Clinton Campaign: Trump Needs To Guarantee He Won’t Leak Before Getting Briefed

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“This isn’t a normal political story, and it’s not funny.”

PHILADELPHIA ― The chairman of Hillary Clinton’s campaign urged U.S. intelligence agencies on Wednesday to get an ironclad agreement from Donald Trump that he would not leak information to the Russians before providing him with presidential candidate briefings.

“I think it’s an issue that … Jim Clapper’s going to have to come to grips with,” John Podesta said in an interview with The Huffington Post, referring to the director of national intelligence. “And I think they’ll have to find a way to negotiate with him and with his campaign to get … more than assurances ― sort of some proof that they can be able to hold on to that information.”

Speaking from the site of the convention, Podesta’s remarks underscored the extent to which the event unfolding behind him had become upended by the latest controversial remarks from the other side of the ledger. Earlier that morning, Trump had encouraged Russian agencies to try to hack and leak information on Clinton’s emails, following a hack these same agencies apparently executed on the Democratic National Committee.

“This isn’t a normal political story, and it’s not funny ... And for Donald Trump to suggest that a foreign power should hack the candidate of the opposing power is beyond outrageous. I think it is really disqualifying,” Podesta said.

“I don’t know how the DNI assures himself that information that is being passed on to him is going to be secure,” he added.

More: Clinton Campaign: Trump Needs To Guarantee He Won't Leak Before Getting Briefed

How could anyone trust a "guarantee" from Trump? He has repeatedly proven that he can't be trusted - in business and politics. I think it's a major national security risk to brief him on classified intelligence.

PHILADELPHIA ― The chairman of Hillary Clinton’s campaign urged U.S. intelligence agencies on Wednesday to get an ironclad agreement from Donald Trump that he would not leak information to the Russians before providing him with presidential candidate briefings.

“I think it’s an issue that … Jim Clapper’s going to have to come to grips with,” John Podesta said in an interview with The Huffington Post, referring to the director of national intelligence. “And I think they’ll have to find a way to negotiate with him and with his campaign to get … more than assurances ― sort of some proof that they can be able to hold on to that information.”

Speaking from the site of the convention, Podesta’s remarks underscored the extent to which the event unfolding behind him had become upended by the latest controversial remarks from the other side of the ledger. Earlier that morning, Trump had encouraged Russian agencies to try to hack and leak information on Clinton’s emails, following a hack these same agencies apparently executed on the Democratic National Committee.

“This isn’t a normal political story, and it’s not funny ... And for Donald Trump to suggest that a foreign power should hack the candidate of the opposing power is beyond outrageous. I think it is really disqualifying,” Podesta said.

“I don’t know how the DNI assures himself that information that is being passed on to him is going to be secure,” he added.

More: Clinton Campaign: Trump Needs To Guarantee He Won't Leak Before Getting Briefed

How could anyone trust a "guarantee" from Trump? He has repeatedly proven that he can't be trusted - in business and politics. I think it's a major national security risk to brief him on classified intelligence.
Too funny, Hillary claiming she is worried about someone else leaking information. Liberals are the stupidest life forms on the earth.

Donnie is a loose cannon ... piss him off and there is no telling what he might say.

Too funny, Hillary claiming she is worried about someone else leaking information. Liberals are the stupidest life forms on the earth.

What did Hillary leak? Please be specific with "credible" sources.

wasn't Hillary, it was Jim... pay attention.

What did Hillary leak? Please be specific with "credible" sources.
Comey stated that more than likely that our enemies got top secret information from her unsecured emails.

Will the Hillary campaign, with a PROVEN RECORD of mishandling classified and secret documents be denied access to these documents?

Will this felon, declared to be above the law be denied from exposing the rest of America's intelligence documents from the foreign powers who had free access to her illegal and unsecured mail server, be blocked from any and all sensitive documents?

There is no indication of Trump mishandling classified intel - Hillary is PROVEN to have done so,

That Podesta is a lying fuck doesn't alter the fact of who the security leak is, Hillary.

Last edited:
The Democrat Convention has moved more people into voting for Trump than all his speeches have accomplished.

Of course Trump's briefs leak. That's why he wears Depends!

Fat%2BDonald%2BTrump.jpg

This from the idiot that exposed U.S. secrets to the world? My God, anyone that would vote for that needs their head examined.

Podesta has always been a little bitch. Only one candidate running has risked top secret information and it wasn't Trump.

Podesta has always been a little bitch. Only one candidate running has risked top secret information and it wasn't Trump.
again a democrat is a do as I say not as I do party.

Forum List

Back