW nonsense. It is nowhere near a consensus among all scientists, or even all climatologists. But the real point is, it doesn't matter when we have the actual raw data which shows there is no warming happening.

Of course there is a consensus among climate scientists, even if Hannity told you there wasn't.
Again, I ask for some proof that the 97% of climate scientists who believe in man made global warming are all, or even mostly charlatans.
Sadly, I must admit ignorance of all the knowledge needed to be a climate scientist, so I must believe their majority opinion, but if you are smarter than them, then good for you, and I wish you luck in convincing your peers, but as a layman, only an idiot would pretend to know more than them.

First of all, 97% is not a consensus. Second, you are counting among that 97%, those who simply say the global temps are getting warmer but have not said it's being caused by man. Our planet gets warmer and cooler in cycles and has been doing this for billions of years. I've never denied this, nor has anyone else that I am aware of.

It doesn't take "being smarter" than anyone else, all it takes is looking at a graph which shows us the average global temperatures since 1979 and comprehending how to read a graph.

Again, I wish you luck in your endeavors, but only an idiot would go against the agreement of almost every expert in the field without some extraordinary knowledge, and I just don't see your little chart as extraordinary. Of course, if you could show some evidence on that silly charlatan claim, I'm sure many would be happy to reconsider.
so why isn't a 100%. Why are there climate scientist that don't agree. BTW, do you have the list of questions that were used to get the so called consensus? I didn't think so. 75 out 77 scientists. that's all, bubba!!!!!

You won't get 100% agreement that we went to the moon. There will always be a few who just don't see it. Even with your small count of 75%, which is laughable, if you had 3/4 of the doctors in the country telling you that you had cancer but only 1/4 said you didn't, would you just not worry about it?
BTW, everyone has cancer, 100% of us all. Bet you didn't know that, eh!

Well, no. It's a financial centered discussion. Virtually all the dissenting voices, and there are pathetically few, are funded and directed by the oil companies, and since the oil companies own a large part of the republican party, they use politics as another tool to prevent any profit loss due to having to clean up their mess. Again, all you have to do is convince the experts you are right, and I'm sure you will have all the support you need.

What you are saying is just not the truth. Global temperatures are not manipulated by the oil companies, we can use thermometers and measure temps with science. I have shown you the graph with the avg. temps since '79, and it indicates there is no substantial warming happening for the past 18 years. I'm not being paid by anyone, I have voted for Republicans but I am not a member of any political party.

The sidebar financial discussion is because you fuckwit fanatics believe that punishing capitalists will stop this man-made thing from happening that isn't really happening. No, the capitalists certainly don't like that idea at all. And I think it actually reveals the true intention here. You don't really care that man isn't causing global warming, it's about sticking it to capitalists, to the oil companies, to the billionaires and the Koch brothers. It's a political thing for you.
tell him to go read the IPCC AR5 report if he can't accept it. They believe in the pause.

Interesting, Boss. So, you state that you have a degree in Science. What Discipline is your degree in? Or are you just another flapyapper making silly claims like ol' Billy Boob?

If you had any knowledge of the ongoing discussion, you would have recognized that graph as from the UAH site of Dr. Spencer. Thus far, I have found your posts noteably lacking in scientific knowledge.

My degree is in Psychology, but as I said, a science degree is not needed to look at a graph showing the actual temperature since 1979 and comprehend there is no global warming happening.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_November_2014_v5.png

Here's the chart again for those who are too lazy to go back and find it. We can clearly see that since the 1998 El Niño warming event, temps are slightly higher, but they are not rising on average as the warmers predicted. There has been no "warming" for 18 years.

Man did not cause the El Niño event to happen, nor will man cause the next climactic event. We generally have several over the course of a century. These can cause periods of warmer average temps or cooler average temps, and this is expected in accordance with the laws of thermodynamics. Man cannot change laws of thermodynamics, even with carbon offset taxes.

And repeated posting of the same chart here won't convince the experts. I suggest you try contacting them. As soon as they are convinced, we all will agree with you.
so you have to have someone tell you how to read a graph. Too bad.

One little graph is easy if that is all the information available. Interpreting that graph in relationship to the massive amounts of other data available on the subject is more than either you or I are capable of.
ah, but you can't deny that the data isn't altered, can you?

