CNBC: Goldman CEO Blankfein has 'really liked' what Trump has done for the economy

NightFox

Wildling
Jul 20, 2013
North beyond the Wall
Source: CNBC.COM
Goldman CEO and Clinton supporter Blankfein has 'really liked' what Trump has done for economy

"Though he's taken a few jabs at President Donald Trump, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein said Wednesday he's otherwise "really liked what he's done for the economy."

"I'd say I like a lot more stuff than I don't like, and some of the stuff I don't like I really don't like," Blankfein told CNBC's "Squawk Box" during an interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos. "But I don't want to be hypocritical, either. I've really liked what he's done for the economy."

In fact, he conceded that conditions probably would be weaker had Democrat Hillary Clinton defeated Trump in the 2016 election. Blankfein supported Clinton during the contentious campaign, and occasionally has taken shots at Trump on Twitter and elsewhere.

Since Trump's win, the Dow has surged more than 40 percent and the economy is on its way to its third-straight quarter of growth topping 3 percent. Trump also has been aggressive in rolling back the thousands of regulations added during his predecessor Barack Obama's term.

"I think the market would be lower [under Clinton], I'd be dealing with more regulation," Blankfein said. "I'd say the animal spirits are out there and [more] vital than they would be otherwise."

"The country would be a bit less polarized, but I'm not even sure about that," he added."

Some surprising admissions coming from the normally reserved Blankfein who has in the past been a critic of Trump (and was a Hillary Clinton advocate). Looks like President Twitter is winning some hearts and minds of the best and brightest of finance, this coming right on the heels of Jamie Dimon's praise of the Trump Tax Reform Package .

Give credit where credit is due, Trump might be a boisterous, braggart but it appears that his economic policies are having a positive effect so far.

"I early learned that it is a hard matter to convert an individual by abusing him, and that this is more often accomplished by giving credit for all the praiseworthy actions performed than by calling attention alone to all the evil done." -- Booker T. Washington

Goldman CEO Blankfein has 'really liked' what Trump has done for the economy

This just in: Wealthy banking CEO really likes getting more money and less regulations

In other news: Water is wet

I miss the good old days when the RWnuts thought Hillary Clinton's cozy relationship with Goldman/Sachs was a bad thing.

Er... your reading handicap has once again reared it's ugly head. :rolleyes:

A. Hillary Clinton and her merry band of miscreants from Crime Family Democrat STILL have a "cozy relationship" with Goldman Sachs
B. Just because Blankfein gave Trump some credit for his economic policies doesn't mean the two have a "cozy relationship", Lloyd is still a Democrat but unlike some of the rank and file Democrat droids, he hasn't completely lost his capacity for reason and objectivity.

I miss the good old days when the RWnuts thought Hillary Clinton's cozy relationship with Goldman/Sachs was a bad thing.

A. Hillary Clinton and her merry band of miscreants from Crime Family Democrat STILL have a "cozy relationship" with Goldman Sachs
B. Just because Blankfein gave Trump some credit for his economic policies doesn't mean the two have a "cozy relationship", Lloyd is still a Democrat but unlike some of the rank and file Democrat droids, he hasn't completely lost his capacity for reason and objectivity.

lol, you manage to attack HRC and praise Trump for doing the same thing.

The 'old days' Trump:

1. Ties to Wall Street.Then: “I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over [Ted Cruz]. Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton,” Trump spouted during the campaign. He went on to slam Clinton for giving paid speeches to Wall Street banks, saying they “owned her.”

5 Things Donald Trump Attacked Hillary Clinton Over—But Is Currently Doing Himself

lol, you manage to attack HRC and praise Trump for doing the same thing.

LOL, I didn't "attack" HRC for her relationship with Goldman Sachs, because it doesn't bother me and never has. Wall Street bankers are entitled to their partisan preferences just like everybody else is.

I attacked HRC and her Crime Family of a Political Party because she's a deceitful criminal that doesn't belong anywhere near the levers of power.

As far as "praising Trump", I didn't praise Trump for any relationship with Goldman Sachs, I (like Blankfein) gave Trump some credit for the results of his economic policies because they're positive so far, doesn't mean that I like the sumbitch or would ever vote for him or any other member of the Republican Crime Family.

Unlike you I'm not a mindless partisan lemming that has lost all reason, objectivity and integrity.

Forum List

Back