CNN Anti Gun Op Ed Calls For MARTIAL LAW, Obama To Go Full Dictator

ok, I'm speechless. These people are getting more damn scary everyday

SNIP:

January 7, 2016 by Michael Strickland

Elliot Fineman, of the National Gun Victims Action Council, has penned an op ed on CNN.com calling for Obama to declare a “National State of Emergency for the Gun Violence Epidemic.”

He says this needs to “include universal REAL backgrounds checks, suspending the gun industry’s immunity from lawsuits, monitoring ammunition sales and banning those on the terror watch list from buying guns.”

Fineman goes on to say:

It is clear why a National State of Emergency scares the gun lobby and pro-gun lawmakers — it would neutralize them. My organization is encouraging a petition. As we tune in to CNN’s town hall meeting with Obama, here are my questions. What are yours?

1) Gun violence is a raging epidemic claiming 30,000 lives per year at a cost of $229 billion per year. Why have you not declared a state of emergency to halt the Gun Violence Epidemic?

all of it at the site:
CNN Anti Gun Op Ed Calls For MARTIAL LAW, Obama To Go Full Dictator - Progressives Today

Ummm no, and that no is a really fuck no on that...

Anyone that support using the any watch list to suspend someone constitutional rights need to answer one question and that is should that person right to vote and free speech should also be suspended?

I mean if the watch list is good enough to suspend one right then why not all of them?
You`re not content with arming criminals and crazy people. Now you want to help arm terrorists too. What a well trained parrot you are. Have a cracker.

Bet you didn't know that senators have been on the list and currently I think there are 70 some members of the Dept. of Homeland Security on the list as well. As usual you speak without knowing of what you speak. Mayhaps you should follow that advice to keep quiet lest it become known you are a fool... Just sayin...
You people are so gullible. Your right wing masters fill you with nonsense and you`re eager to run with it. People have been put on the list mistakenly and they follow a procedure to have themselves removed.
72 DHS Employees on 'Terrorist Watch List'?

Funny that you mention that b/c I've been told for ages now that candidate X is going to take my guns and yet I still have my guns. I am seeing a lot of dramatics being thrown around from the fringes. In the meantime, the level-headed people trapped between the two just rolls our eyes.

Have you ever heard the democrats say they wanted to confiscate your guns before?

In the past, they always denied that this is their goal, while the pro-civil rights side said it was what the the democrats want. Now we have two instances in a week where they are acknowledging that this is their plan. That is a major change for the left, they are emboldened. There is a reason...

mrz011316dAPR20160113124620.jpg

SNIP:

Elliot Fineman, of the National Gun Victims Action Council, has penned an op ed on CNN.com calling for Obama to declare a “National State of Emergency for the Gun Violence Epidemic.”

He says this needs to “include universal REAL backgrounds checks, suspending the gun industry’s immunity from lawsuits, monitoring ammunition sales and banning those on the terror watch list from buying guns.”

Fineman goes on to say:

It is clear why a National State of Emergency scares the gun lobby and pro-gun lawmakers — it would neutralize them. My organization is encouraging a petition. As we tune in to CNN’s town hall meeting with Obama, here are my questions. What are yours?

1) Gun violence is a raging epidemic claiming 30,000 lives per year at a cost of $229 billion per year. Why have you not declared a state of emergency to halt the Gun Violence Epidemic?

all of it at the site:
CNN Anti Gun Op Ed Calls For MARTIAL LAW, Obama To Go Full Dictator - Progressives Today

And again, they lie by omission…….some actual gun stats…..from the CDC….

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39

Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

Gun Suicide: 21,175

Non gun suicide: 19,974

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

Has this liberal lunatic considered that DRUNK DRIVERS kill as many people per year as are murdered by guns??? We don't have a national state of emergency for that one.

Doctors kill 5x as many per year as are murdered by guns via medical negligence.

Actually, that is wrong……accidental car deaths kill more people than gun murder and gun accidents combined.

Funny that you mention that b/c I've been told for ages now that candidate X is going to take my guns and yet I still have my guns. I am seeing a lot of dramatics being thrown around from the fringes. In the meantime, the level-headed people trapped between the two just rolls our eyes.

Have you ever heard the democrats say they wanted to confiscate your guns before?

In the past, they always denied that this is their goal, while the pro-civil rights side said it was what the the democrats want. Now we have two instances in a week where they are acknowledging that this is their plan. That is a major change for the left, they are emboldened. There is a reason...

Of course I heard people claim they want to confiscate our guns. From the fringe right and the fringe left but it is overly dramatic poppycock and nothing more. Why do we insist on letting these assholes on the fringes dominate the debate?

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

Anyone that support using the any watch list to suspend someone constitutional rights need to answer one question and that is should that person right to vote and free speech should also be suspended?

I mean if the watch list is good enough to suspend one right then why not all of them?
You`re not content with arming criminals and crazy people. Now you want to help arm terrorists too. What a well trained parrot you are. Have a cracker.

Bet you didn't know that senators have been on the list and currently I think there are 70 some members of the Dept. of Homeland Security on the list as well. As usual you speak without knowing of what you speak. Mayhaps you should follow that advice to keep quiet lest it become known you are a fool... Just sayin...
You people are so gullible. Your right wing masters fill you with nonsense and you`re eager to run with it. People have been put on the list mistakenly and they follow a procedure to have themselves removed.

