Climate is Weather

For the perspectively-challenged OP, here's the difference between climate and weather...

I too am amazed somebody actually made a video to state the obvious. You're welcome.

Why not take a look outside, and get back to us with what your climate is like today, beings that what its like outside, is your climate.

Uh.... nnnnnnnno, that would be what the weather is. It's cold, with yet another winter weather advisory out.
That's good to know day-to-day, in fact it's crucial as it's been dramatically changeable lately and often severe. I check on that a few times every day.

But my climate is a constant. I don't need a report or a look outside to know that; it's fixed. This is what my climate looks like -- the light blue area:

Climatemapusa2.PNG

Tomorrow, or yesterday, or last month, or next August, that map will be exactly the same.

But here's what the weather looks like:
usa_ICast.gif

-- and tomorrow, or yesterday or next August, this map will look completely different. Matter of fact it's already changed from what it looked like earlier today.

Why is this one always changing while the first one isn't?

Because "climate" is not "weather".
Never has been, never will be.

How about not hiding the link from your posts? Where is the link? Why would you not link? I bet your climate/weather site states that they are using the weather, as in climate is the weather.

The weather outside is the climate, its that simply, you can not separate the two. The only way to describe the climate outside, is by stating what the weather is.

Climate Weather Terms Glossary

Climate and Weather Terms Glossary
Climate The accumulation of daily and seasonal weather events over a long period of time. A description of aggregate weather conditions; the sum of all statistical weather information that helps describe a place or region.

Take a look outside, and tell us what your climate is like, without using any term related to the weather.

For the perspectively-challenged OP, here's the difference between climate and weather...

I too am amazed somebody actually made a video to state the obvious. You're welcome.

Why not take a look outside, and get back to us with what your climate is like today, beings that what its like outside, is your climate.

Uh.... nnnnnnnno, that would be what the weather is. It's cold, with yet another winter weather advisory out.
That's good to know day-to-day, in fact it's crucial as it's been dramatically changeable lately and often severe. I check on that a few times every day.

But my climate is a constant. I don't need a report or a look outside to know that; it's fixed. This is what my climate looks like -- the light blue area:

Climatemapusa2.PNG

Tomorrow, or yesterday, or last month, or next August, that map will be exactly the same.

But here's what the weather looks like:
usa_ICast.gif

-- and tomorrow, or yesterday or next August, this map will look completely different. Matter of fact it's already changed from what it looked like earlier today.

Why is this one always changing while the first one isn't?

Because "climate" is not "weather".
Never has been, never will be.

How about not hiding the link from your posts? Where is the link? Why would you not link? I bet your climate/weather site states that they are using the weather, as in climate is the weather.

The weather outside is the climate, its that simply, you can not separate the two. The only way to describe the climate outside, is by stating what the weather is.

Climate Weather Terms Glossary

Climate and Weather Terms Glossary
Climate The accumulation of daily and seasonal weather events over a long period of time. A description of aggregate weather conditions; the sum of all statistical weather information that helps describe a place or region.

Take a look outside, and tell us what your climate is like, without using any term related to the weather.

The links are not hidden -- you can figure out where I got them the same way I figured out you were using pics from Michigan and Utah to make points about Ireland.

Again -- I don't need to look outside, or even be at home, to know what my climate is, what yours is, what anybody's is given where they live. That's based on history. It's known and recorded.

My weather-- within that climate-- is mid-20s and light snow. On another day it could be 85 and sunny. Same climate. On a third other day it could be clear and 3 below zero. Same climate. On another day 56 and overcast with occasional showers. Again, all together now, SAME CLIMATE.

That's because they're two different things. The difference between climate and weather is like the differece between the history of civilization and yesterday's USA Today.

The links are not hidden -- you can figure out where I got them the same way I figured out you were using pics from Michigan and Utah to make points about Ireland.

Again -- I don't need to look outside, or even be at home, to know what my climate is, what yours is, what anybody's is given where they live. That's based on history. It's known and recorded.

My weather-- within that climate-- is mid-20s and light snow. On another day it could be 85 and sunny. Same climate. On a third other day it could be clear and 3 below zero. Same climate. On another day 56 and overcast with occasional showers. Again, all together now, SAME CLIMATE.

That's because they're two different things. The difference between climate and weather is like the differece between the history of civilization and yesterday's USA Today.
Yes, you used wikipedia, I just thought I would see if you cared to admit this.
According to wikipedia, Climate is Weather on the average for a 30 year period. Pogo, wikipedia is disagreeing with you, Climate is not the history of weather, not at all.

