The Indictment of Former President Trump Is An Abuse of Prosecutorial Power For Political Purposes – The Motive Is Clear on Its Face

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

The Indictment of Former President Trump Is An

Abuse of Prosecutorial Power For Political Purposes

The Motive Is Clear on Its Face

The purpose of an indictment is to provide notice to the defendant of the nature and circumstances of the charges. The content of an indictment is 100% the result of decisions made by the prosecutor. The document is drafted by the prosecutor and presented to the grand jury. The grand jury does not itself make changes to the language or allegations in the indictment.
The legal requirement with regard to the content of an indictment is that there be sufficient specificity that the defendant is advised of the time, place, and details of the charges so as to allow a defendant to claim “double jeopardy” in circumstances where the subject of the prosecution has been previously adjudicated against him.
Beyond that, federal courts at all levels have held that the charging language in an indictment combined with the detailed information and evidence provided to he defendant and his counsel in discovery, satisfies the “notice” required by due process.
What is absolutely certain is that the content of any indictment is not a reflection of any “right” of the public to see a litany of detailed ALLEGATIONS that form the basis for the charges, especially where those allegations are not presented in the context of the ACTUAL EVIDENCE that may — or may not — support the claims alleged.
~Snip~
What is absolutely certain is that the content of any indictment is not a reflection of any “right” of the public to see a litany of detailed ALLEGATIONS that form the basis of the charges, especially where those allegations are not presented in the context of the ACTUAL EVIDENCE that may — or may not — support the claims alleged.
What the Department of Justice has done more and more often in the past 20 years — particularly since the dawn of internet era — is to use what are called “speaking indictments” to manufacture a public narrative concerning the alleged crimes of the defendant. The more high profile the case, the more effort DOJ puts into crafting an extensive narrative for public consumption. With the allegations set forth in a public record, Department of Justice officials can discuss them in the press without violating DOJ policy.
Because the allegations will be published far and wide long before they are subject to the crucible of the adversarial system of justice, the narrative takes hold in the public consciousness as “fact” and often becomes impervious to contrary evidence.
Before turning to the Trump indictment, let me provide you a real world example that I was just involved in over the past few months.

Commentary:
The FSB and Stasi story keeps continues to change.
FLASHBACK:
WaPo interviewed the same witnesses as Jack Smith and originally reported the Mar-a-Lago storage room was secured by lock and key. The indictment omits this fact. No where does it say the storage room had a lock, leaving court to believe it was unsecured.
Never was it documented boxes were taken from anywhere but the storage room or Trumps office. Now a ballroom and bathroom, deep faked or staged photos? Yet all the boxes were more secure than where Bidens stolen documents at the University office. the China Town Office and strewn a garage with a crack heads access.
Meanwhile, the Stasi/FBI has covered up and buried the fact that Joey Xi Bai Dung took a $5 million dollar bribe while Vice President.

The purpose of an indictment is to provide notice to the defendant of the nature and circumstances of the charges. The content of an indictment is 100% the result of decisions made by the prosecutor. The document is drafted by the prosecutor and presented to the grand jury. The grand jury does not itself make changes to the language or allegations in the indictment.
The legal requirement with regard to the content of an indictment is that there be sufficient specificity that the defendant is advised of the time, place, and details of the charges so as to allow a defendant to claim “double jeopardy” in circumstances where the subject of the prosecution has been previously adjudicated against him.
Beyond that, federal courts at all levels have held that the charging language in an indictment combined with the detailed information and evidence provided to he defendant and his counsel in discovery, satisfies the “notice” required by due process.
What is absolutely certain is that the content of any indictment is not a reflection of any “right” of the public to see a litany of detailed ALLEGATIONS that form the basis for the charges, especially where those allegations are not presented in the context of the ACTUAL EVIDENCE that may — or may not — support the claims alleged.
~Snip~
What is absolutely certain is that the content of any indictment is not a reflection of any “right” of the public to see a litany of detailed ALLEGATIONS that form the basis of the charges, especially where those allegations are not presented in the context of the ACTUAL EVIDENCE that may — or may not — support the claims alleged.
What the Department of Justice has done more and more often in the past 20 years — particularly since the dawn of internet era — is to use what are called “speaking indictments” to manufacture a public narrative concerning the alleged crimes of the defendant. The more high profile the case, the more effort DOJ puts into crafting an extensive narrative for public consumption. With the allegations set forth in a public record, Department of Justice officials can discuss them in the press without violating DOJ policy.
Because the allegations will be published far and wide long before they are subject to the crucible of the adversarial system of justice, the narrative takes hold in the public consciousness as “fact” and often becomes impervious to contrary evidence.
Before turning to the Trump indictment, let me provide you a real world example that I was just involved in over the past few months.

Commentary:
FLASHBACK:
WaPo interviewed the same witnesses as Jack Smith and originally reported the Mar-a-Lago storage room was secured by lock and key. The indictment omits this fact. No where does it say the storage room had a lock, leaving court to believe it was unsecured.
Never was it documented boxes were taken from anywhere but the storage room or Trumps office. Now a ballroom and bathroom, deep faked or staged photos? Yet all the boxes were more secure than where Bidens stolen documents at the University office. the China Town Office and strewn a garage with a crack heads access.
Meanwhile, the Stasi/FBI has covered up and buried the fact that Joey Xi Bai Dung took a $5 million dollar bribe while Vice President.

