Climate change leads to Thames drying up

This is pretty grim. Our next PM is beholden to the crazy deniers in the party so this will get worse.

"We de facto redistribute the world’s wealth due to climate politics. That the owners of coal and oil are not enthusiastic about this is obvious. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate politics is environmental politics." --IPCC

First the seal levels were going to cause the Thames to rise and flood out London.... Now Goebbels warmercoolering is going to dry up the Thames.

aa8c5f3c1958d560fa7acbdeb24aad62.jpg

Last edited:
We're battling not only the same political ignorance, but the same kind of rivers drying up and slowly disappearing.
There is a group within the ruling party. They are backing truss abd she cant afford to piss thm off.
Its the same old story of big oil and coal buying politicians.
Add fracking to that list.
Self interest killing the planet.

This is pretty grim. Our next PM is beholden to the crazy deniers in the party so this will get worse.
tommy, do you know that you blame all your problems on someone or something else other than yourself, this is a cry for some one else to fix for you whatever it is that's broken...we discourage that here, we have deserts that are doing better than you guys....
but I hope everything works out for ya

If she doesn't put in everything she can it will be time for more people to protest and bring the country to a standstill until she does. The IPCC says if we are still using the same amount of fossil fuel in 7/8 years we will be unable to avoid the worst of climate change. The worst includes human extinction.

If she doesn't put in everything she can it will be time for more people to protest and bring the country to a standstill until she does. The IPCC says if we are still using the same amount of fossil fuel in 7/8 years we will be unable to avoid the worst of climate change. The worst includes human extinction.
Look at the tories voting for her. People like |Steve Baker. They are either climate deniers or well paid oil people. Or both. I think it will get a lot worse very quickly.

Well we are getting all your water. Crazy intense rainfall for last few hours in Virginia. Got rerouted by street flooding 5 times in a normal 7.5 mile trip home from work. Tried dashing into a shopping center and almost floated away. Barely got out of the water the car got so bogged down. By the number of gysers I saw of water shooting out of storm drains instead of disappearing into them, we need to really upgrade our subterranean infrastructure.

Well we are getting all your water. Crazy intense rainfall for last few hours in Virginia. Got rerouted by street flooding 5 times in a normal 7.5 mile trip home from work. Tried dashing into a shopping center and almost floated away. Barely got out of the water the car got so bogged down. By the number of gysers I saw of water shooting out of storm drains instead of disappearing into them, we need to really upgrade our subterranean infrastructure.
I read an article a while back blaming the amount of tarmacced land leading to flooding. Water that would just disappea now has nowhere to go. Houses built on flood plains is another one. Plastic grass.

Everything seems to be extreme at the moment.

I read an article a while back blaming the amount of tarmacced land leading to flooding. Water that would just disappea now has nowhere to go. Houses built on flood plains is another one. Plastic grass.

Everything seems to be extreme at the moment.

The plastic grass thing amuses me. That is more a British small yard thing and a arid western US thing where people get paid to remove lawns to conserve water.

My rain gauge clocked in 4.45 inches of rain yesterday, which would be about 11 and a third centimeters in your part of the world.

Hardscaping is a general problem particularly in urban America and our massive parking lots, but around here it is mostly just the lack of carrying capacity for storm drain systems. Continuing to add more basins to the same diameter line works okay when you have drizzles, but when you have lashing rain events, the system gets overwhelmed quite quickly. Governments like to work on the cheap even on high dollar projects. There is no incentive yet to dig up a thousand miles of drain pipes just to install bigger ones, bury it again, and then have to repave over the top of it. In the meantime, they will keep adding more catch basins to the 150 year old system and pray it works okay enough most days.

Forum List

Back