Climate change 'tipping points' imminent

Wow. You guys are something. Twenty eight years of declining ice volume and you think ONE year is enough to say the trend has reversed. Why didn't the trend reverse in 82, 83, 86, 92, 94, 96, 97, 01 or 08? Ice volume increased every single one of those years. Yet where are we now?

About to bottom out.

Because there seems to be a 30 year cycle that we are now trending out of. I think there are far more variables to our climate than your simplistic "it's all CO2's fault" meme. I am making a prediction, something you fraudsters are deathly afraid of.. We'll see how accurate I am.

Be sure you review the Johnny Carson Karmak routine before you do this.. And have the natives agree to worship and obey your every wish should you make the ice reappear..
I hear it can be very rewarding if you don't end up in the tribal pot for dinner...
:eusa_whistle:

I'm not worried...:eusa_shhh:

Because there seems to be a 30 year cycle that we are now trending out of. I think there are far more variables to our climate than your simplistic "it's all CO2's fault" meme. I am making a prediction, something you fraudsters are deathly afraid of.. We'll see how accurate I am.

Be sure you review the Johnny Carson Karmak routine before you do this.. And have the natives agree to worship and obey your every wish should you make the ice reappear..
I hear it can be very rewarding if you don't end up in the tribal pot for dinner...
:eusa_whistle:

I'm not worried...:eusa_shhh:

I know you got the talent.. But I think you need a business manager.. Have your people call my people.. OK?
:cool:

Ive got proof ice was dissapearing just as fast just a couple years BFORE the 1979 start of those graphs..

Let's see your proof.

Bump your ass and go fetch.. Im out doing community service lighting 1000 luminary candles in a 15knot wind. Its beautiful...... Might keep the fire Dept busy tho.....

Got to telll ya Abe ---- A got a couple middle schoolers with mme that are real cllose to pulling up that chart info.. Think youre gonna lose this one.
Probably gave em too many clues already.

Ho Ho Ho and Oy Vey !!!!!!!

Let's see your proof.

Let's go back to the original post topic: Tipping Points.

Natural dynamic systems have this characteristic. All of them, as far as inspection can tell. One of the characteristics of natural dynamic system tipping points is that is impossible to determine when they will occur. So it is disingenuous for a true scientist to claim that a tipping point, either human or extra-human, is imminent. It is impossible to engage in a scientific measurement as such, which will make any distinction or prediction which is statistically valid.

The 'Chicken Little' parable was penned for a reason.

Last edited:
Let's see your proof.

Bump your ass and go fetch.. Im out doing community service lighting 1000 luminary candles in a 15knot wind. Its beautiful...... Might keep the fire Dept busy tho.....

Got to telll ya Abe ---- A got a couple middle schoolers with mme that are real cllose to pulling up that chart info.. Think youre gonna lose this one.

Let's see your proof.

You missed it Genius.. Went right by you.. But of course, you don't know what you're reading on this forum unless someone spoon feeds it to you..

Or it looked too hard and you're just here for a rumble..
A-Freaking-Mazing..
:lol:

Natural dynamic systems have this characteristic. All of them, as far as inspection can tell. One of the characteristics of natural dynamic system tipping points is that is impossible to determine when they will occur. So it is disingenuous for a true scientist to claim that a tipping point, either human or extra-human, is imminent. It is impossible to engage in a scientific measurement as such, which will make any distinction or prediction which is statistically valid.

Untrue.

The accuracy of your prediction is nonlinear but still goes to near certainty as the point itself approaches. Rainfall is a "tipping point" in a natural dynamic system. So are volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. All are predictable and the accuracy of those predictions increase with decreasing time and increased knowledge.

Untrue.

The accuracy of your prediction is nonlinear but still goes to near certainty as the point itself approaches. Rainfall is a "tipping point" in a natural dynamic system. So are volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. All are predictable and the accuracy of those predictions increase with decreasing time and increased knowledge.