I guess it could be, but you have to prove that all those experts are in on a grand conspiracy for that to work. That's right up there with the one about the guy that GM had killed because he invented a 200MPG carburetor, or the magic pill invented by a retired vacuum cleaner salesman that allows you to live to be 150 years old, but doctors won't tell you about. Bigfoot much?

BTW, everyone has cancer, 100% of us all. Bet you didn't know that, eh!

Ok. If you say so.

Who said oil companies manipulate global temperatures? That's just nuts. Right in line with all the other crap you believe that one little chart proves. How many times are you going to repeat your silly claim?

Who said oil companies manipulate global temperatures? That's just nuts. Right in line with all the other crap you believe that one little chart proves. How many times are you going to repeat your silly claim?

You said it...

"Virtually all the dissenting voices, and there are pathetically few, are funded and directed by the oil companies."

The one little chart is of the actual global temperatures since 1979. It clearly proves global temperatures are not rising and haven't been rising for 18 years. This is not a claim but fact of the matter, as the actual chart of actual global temperature shows.

Now you don't want to accept the actual data because you are pushing a political agenda. You are here, like most of the leftist morons, devoting your time to the cause of social change. And this is just one of the latest schemes to accomplish those objectives. You will continue to lie and prop up the lies as long as you can, because that's what you have to do.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are free to look at the graph and see there is no global warming happening, and nothing to be alarmed about.

You said it...

"Virtually all the dissenting voices, and there are pathetically few, are funded and directed by the oil companies."

The one little chart is of the actual global temperatures since 1979. It clearly proves global temperatures are not rising and haven't been rising for 18 years. This is not a claim but fact of the matter, as the actual chart of actual global temperature shows.

Now you don't want to accept the actual data because you are pushing a political agenda. You are here, like most of the leftist morons, devoting your time to the cause of social change. And this is just one of the latest schemes to accomplish those objectives. You will continue to lie and prop up the lies as long as you can, because that's what you have to do.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are free to look at the graph and see there is no global warming happening, and nothing to be alarmed about.

I never once said that one chart was inaccurate. Only that it is far from the entire store of information available on the subject, and that the experts are the best ones to interpret what the sum of all that information means. You are certainly entitled to make up your own mind from a tiny piece of the puzzle. Teabaggers make broad decisions from less information than that quite often. Just don't expect too many thinking people to do that.

Why is it that on average, the world is getting warmer and drier? Why is that, CO2 pollution isn't cooling off things, boyo? I think most of us notice that, and it isn't a politically correct thing. I wish it was that vapid and oblivious. The global warming stuff. True.

I have shown you the graph with the avg. temps since '79, and it indicates there is no substantial warming happening for the past 18 years.

No, that graph flat out does not show what you claim, and it's bad data to start with. You fail hard twice. But you don't care if you're babbling nonsense, because the nonsense is all you have, and your emotion-based beliefs take priority over the facts.

The whole world is not engaged in a grand conspiracy. You're just bad at the science, and rather than admit that, you invoke a conspiracy theory. Why? Could be various reasons. It allows you to rant against the dirty hippies who had all the fun and stole your girl and made you look so dumb. It lets you tell everyone that you're smarter than those eggheads, even though your knowledge level is abysmal. It gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, knowing you're one of the select few RealPatriots who know the RealTruth. Conspiracists always have their reasons.

I have shown you the graph with the avg. temps since '79, and it indicates there is no substantial warming happening for the past 18 years.

No, that graph flat out does not show what you claim, and it's bad data to start with. You fail hard twice. But you don't care if you're babbling nonsense, because the nonsense is all you have, and your emotion-based beliefs take priority over the facts.

The whole world is not engaged in a grand conspiracy. You're just bad at the science, and rather than admit that, you invoke a conspiracy theory. Why? Could be various reasons. It allows you to rant against the dirty hippies who had all the fun and stole your girl and made you look so dumb. It lets you tell everyone that you're smarter than those eggheads, even though your knowledge level is abysmal. It gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, knowing you're one of the select few RealPatriots who know the RealTruth. Conspiracists always have their reasons.

Only idiot who posts continually and virtually never uses a link.........calls everybody else "eggheads":eusa_dance::eusa_dance::tomato:

Skook, I link all the time.

So first, you ought to apologize for being so dishonest.

Then, you should then apologize for obsessively stalking me.

Next, you should apologize for spamming the board with your love for gayness.

And last, you should apologize for being such a bedwetting metrosexual sissyboy.

Now, let's look at where the earth was hottest this year, simply to counter the "but my backyard was cold!" nutters.

