CNN: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is The Face of The Trump Resistance

The law I posted is there for a reason.

And yes, fascists are dangerous.
Are you calling her a fascist? Because she dared comment on a Republican's potential, significant impact on the Court? A perfect example of fascist being used as a sloppy, inaccurate term for any who oppose you.

She apologized for making that comment. Perhaps she will recuse herself if such a situation occurs. But I don't actually see why she should.
No, you. And anyone who supports unethical judges.
Well, that's a relief.
So you’d have no issue with 6 Justices openly campaigning against Roe v Wade and not recuse themselves when it comes up?
Trump is not a "case," though is he? RBG will do as she has always done and will render an opinion based on the law.

She will oppose EVERY SINGLE THING involving him no matter WHAT the law says. The old prune must OUT.

It seems unlikely that she will last much longer, and we all know what that means... a Conservative lock on SCOTUS for decades.

Damned foolhardy, arrogant, elitist Democratic leadership... in the final analysis, you did this to us, on Nov 8, 2016.

Are you calling her a fascist? Because she dared comment on a Republican's potential, significant impact on the Court? A perfect example of fascist being used as a sloppy, inaccurate term for any who oppose you.

She apologized for making that comment. Perhaps she will recuse herself if such a situation occurs. But I don't actually see why she should.
Well, that's a relief.
So you’d have no issue with 6 Justices openly campaigning against Roe v Wade and not recuse themselves when it comes up?
Trump is not a "case," though is he? RBG will do as she has always done and will render an opinion based on the law.

She will oppose EVERY SINGLE THING involving him no matter WHAT the law says. The old prune must OUT.
NO SHE WON'T. You would, in her shoes, but she won't.
The Trump contingent is not interested in "fairness" in the least. It wants only Trump supporters and conservatives to be involved in any decisions concerning Trump. That is not fair.

Well, that's a relief.

NO SHE WON'T. You would, in her shoes, but she won't.
The Trump contingent is not interested in "fairness" in the least. It wants only Trump supporters and conservatives to be involved in any decisions concerning Trump. That is not fair.
RECUSAL REQUIRED: 28 U.S.C. 455: ” Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned.”

Um she's already guilty of that crime: Justice Ginsburg asked to recuse herself in Supreme Court gay marriage case

The catalyst was an interview with Bloomberg Business released Thursday in which Justice Ginsburg said “it would not take a large adjustment” for the American people to accept a ruling in favor of same-sex marriage....The justice, 81, also opined that as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people have revealed their sexual orientation, “the rest of us recognized that they are one of us.”...These comments “brought disrepute on the Supreme Court and eliminated any pretext that she will approach the marriage issue with an open mind when it comes before her

Ginsburg herself sealed her own fate when she voted in favor of impartiality in Caperton v A.T. Massey Coal in 2009; for legal reference on points and authorities.

I'm sorry she's been branded like this by CNN. It brings an intelligent, competent woman down into the political gutter. She is to be admired for what she has accomplished. She's no lightweight, her size notwithstanding.
Everyone should just leave her be.
CNN didn't put her in that box. She did it to herself with her own words and actions.

She needs to go

I thought John McCain was the face of Trump resistance. Can't they make up their minds?

If I went to dinner with CNN producers, they would all starve to death at the salad bar because they would keep switching from carrots to olives and back for their salads.

I'm sorry she's been branded like this by CNN. It brings an intelligent, competent woman down into the political gutter. She is to be admired for what she has accomplished. She's no lightweight, her size notwithstanding.
“I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don’t even want to contemplate that.”

- RUTH BADER GINSBERG
She is a liberal. She knows the court will be changed for a generation when Trump gives it a conservative majority. As a liberal, she does not relish that.
So what is your problem?
She has taken a political position against Trump.

Completely unethical.
I think you are being overly sensitive and grasping at any straw to keep a jurist from rendering an opinion. Good luck with that.
The problem is that she's not rendering an opinion, her clerks are.

CNN didn't put her in that box. She did it to herself with her own words and actions.

She needs to go
For all our sakes, I hope she doesn't go anywhere for quite awhile. It's true she made comments about Trump that were critical. If this were about his impeachment, I suppose I could see it. But it has nothing to do with the man personally or as POTUS.

She has taken a political position against Trump.

Completely unethical.
I think you are being overly sensitive and grasping at any straw to keep a jurist from rendering an opinion. Good luck with that.
Judges NEVER taken their politics to the public circle. Your support of unethical judges fits right into your leftist views.
Your support of throwing all "leftists" in prison fits right in with yours.
The law I posted is there for a reason.

And yes, fascists are dangerous.

What about this confuses you?

“you are required to recuse yourself in cases in which your ‘impartiality might be reasonably questioned’ and where you have a ‘personal bias or prejudice concerning a party.'”

Forum List

Back