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TELL THE GOVERNMENT THAT YOU ARE NOT A TERRORIST!

You love this list until someone like Trump or Cruz get their hands on that list, and then my bet is you will declare that list to be unconstitutional and should never be used to deny someone their constitutional rights.

Also it is the government job to prove that you are a threat to the nation and not your job to prove you are innocent.

So again if you support the No-Fly List as a good list to use to suspend someone second amendment right then why stop there?

Would you allow a possible terrorist the right to vote?

How about allowing them to speak freely?

Do you want them to have the right to operate a truck where they can drive a bomb and blow up another federal building?

Why not send all those on the list to GITMO?

They're a threat so why allow them to walk around before being proven GUILTY of something?

I mean innocent before proven guilty does not matter to you so let suspend all their rights and not just the ones you believe should not be granted in the first place...

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

Has this liberal lunatic considered that DRUNK DRIVERS kill as many people per year as are murdered by guns??? We don't have a national state of emergency for that one.

Doctors kill 5x as many per year as are murdered by guns via medical negligence.

Here you go, some fast stats from the CDC….

Here are the stats on some common types of death....it would be better to start a crusade to teach people how to walk upright...and save them from falling deaths...you would save more lives.....

guns, drowning and poisoning....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208

Accidental drowning.....3,391

Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39

Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

Gun Suicide: 21,175

Non gun suicide: 19,974

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

So...accidental gun deaths have been coming down as more people own and carry guns for self defense....now 12.8 million people actually carry guns for self defense......on their person, and the accidental gun death rate is going down, not up...

Tell you what, if you Communists agree to suspend the right to vote and speak to those on the Obama enemies list (watch list) I'll agree that suspending other civil rights like gun ownership is consistent.

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

Gun murder in 2014 according to FBI table 8: 8,124

Accidental gun deaths 2013 according to the CDC: 505

Accidental car deaths 2013 according to the CDC: 35, 369

[Q

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TELL THE GOVERNMENT THAT YOU ARE NOT A TERRORIST!

You love this list until someone like Trump or Cruz get their hands on that list, and then my bet is you will declare that list to be unconstitutional and should never be used to deny someone their constitutional rights.

Also it is the government job to prove that you are a threat to the nation and not your job to prove you are innocent.

So again if you support the No-Fly List as a good list to use to suspend someone second amendment right then why stop there?

Would you allow a possible terrorist the right to vote?

How about allowing them to speak freely?

Do you want them to have the right to operate a truck where they can drive a bomb and blow up another federal building?

Why not send all those on the list to GITMO?

They're a threat so why allow them to walk around before being proven GUILTY of something?

I mean innocent before proven guilty does not matter to you so let suspend all their rights and not just the ones you believe should not be granted in the first place...

Bruce, this is the Obamanation. You are guilty until proven loyal to the party.

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

The two muslim terrorists in San Bernadino were not on the terrorist watch list….but the guy from National Review was….

Yes….they have all of a sudden gone ape crap crazy on the gun issues……..and we need to defeat them state by state…

I believe their plan is to pass gun laws in blue states, have obama appointed federal judges uphold them, and then they hope hilary will replace one of the 3 conservative judges and will have those laws deemed Constittional…..there by circumventing congress……...

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

Yes, how about you post up the procedure to be removed from the list. It is YOU who are the brainless parrot dude.

Of course I heard people claim they want to confiscate our guns. From the fringe right and the fringe left but it is overly dramatic poppycock and nothing more. Why do we insist on letting these assholes on the fringes dominate the debate?

Because they are passing laws at the state level, and obama's judges are upholding them….circumventing congress….

Again, this is the first time I am aware of a mainstream representative in the mainstream media being so bold.

This is NOT a fringe publication, that is the point. It is CNN, one of the primary outlets of information for the party.

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

Yes, how about you post up the procedure to be removed from the list. It is YOU who are the brainless parrot dude.

There was a congressman who was on the no-fly list, not ted the swimmer kennedy, but another one…….and it took him months to get off the list and he only managed it because he was in congress…they told him they would not say how he got on the list, what criteria they used or how he could get off of it…..

Again, this is the first time I am aware of a mainstream representative in the mainstream media being so bold.

This is NOT a fringe publication, that is the point. It is CNN, one of the primary outlets of information for the party.

There are other places…Georgia democrats are pushing these laws too………and just look at Washington state…..

OP-ED pieces in no way reflect the opinions of the outlet themselves. I am glad that did publish it though b/c I wrote Elliot Fineman's organization a letter expressing my regret for his loss but telling him that wasn't a good reason to curb my 2nd Amendment rights.

SNIP:

Fineman goes on to say:

all of it at the site:

If someone is too lazy to do what they have to do, I guess they really don`t want a gun. Maybe they thought it would be a cool thing to show off when he/she twirls it around like the Lone Ranger. Why didn`t chief Gun Pussy La Pierre show up to talk with Obama and make a formal complaint about the removal process? He was invited you know....

Forum List

Back