Climate Change Scare to replace COVID scare?

Ho-hum, more moral equivalency BS. Don't you get tired of having to resort to that?

My word. Are you suggesting both sides don't use this tactic?

Seems like you're trying to stop me talking about it, rather than speaking about reality.

At his rally in Ohio Saturday, April 23, 2022, former President Trump just said that the plan is to replace a waning COVID scare with climate change scare.

Is he right?

The Democrats have run out of steam on the whole Russia and racism thing. And as life continues to return to normal re COVID it isn't as useful to them anymore, the LGBT and CRT things aren't playing that well in Peoria, Russia vs the Ukraine isn't all that helpful, so they desperately need a new crisis to use. They need a good dog to wag to keep inflation, food and gas shortages, the tragedy of the border crisis, soaring violent crime etc. off the front pages and evening news.

Maybe an all-green military and all new cars must be electric by 2030 is the opening volley?
H.-L.-Mencken-Quotes-2.jpg

Hate to tell you conspiracy theorist types, but you're WAY behind if you think climate change is the new "scare du jour". Climate change/global warming has been around since the late 70s/early 80s. COVID didn't show up until around late 2019.
That is true and I've followed all of it fairly closely. But are you honestly going to say the Democrats would never dig up an old narrative, dust it off, and recycle it if they thought it would help them?

Biden said he wanted to make all military vehicles EV. I wonder how they're gonna recharge the battle tanks, 75 miles in the middle of nowhere during a blizzard? Or refuel B-52s and fighter planes at sea and long range missions? And what about ships and trains. Subway trains and streetcars run on electricity. That'll be a no no too.
I don't think they will ever be drawn into any rational discussion that includes details. It's the glitz of the narrative and never the reality of any consequences that they tend to use to influence public opinion.

Who else? Those who believe Hillary scrubbed her laptop?
Enviro wackos are the fanatics who buy into the thesis.

I don't believe for a minute that most Democrats or most 'climate scientists' for that matter believe all their narrative re global warning--their lifestyles, tactics, manipulations of data/facts pretty well affirm that they don't--but I think they'll push any narrative that they think will alarm, bother, persuade the electorate to keep them in power. As all their other narratives are falling apart around them, climate change may be all they really have left. And they still have a fairly compliant surrogate media all too willing to promote whatever they tell them the narrative is.

At his rally in Ohio Saturday, April 23, 2022, former President Trump just said that the plan is to replace a waning COVID scare with climate change scare.

Is he right?

The Democrats have run out of steam on the whole Russia and racism thing. And as life continues to return to normal re COVID it isn't as useful to them anymore, the LGBT and CRT things aren't playing that well in Peoria, Russia vs the Ukraine isn't all that helpful, so they desperately need a new crisis to use. They need a good dog to wag to keep inflation, food and gas shortages, the tragedy of the border crisis, soaring violent crime etc. off the front pages and evening news.

Maybe an all-green military and all new cars must be electric by 2030 is the opening volley?
I would say that prez Trump missed the target about another climate change scare. Considering that global warming(used to be called global cooling in the 60's thru the early 70's), climate change, the sky is falling or what ever the zany statist left dreams up in their fevered minds about the environment has all been debunked. Climategate did not help the plight of the statist left not to mention the many lists of failed predictions regarding impending climatic disaster. If the statist left elitists try to resurrect their climate gimmick AGAIN the statist left will lose all credibility as they will be preaching to their choir & that's it. Give the statist left enough rope & they will hang themselves every time. Take the time to read the below link which will get you giggling & shaking your head in disbelief!

I would say that prez Trump missed the target about another climate change scare. Considering that global warming(used to be called global cooling in the 60's thru the early 70's), climate change, the sky is falling or what ever the zany statist left dreams up in their fevered minds about the environment has all been debunked. Climategate did not help the plight of the statist left not to mention the many lists of failed predictions regarding impending climatic disaster. If the statist left elitists try to resurrect their climate gimmick AGAIN the statist left will lose all credibility as they will be preaching to their choir & that's it. Give the statist left enough rope & they will hang themselves every time. Take the time to read the below link which will get you giggling & shaking your head in disbelief!

You seem to assume that everybody looks at all the facts and data they can reasonably access and decides what to believe based on logic, reason and reliable information. Sadly, there is a large chunk of our society that does not do that and we no longer have an honest objective press that will inform them. Big business will utilize whatever incentives the government gives it no matter how expensive or inefficient. And it is wise not to underestimate what a politician is willing to push as important if he/she thinks it will benefit that politician.

President Trump gets it wrong now and then, but he has a pretty good sense of what is brewing in the political world.

Last edited:

Is he right?

The loons have been doing this for years.

My word. Are you suggesting both sides don't use this tactic?

