CO2 is used to keep things COLD

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
I know its an ugly fact for many of the idiots, but CO2 is used to Cool things. From what I read in the threads, people are actually arguing you can use CO2 to heat the earth, and they claim they know Science, they even claim Scientists support their bizarre ideas.

CO2 is used in industry to control the quality while making breads, which gives us better food, meaning we can feed more people. Democrats in California have taxed the use of CO2, as a pollutant?

Flour Dough Cooling Systems for the Baking Industry Praxair Inc.

FLOUR & DOUGH COOLING SYSTEMS FOR THE BAKING INDUSTRY
3_7_2_FlourDoughCooling_header_800x215.ashx

Mixing consistency in every batch
Optimum dough temperature is critical to any bakery operation. Our specially designed flour and dough cooling systems provide precise, easy-to-operate methods to achieve your required temperature. Our systems use cryogens, either carbon dioxide or nitrogen, to automatically cool your product.

With direct cryogen injection, you can maintain precise control of the temperature of your flour and dough products, resulting in optimum product quality. Additionally, the use of our fully-automated systems eliminates potential human error involved in the manual addition of ice, thus providing for a reduction in labor costs, as well as consistency of batches regardless of seasonal temperature variations, batch size or production levels. Cost-effectively achieve the product quality you desire every time with Praxair’s flour and dough cooling systems.

I know its an ugly fact for many of the idiots, but CO2 is used to Cool things. From what I read in the threads, people are actually arguing you can use CO2 to heat the earth, and they claim they know Science, they even claim Scientists support their bizarre ideas.

CO2 is used in industry to control the quality while making breads, which gives us better food, meaning we can feed more people. Democrats in California have taxed the use of CO2, as a pollutant?

Optimum dough temperature is critical to any bakery operation. Our specially designed flour and dough cooling systems provide precise, easy-to-operate methods to achieve your required temperature. Our systems use cryogens, either carbon dioxide or nitrogen, to automatically cool your product.

With direct cryogen injection, you can maintain precise control of the temperature of your flour and dough products, resulting in optimum product quality. Additionally, the use of our fully-automated systems eliminates potential human error involved in the manual addition of ice, thus providing for a reduction in labor costs, as well as consistency of batches regardless of seasonal temperature variations, batch size or production levels. Cost-effectively achieve the product quality you desire every time with Praxair’s flour and dough cooling systems.

Ok....A show of hands.... How many students in any junior high science class can explain why the OP is making a stupid comparison between pressurized CO2 use in this application and the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere? All of them? Good .

Yep.

Good lord, Ms Elektra, did you not consider checking the sanity meter before posting that one? As bad as is the idea that CO2 will cool the Earth, the idea that we will all starve from lack of bread if we reduce emissions, I find even worse.

Ok....A show of hands.... How many students in any junior high science class can explain why the OP is making a stupid comparison between pressurized CO2 use in this application and the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere? All of them? Good .
Ha, Ha, your Junior High class? Any day, explain away, go ahead, explain the magic that can not be observed in our atmosphere, go ahead and explain how its fact, not some "theory", by a minority of "scientists".

Go ahead, tell us how you Jr. High class took theory and taught you it as fact.

It will be a first in these threads, a first in the World, so go ahead.

Yep.

Good lord, Ms Elektra, did you not consider checking the sanity meter before posting that one? As bad as is the idea that CO2 will cool the Earth, the idea that we will all starve from lack of bread if we reduce emissions, I find even worse.
Ahhh, Facts hurt, huh Crick?

Crick, Industry is used to manufacture our food, how about telling us how we can eat without Industry?
Yes, CO2 cools things, even in our atmosphere, of course there is Crick's unproven theory with zero experiments, but still, Crick, your idea that we could feed the planet without industry is pure nonsense.

CO2 is used to cool things, never to heat things, never to keep things warm, never.

Buy Liquid Carbon Dioxide or Compressed Carbon Dioxide Gas CO2 Praxair Inc.

Food & Beverage
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is used as a key cryogenic agent in cooling, chilling and freezing applications — protecting the taste and texture of your food products by maintaining proper temperature control. CO2 also reduces the need for preservatives in packaged products, and is an essential ingredient in carbonated beverages.

Ha, Ha, your Junior High class? Any day, explain away, go ahead, explain the magic that can not be observed in our atmosphere, go ahead and explain how its fact, not some "theory", by a minority of "scientists".

OK....First, the cooling gained by injecting CO2 is gained from the venture effect of the injection nozzle, and not by any specific property of the CO2. The passive cooling part of this link should help you.
Ventilation passive cooling ventilation strategies wind tower venturi effect stack effect Manimegalai Arch - Academia.edu
Thermal effects of CO2 in the atmosphere are well known as well. Perhaps you have heard of The Greenhouse Effect
The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Just because you are not aware of these things that have been well known for a very long time, doesn't mean they are not very well known.

OK....First, the cooling gained by injecting CO2 is gained from the venture effect of the injection nozzle, and not by any specific property of the CO2. The passive cooling part of this link should help you.
Ventilation passive cooling ventilation strategies wind tower venturi effect stack effect Manimegalai Arch - Academia.edu
Thermal effects of CO2 in the atmosphere are well known as well. Perhaps you have heard of The Greenhouse Effect

Just because you are not aware of these things that have been well known for a very long time, doesn't mean they are not very well known.
Help yourself, do more google searches, its obvious you had to turn to google just to reply, so what exactly do you understand, without a google link, and if your links only link to your preconceived idea, in which you googled, of course your, illogical conclusion, is reinforced.

With a bit more of an education, and a lot more logical thinking, you would of provided me the .pdf of Tyndall's work. A far more interesting and relevant post.