Climate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Climate (from Ancient Greekklima, meaning inclination) is commonly defined as the weather averaged over a long period.[3] The standard averaging period is 30 years

Last edited:

According to wikipedia, Climate is Weather on the average for a 30 year period. Pogo, wikipedia is disagreeing with you, Climate is not the history of weather, not at all.

Climate (from Ancient Greekklima, meaning inclination) is commonly defined as the weather averaged over a long period.[3] The standard averaging period is 30 years

Wiki does not "disagree". The freaking dictionary doesn't "disagree" either. Climate is not weather, never was, never will be. To suggest it's the same thing is absurd.

Here's a whole page of climate maps, in varying detail. Not one of them are going to change day to day, hour to hour, season to season or year to year. Not one.

On the other hand that weather map (which is from Intellicast) already changed as soon as I posted it. And by the time I get to the end of this sentence it will change again. By the time you read it, changed again.

Everybody in the world understands this. You're being obtuse.

Wiki does not "disagree". The freaking dictionary doesn't "disagree" either. Climate is not weather, never was, never will be. To suggest it's the same thing is absurd.

Here's a whole page of climate maps, in varying detail. Not one of them are going to change day to day, hour to hour, season to season or year to year. Not one.

On the other hand that weather map (which is from Intellicast) already changed as soon as I posted it. And by the time I get to the end of this sentence it will change again. By the time you read it, changed again.

So Pogo, do you have a climate map from 100 years ago for your area? Is it any different?

So Pogo, do you have a climate map from 100 years ago for your area? Is it any different?

Nope and nope.

Nope and nope.
so the climate hasn't changed. Thanks

Nope and nope.

I never said it did. I said just the opposite. :banghead:

A climate doesn't change, at least not within a human lifetime. Weather does. That's why they're not the same thing. Go bitch to the OP about her idiotic synonymity that tries to equate the two.

Nope and nope.

A climate doesn't change, at least not within a human lifetime. Weather does. That's why they're not the same thing. Go bitch to the OP about her idiotic synonymity that tries to equate the two.
than how is it the climate is changing world wide? I'm sorry, but you seem to be saying the opposite of what you promote.
And well, the weather makes the climate. there'd be no climate without weather.

Nope and nope.

than how is it the climate is changing world wide? I'm sorry, but you seem to be saying the opposite of what you promote.

And what is this that I 'promote' then?

I haven't contradicted anything but the wacko OP. Show me the contradiction.

Nope and nope.

right, show me........... so I go back and reread all your crap? nope. You know what you promote and you obviously don't even agree with yourself. How flippn odd is that? Dude, that is some kind of silly. What is the thread about? it is about climate fool. You obviously believe in CO2 and man's cause to changing climate. You're on here all the time promoting this lie. Now I have you saying the exact opposite. so much silliness.

Nope and nope.

right, show me........... so I go back and reread all your crap? nope. You know what you promote and you obviously don't even agree with yourself. How flippn odd is that? Dude, that is some kind of silly. What is the thread about? it is about climate fool. You obviously believe in CO2 and man's cause to changing climate. You're on here all the time promoting this lie. Now I have you saying the exact opposite. so much silliness.

Correct, show me. You made the assertion, back it up, Gummo.

What, can't do it? So you pulled it out of your ass. You can't document it because it doesn't exist.

Then you want to tell me "what I believe"...

:fu:

SMH...

Correct, show me. You made the assertion, back it up, Gummo.

What, can't do it? So you pulled it out of your ass. You can't document it because it doesn't exist.

Then you want to tell me "what I believe"...

:fu:

SMH...
what is it I have asserted? You have been in here with your claim. Now you deny you don't claim climate change. Holy crap you all are nuts.

You obviously believe in CO2 and man's cause to changing climate. You're on here all the time promoting this lie.

Link?

Didn't think so, loser.
are you denying your claim of climate change?

What claim is that, Tonto?

Still not seeing it.
again, so you're saying you've change your position that climate isn't changing?

What position is that to "change", Tonto?

Still not seeing it.

Wassamatta? Can't find it? Why not look where you got it...

9ebcab3ab4928bd6f534534f240344499022e9385f2cfb2f8f1800c7a9df128a.jpg

You obviously believe in CO2 and man's cause to changing climate. You're on here all the time promoting this lie.

Link?

Didn't think so, loser.

Still not seeing it.
again, so you're saying you've change your position that climate isn't changing?

Still not seeing it.

look what up? I know your position, if you wish to change, that's fine, just admit it.

Link?

Didn't think so, loser.

Still not seeing it.

Still not seeing it.

look what up? I know your position, if you wish to change, that's fine, just admit it.

And you "know" this position from WHERE, Tonto? What post? Just give me one. Anywhere, any time, any site.

Let's see it. Ain't got all week.
impatient.gif

Forum List

Back