Seems like you're trying to stop me talking about it, rather than speaking about reality.
No, but I would like you to stop using this tactic. Invalid arguments aren't reality.

The loons have been doing this for years.
We're all pretty much agreed on that, except a few among us don't seem to see it. But it's just like those telephone scammers that still use the same scams over and over and over. If it wasn't working with some people, they would stop doing it.

LOL. I wouldn't put it past them. I wonder how they'll neutralize all the world's plants that are exuding CO2 all night?

Several things here. Either (a) you don't understand what plants actually do, (b) you don't understand the definition of the word "exuding", or (c) you understand neither. Your post makes you sound like an idiot, so let me help you out.

First, the definition of "exuding".......................

exude

ex·ude | \ ig-ˈzüd \
exuded; exuding

Definition of exude

intransitive verb
1: to ooze out
2: to undergo diffusion
transitive verb
1: to cause to ooze or spread out in all directions
2: to display conspicuously or abundantly - exudes charm

Now, for how plants operate.......................

During daylight hours, plants take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen through photosynthesis, and at night only about half that carbon is then released through respiration.

However, plants still remain a net carbon sink, meaning they absorb more than they emit.

"Currently, around 25 per cent of carbon emissions from the use of fossil fuels is being taken up and stored by plants, which is good, as it helps reduce the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere," ANU researcher Owen Atkin said.

"Our work suggests that this positive contribution of plants may decline in the future as they begin to respire more as the world warms."

While plants may exude more CO2 at night, they still exude more oxygen and therefore are a "carbon sink", meaning they take in more CO2 than they emit. Knowing that plants take in CO2 and emit oxygen is something that is taught in elementary science class.

Several things here. Either (a) you don't understand what plants actually do, (b) you don't understand the definition of the word "exuding", or (c) you understand neither. Your post makes you sound like an idiot, so let me help you out.

exude

ex·ude | \ ig-ˈzüd \
exuded; exuding

Definition of exude

intransitive verb
transitive verb

During daylight hours, plants take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen through photosynthesis, and at night only about half that carbon is then released through respiration.

However, plants still remain a net carbon sink, meaning they absorb more than they emit.

"Currently, around 25 per cent of carbon emissions from the use of fossil fuels is being taken up and stored by plants, which is good, as it helps reduce the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere," ANU researcher Owen Atkin said.

"Our work suggests that this positive contribution of plants may decline in the future as they begin to respire more as the world warms."

While plants may exude more CO2 at night, they still exude more oxygen and therefore are a "carbon sink", meaning they take in more CO2 than they emit. Knowing that plants take in CO2 and emit oxygen is something that is taught in elementary science class.

And yet the climate alarmists think that man's paltry addition to the global CO2 budget, less than 5% of the total, is somehow magically responsible for climate change.

Funny that.....

I don't think there's any doubt that the democrats will run on the climate change issue and tell people we gotta spend all this money or we're all gonna drown in the next 10 years kinda stuff. Like we haven't heard this crap for the past 40 years or so, somebody tell me if Florida is under water yet.

I think they'll talk about voting rights and how they tried to save American democracy but the evil GOP blocked it. Probably mention the 'insurrection' once or twice.

I think they'll talk about minimum wage and how great that would help the economy. (It won't)

I think they'll talk about education and how we should cancel out student debt.

I think they'll talk about the Build Back Better Bill as the answer to inflation and more jobs. (It isn't)

I think they'll talk about taxing the rich more (their fair share). I'm pretty sure they can't raise taxes enough on the rich to pay for the GND.

I think at some point Biden will accept whatever deal the Iranians offer to get a new Iran no-nukes deal. Make no mistake, the deal will not deter the Iranians one bit from reaching their goal of getting nuclear weapons, but we'll be the new biggest sponsor of state terrorism after we send more planeloads of cash to the mullahs and ayatollahs.

I think there's a fair chance we're headed for a recession soon, as the Fed increases interest rates. Stagflation might be in our future.

exude

ex·ude | \ ig-ˈzüd \
exuded; exuding

Definition of exude

intransitive verb
transitive verb

Setting aside your thoughtful and polite comments (cough) disallowing me some light humor, please tell how what I said is in any way contradicted by what you posted?

"To exude is to give off small amounts, usually of liquids or gases, through small openings, such as pores. Think of how you exude sweat after a workout." Exude - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms

"...Professor Owen Atkin from ANU said the study revealed that the release of carbon dioxide by plant respiration around the world is up to 30 per cent higher than previously predicted.

He said the carbon dioxide released by plants every year was now estimated to be about 10 to 11 times the emissions from human activities, rather than the previous estimate of five to eight times...."

And the topic is actually how those in power will or may try to use all manner of ridiculous concepts based on 'climate change' to frighten us, control us. And some who are not sufficiently informed will allow them to do it.

Last edited:

Is he right?

Forum List

Back