Did Tyndall study CO2 in the atmosphere as you unwittingly believe, the answer is no. I say unwittingly because you most likely fail to realize the faults in which your understanding is based on.

First and foremost, is Tyndall did not study CO2 in the atmosphere, as it exists in the, "ether".

So how about explaining to us how electromagnetic waves travel through the, "ether". After all, this is what Tyndall based his work on.

So many faults in which the unproven, global warming Theory is based on.

Theory is not fact, look it up in google.

Help yourself, do more google searches, its obvious you had to turn to google just to reply, so what exactly do you understand, without a google link, and if your links only link to your preconceived idea, in which you googled, of course your, illogical conclusion, is reinforced.

With a bit more of an education, and a lot more logical thinking, you would of provided me the .pdf of Tyndall's work. A far more interesting and relevant post.

Did Tyndall study CO2 in the atmosphere as you unwittingly believe, the answer is no. I say unwittingly because you most likely fail to realize the faults in which your understanding is based on.

First and foremost, is Tyndall did not study CO2 in the atmosphere, as it exists in the, "ether".

So how about explaining to us how electromagnetic waves travel through the, "ether". After all, this is what Tyndall based his work on.

So many faults in which the unproven, global warming Theory is based on.

Theory is not fact, look it up in google.

You are pretty far out there. I did do a little google search to find a couple of simple explanations you might understand, but that information is pretty much common knowledge among anyone who has ever opened a book anyway. Obviously, your mind is made up, so I won't confuse you with facts anymore. Believe what you want. Just get used to being called an idiot when you spout your silly ideas. I have always believed that a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but in your case, I'll go with W's famous take on that phrase
It's terrible to loose ones mind.

Yep.

s0n.....CO2 has nothing to do with the earth warming........that'd be the sun. Take a quick gander over to check out the new thread on the sun..........a research paper that is a direct kick to the nut sack of the AGW religion.:funnyface::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Yep.

s0n.....CO2 has nothing to do with the earth warming........that'd be the sun. Take a quick gander over to check out the new thread on the sun..........a research paper that is a direct kick to the nut sack of the AGW religion.:funnyface::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

So you think one research paper that hasn't been peer reviewed yet is the magic piece of paper to disprove climate change? What an idiot.

Elektra, why don't you ask Westwall or SSDD or IanC to explain

p1V1/T1 = p2V2/T2

Yep.

Crick, Industry is used to manufacture our food, how about telling us how we can eat without Industry?
Yes, CO2 cools things, even in our atmosphere, of course there is Crick's unproven theory with zero experiments, but still, Crick, your idea that we could feed the planet without industry is pure nonsense.

You could always grow your friggin own. People do it every day.

If you hang out in enough GW threads you read deniers going on about how water vapor is a much more potent greenhouse gas than CO2. Water, you know, the stuff that ice is made of. Perhaps you can educate them about how wrong they are about H2O and its ability to warm. It's a proven fact it's used for cooling, notably in your drink at the restaurant for example.

Yep.

You could always grow your friggin own. People do it every day.
So what, if you could take your head out of the sand, you would realize that the people who live in cities could not grow their own food.

Get it, the world needs industry to supply food. We are speaking of something a little bigger than what one individual can do, we are speaking of what is needed today, to supply food to people who live in cities.

Now if you are speaking of me individually, that I could grow my own food on the 168 acres I sit on, I would have to tell you that you are ignorant. I can not grow my own food, I work supplying you with ELECTRICITY so I am not home in the spring, I have a job that you depend on, unless of course you found a magic way to supply your needs of electricity, without any industry.

If you hang out in enough GW threads you read deniers going on about how water vapor is a much more potent greenhouse gas than CO2. Water, you know, the stuff that ice is made of. Perhaps you can educate them about how wrong they are about H2O and its ability to warm. It's a proven fact it's used for cooling, notably in your drink at the restaurant for example.
What is your point?

Water is a moderator, in many ways, like in a nuclear power plant, we use water to shield us from deadly levels of radiation. Hydrogen absorbs Neutrons, naturally, literally, helping to control the process of fission.

Much different than CO2, we do not use CO2 to absorb radiation.

So, honestly, I do not understand the point you made, maybe you could rephrase your statement, no biggie either way.

p1V1/T1 = p2V2/T2

Crick, why don't you explain why there is no way to measure heat emitted from CO2 in the atmosphere, hence there is no way to prove the theory of Global Warming being driven by CO2.

Hell, last I checked there is zero experiments which used a concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, where they measured an increase in temperature within the concentration of CO2.

Seems simple, why have the great Scientists not done this simple experiment.

Hell, why does Duke University exclude the temperature data from experiments with elevated levels of CO2?

How come Industry does not use CO2 to heat things? Or why do we not insulate with CO2?

CO2 likes to be cold, CO2 is not hotter than the environment it finds itself in.

p1V1/T1 = p2V2/T2

Crick, why don't you explain why there is no way to measure heat emitted from CO2 in the atmosphere, hence there is no way to prove the theory of Global Warming being driven by CO2.

Hell, last I checked there is zero experiments which used a concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, where they measured an increase in temperature within the concentration of CO2.

Seems simple, why have the great Scientists not done this simple experiment.

Hell, why does Duke University exclude the temperature data from experiments with elevated levels of CO2?

How come Industry does not use CO2 to heat things? Or why do we not insulate with CO2?

CO2 likes to be cold, CO2 is not hotter than the environment it finds itself in.
Man, ya just gotta love this kind of magnificent understanding of basic science! CO2 likes to be cold. By God, that is absolutely classic.

Forum List

Back