So, within a one day window, you, or some other expert, can predict when San Francisco will have the next 8.0 earthquake.

Insurance companies await your prediction ...

Last edited:

Untrue.

So, you are claiming you can predict earthquakes and volcanic eruptions now too huh? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::cuckoo::cuckoo:

What a novel and refreshing suggestion that is !!!!!

The AGW folks have a problem. Several actually. But the biggest being that CO2 is only the "trigger mechanism" for the destruction of the climate. Man-Made CO2 itself is insuffient to destroy the Earth. True Story.. So like MOST skeptics -- I accept that the climate was (is) in a warming period and that CO2 plays a role (tho much more minor than the zealots want you to believe)..

Their Disaster Scenario depends on a "tipping point" set off by the trigger. What you said is TOTALLY correct that this is almost impossible to determine accurately. It's also hard to believe that we live on ticking time bomb that's survived with an atmosphere this long given what we know about climate history. :lol:

The AGW theory postulates feedbacks. Negative feedbacks are stablizing. Tend to ABSORB transients in excitations. Positive feedbacks lead to amplification and oscillation when the system is jolted with energy. The process of warming probably has both effects.

But if it were DOMINATED by the positive feedbacks that these clowns believe exist --- we never would have come out into and out of several Ice Ages and the serious jolts that this planet already has recieved. I believe (IMHO) they (the climate clowns) have seriously underestimated the Planets ability to benignly store MASSIVE amounts of heat (and cold actually) and sequester it out of the atmos/surface exchange. And that NEGATIVE feedbacks from heating dominate.

Last edited:

Untrue.

So, you are claiming you can predict earthquakes and volcanic eruptions now too huh?

Geologists do it routinely. And I assume you're familiar with the forecasting of weather. They have it on radio, TV and the internet. Have you ever seen it?

Untrue.

So, within a one day window, you, or some other expert, can predict when San Francisco will have the next 8.0 earthquake.

Insurance companies await your prediction ...

Anyone can predict anything they like. The question is whether or not they have any objective basis to do so. I notice that all of you skipped any mention of rainfall, yet it also suffers from commonly errant predictions.

The point is that predictions for tipping points in natural dynamic systems may be made with objective bases. Your statement, that such things are physically impossible no matter what knowledge one possesses, is patently untrue.

Let's see your proof.

You missed it Genius.. Went right by you.. But of course, you don't know what you're reading on this forum unless someone spoon feeds it to you..

A-Freaking-Mazing..

And he does it again. Dodging and weaving and avoiding answering and then claiming that he's already supplied the "proof" but never, ever actually doing so. See post #218.

Let's see your proof.

A-Freaking-Mazing..

Let's see your proof.

Untrue.

So, you are claiming you can predict earthquakes and volcanic eruptions now too huh?

Geologists do it routinely. And I assume you're familiar with the forecasting of weather. They have it on radio, TV and the internet. Have you ever seen it?

They do? Do tell. How about links to the last earthquake that was predicted.

So BOTH of u mental midgets missed it? HA It aint at 218 Tinkerbelle.. Try 220.

Youre reflexes are so retarded, everyone including me forgot what the challenge was.. But I know part of it was to show evidence of propaganda and some evidence of severe ice melt.. Tink already puked out some crap about satellite measurement of ice starting in 1979.. Thats wrong and part of the purposeful deception.

Last edited:

They do? Do tell. How about links to the last earthquake that was predicted.

Allow me to take wisdom from the feet of Master FlaCalTenn and tell you to go look it up yourself.

Are none of you familiar with the logic of falsification? Mr Sunshine claimed that it was physically impossible to predict a tipping point in a natural dynamic system. He's the one that went for absolutes. That allows me to tell him he's full of shit by presenting only a single instance. The last weather report you watched on mass media was my proof. Percy was flatout wrong. I'm done. If you don't like it, tough shit.

Forum List

Back