So you don't want Trump to be held accountable? For ANY of the things he's done?

~Snip~

Commentary:
FLASHBACK:

The evidence says otherwise. And putting 'or not' next to mentions of evidence doesn't change a single recording, text message, witness testimony, or picture.

Trump's own AG was brutally honest today on how damning the indictment was.

What if he broke the law?

What should happen to him?

"Breaking the law" is not the bar here, according to your own people. George Floyd "broke the law" by taking illegal drugs and resisting arrest over and over. But no one cares; he's a hero and a god because he was killed by a cop.

Your justice, your rules.

ETA: Do not mistake me: I'm not saying Floyd deserved to die. I'm pointing out the yawning stupidity of crying over "he broke the law" and nothing else

What if he broke the law?

What should happen to him?
"Breaking the law" is not the bar here, according to your own people. George Floyd "broke the law" by taking illegal drugs and resisting arrest over and over. But no one cares; he's a hero and a god because he was killed by a cop.

ETA: Do not mistake me: I'm not saying Floyd deserved to die. I'm pointing out the yawning stupidity of crying over "he broke the law" and nothing else
^^^ They don't care. Reasonable questions only bring attacks.

So you don't want Trump to be held accountable? For ANY of the things he's done?

When you have a perverse justice system, you can do all manner of things in the name of "accountability". You can frisk young black men and find a few ounces of weed on them and then jail them up, ala Joe Biden. And then when people cry about it, "accountability".

Perverted justice is perverted. All the way around.

The evidence says otherwise. And putting 'or not' next to mentions of evidence doesn't change a single recording, text message, witness testimony, or picture.

Trump's own AG was brutally honest today on how damning the indictment was.

Look at post 5. They're no longer moored to the law or American institutions.

"History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme".

Resisting arrest doesn't carry the death penalty.

Your comparison is gibberish.

The grand jury disagreed.

Look at post 5. They're no longer moored to the law or American institutions.

"History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme".

Yes, dumbass. We have too many laws and rotten people use them to persecute people they don't like.

Go to any black community and ask about that, or play the idiot. Or be the idiot, as you are becoming. I don't care.

You're beaten by the example and everyone can see it.

Trump broke you a long time ago. For some time I thought you might be brought back, but no. It's intractable now.

Your example was meaningless nonsense. As resisting arrest doesn't carry the death penalty.

And the grand jury clearly disagreed with your pseudo-legal gibberish.

Why would I ignore them and instead believe you?

George Floyd broke the law.

And was brutally murdered for it. In defiance of the law.

No one is suggesting Trump be murdered for any of his 37 felony indictments

Your comparison is confused gibberish.

"No one is above the law" and he should be held "accountable".

Oh wait. That only applies to people YOU DON'T LIKE. I forgot

Murder for resisting arrest isn't 'being held accountable'.

Indictment, arrest and a fair trial would be.

Trump is getting all 3.

And was brutally murdered for it. In defiance of the law.

No one is suggesting Trump be murdered for any of his 37 felony indictments

Your comparison is confused gibberish.

Murder for resisting arrest isn't 'being held accountable'.

Indictment, arrest and a fair trial would be.

Trump is getting all 3.

Unequal application of the law is perverted justice.

None of your vapid words are gonna cover for that and you know it.

We're going to find out, over the next 18 months, whether our American Jihadis will be able to bring us down.

It's weird to have such a clear time frame, but that's pretty much it.

Worse, the world has seen this before. It doesn't end well.

It's you, Mac. Your TDS did it. You couldn't just leave well enough alone. Trump offended you so deeply, you and about a third of the nation, that you lost your freaking minds.

You did this.

Unequal application of the law is perverted justice.

Again, Trump hasn't been brutally murdered for any of the 37 crimes he's been charged with. Floyd was brutally murdered for resisting arrest..

Instead, Trump has been afforded the indictment, arraignment and fair trial that Floyd never was.

Your entire comparison is a silly, confused little mess. And you know it.

It's you, Mac. Your TDS did it. You couldn't just leave well enough alone. Trump offended you so deeply, you and about a third of the nation, that you lost your freaking minds.

You did this.

We didn't make Trump steal classified documents, lie about them, compel his lawyer to lie about them, defy a subpoena hide them next to his toilet, or show them off to staffers.

Trump did.

Nor are we the one's that lost our freaking minds and demanded that the constitution be terminated and Trump declared the winner of the last election.

That would be Trump again.

We're going to find out, over the next 18 months, whether our American Jihadis will be able to bring us down.

It's weird to have such a clear time frame, but that's pretty much it.

Worse, the world has seen this before. It doesn't end well.

In your last 30 posts, Mac, all but TWO of them were about TRUMP.

Only half of mine were, and I spoke on many other issues.

TELL US AGAIN who's obsessed. Dumbass.

Forum List

Back