CNN Lies Again: Madison Never Called the Electoral College Evil

Actual handwritten letter written by Madison in a letter to George Hays on August 23, 1923, is available for viewing on request and appointment by scholars in the Library of Congress. So, the CNN report is accurate and the thread is another lie, fake or misinformed thread routinely posted on USMB by Trumpican members here.

Obvious typo. Letter dated 1823.

Last edited:
Actual handwritten letter written by Madison in a letter to George Hays on August 23, 1923, is available for viewing on request and appointment by scholars in the Library of Congress. So, the CNN report is accurate and the thread is another lie, fake or misinformed thread routinely posted on USMB by Trumpican members here.
James Madison died in 1836. You were saying something about an "actual handwritten letter from 1923? :laugh::laugh2::laughing0301::lmao::lol:

Inventor of time travel ... and the comb-over.

early-19th-century-american-portrait-of-president-james-madison.jpg

James Madison died in 1836. You were saying something about an "actual handwritten letter from 1923? :laugh::laugh2::laughing0301::lmao::lol:
Sorry, August 23, 1823.

All of this shit about the EC cracks me up.

Not because there are not plenty of arguments for or against, but because it will require a constitutional amendment, which requires 2/3 of both houses of congress and 3/4 of the states to agree.

With the current state of our politics if it was Free Pizza Night in America we couldn't get that sort of agreement on toppings, FFS.

Obvious typo. Letter dated 1823.
Post it then.

He helped create it. The Left are bent upon destroying America.

Twitter

Where do you see a "left" in this question?

And even though you came up with no more of a link than fucking Tweeter, did you even watch your own video? He's talking about the WTA system, not the EC itself. It's right there at 1:10 in YOUR OWN VIDEO, Lardass.

This is in fact a point I keep bringing up in the EC threads (most recently here), which you've now affirmed even though you're too much of a hack to watch the same video you thought was saying something else because you were too stupid to watch it.

Not because there are not plenty of arguments for or against, but because it will require a constitutional amendment, which requires 2/3 of both houses of congress and 3/4 of the states to agree.

With the current state of our politics if it was Free Pizza Night in America we couldn't get that sort of agreement on toppings, FFS.

Pepperoni ... no contest.

That's exactly why the NPV compact was drawn up fourteen years ago --- as the video also talks about. Doesn't require an Amendment, and it's still building.

As for pizza I think we can all agree that anchovies are evil. :puke:

That's exactly why the NPV compact was drawn up fourteen years ago --- as the video also talks about. Doesn't require an Amendment, and it's still building.

As for pizza I think we can all agree that anchovies are evil. :puke:

Except for extra anchovies in mystic pizza. that worked out well for the delivery guy anyhow...

Twitter

And even though you came up with no more of a link than fucking Tweeter, did you even watch your own video? He's talking about the WTA system, not the EC itself. It's right there at 1:10 in YOUR OWN VIDEO, Lardass.

This is in fact a point I keep bringing up in the EC threads (most recently here), which you've now affirmed even though you're too much of a hack to watch the same video you thought was saying something else because you were too stupid to watch it.
I’m not going to divert from the topic.

Madison never said it.

Twitter

Madison never said it.

Ah, you had a tape recorder on him all the time did you?

He WROTE it. Doesn't matter if he uttered it aloud.

And it's not a topic "diversion" Dumbass --- it's RIGHT THERE IN YOUR OWN VIDEO.

I already knew about this, which is why I've brought it up in EC threads for years.

Twitter

Madison never said it.

And it's not a topic "diversion" Dumbass --- it's RIGHT THERE IN YOUR OWN VIDEO.

I already knew about this, which is why I've brought it up in EC threads for years.
For the third time, quote it with link.

Twitter

Madison never said it.

You already posted the link, idiot. I even gave you the time mark. Go forth and LISTEN to it.

Twitter

Madison never said it.

You already posted the link, idiot. I even gave you the time mark. Go forth and LISTEN to it.
Let me help you.

“The ‘evil’ to which Madison referred in this context would rear its head only when presidential elections were decided in the House of Representatives, and not in the normal operations of the electoral college,”

FACT CHECK: Did James Madison Call The Electoral College ‘Evil’?

Madison never said it.

Let me help you.

“The ‘evil’ to which Madison referred in this context would rear its head only when presidential elections were decided in the House of Representatives, and not in the normal operations of the electoral college,”

FACT CHECK: Did James Madison Call The Electoral College ‘Evil’?

Once AGAIN stupid YOUR OWN VIDEO LINK doesn't say he said that --- it specifically says he's talking about the WTA system.

Something I've known for years.

The link you just posted here seems to figure out the same thing. Quote:

>> “Madison is not condemning the Electoral College in itself but merely supporting an improvement in the process by which it functions,” Fergus Bordewich, the author of “The First Congress: How James Madison, George Washington, and a Group of Extraordinary Men Invented the Government,” told the Caller in an email.

Madison supported the idea of having electors to the Electoral College selected on a district, not statewide, basis. <<​

Lemme guess. You didn't read this link either.

Forum List

Back