Hottest Year Ever 5 Places Where 2014 Temps Really Cooked - Scientific American
---
  • Australia: For the second year in a row, Australians saw heat records topple from the Gold Coast to the Coral Coast. The country kicked off January with an extreme heat wave; temperatures soared higher than 120 F (49 C). Heat waves in the autumn (March to May) and spring (September to November) also drove temperatures into the record books.
  • Eastern Pacific Ocean: Toasty temperatures developed in the eastern Pacific Ocean, despite an El Niño that never appeared. The heat was especially notable off the western coast of the United States. Fishing boats spotted species well north of their range, such as a giant ocean sunfish offshore of Alaska. For the global ocean, the September to November sea surface temperature was 1.13 F (0.63 C) above the 20th century average of 60.7 F (16.0 C), surpassing the previous record by 0.11 F (0.06 C), according to NOAA.
  • Siberia: Central Siberia defrosted in spring and early summer under temperatures more than 9 F (5 C) above its 1981 to 2010 average. Ice on the Ob River began to break up two weeks earlier than normal. The heat may have unleashed methane gas trapped in previously frozen permafrost, triggering underground explosions that formed spectacularly deep holes.
  • California: The long-running drought in California was made worse in 2014 by record heat. The first 10 months of 2014 were the warmest in California's history since 1895, further burdening the state's water demands.
  • Northern Europe: The same weather pattern that froze North America in early 2014 brought an unusually warm spring to countries including Denmark, Norway and Turkey. The sultry spring was the warmest in a century or more in these countries. In addition, January to October was the warmest 10-month period on record for Central England since 1659, and the warmest such period for the Netherlands since 1706.
---

Last edited:

Mr. Psychologist, you had better see a collegue for some professional courtesy, because your grip on reality is tenuous at best. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science in the world, and every major University states that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. So what you are stating is that there is a grand international conspiracy across national and cultural divids to fool the whole world concerng GHGs and global warming. Need more tinfoil for your hats?

Mr. Psychologist, you had better see a collegue for some professional courtesy, because your grip on reality is tenuous at best. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science in the world, and every major University states that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. So what you are stating is that there is a grand international conspiracy across national and cultural divids to fool the whole world concerng GHGs and global warming. Need more tinfoil for your hats?

What you are claiming is simply not true. Every scientific entity has certainly not said AGW is real and/or a clear and present danger. Even if they did, we do not operate on decree of science entities as our masters. In science, things are proven through observation and testing. Not by popular decree upon high. So... produce the science or shut the fuck up.

There is no problem whatsoever on my grip of reality, except for my inexplicable urge to try and educate moronic pinheads like yourself on an internet message board, in the hopes it will do some good. I think I maybe need to "get real" on that one and admit it's a pipe dream at best.

The data is there, all you need to do is look at the graph I posted earlier. The discussion (and argument) is very simple... Is man causing global warming to happen? The data shows no warming of significance for 18 years. It also shows a warming event unrelated to man in 1998, which has caused a slight increase in average temperature but has stabilized at about 0.2% above what it was before the event. No further warming has happened for 18 years.

So even IF man is causing it, the environment is mitigating it through nature. End of argument.

What you are claiming is simply not true. Every scientific entity has certainly not said AGW is real and/or a clear and present danger. Even if they did, we do not operate on decree of science entities as our masters. In science, things are proven through observation and testing. Not by popular decree upon high. So... produce the science or shut the fuck up.

There is no problem whatsoever on my grip of reality, except for my inexplicable urge to try and educate moronic pinheads like yourself on an internet message board, in the hopes it will do some good. I think I maybe need to "get real" on that one and admit it's a pipe dream at best.

The data is there, all you need to do is look at the graph I posted earlier. The discussion (and argument) is very simple... Is man causing global warming to happen? The data shows no warming of significance for 18 years. It also shows a warming event unrelated to man in 1998, which has caused a slight increase in average temperature but has stabilized at about 0.2% above what it was before the event. No further warming has happened for 18 years.

So even IF man is causing it, the environment is mitigating it through nature. End of argument.

you are wasting your time trying to get Old Rocks off his talking points. a few years ago, before the 'Pause' was statistically significant or even named, Old Rocks was still declaring that the warming was accelerating!

I agree with you about the satellite record. it seems to show a baseline before 1998 with variation around the mean, the 1998 event, then a slightly raised baseline afterwards with the same type of variations.

Forum List

Back