Classified documents discovered at Mike Pence’s home in Indiana

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Close aides to Mike Pence discovered about a dozen classified-marked documents stored in boxes at his home in Indiana last week and turned over the materials to the US justice department, according to a top adviser to the former vice-president.

The documents were inadvertently taken to Pence’s home at the end of the Donald Trump administration and Pence was unaware of their presence, his representative to the National Archives and former counsel Greg Jacob said in a letter.

The presence of sensitive papers in Pence’s home, weeks after similar discoveries at Biden’s properties and after the FBI seized hundreds of classified-marked documents from Donald Trump, also raises more questions about the management of sensitive government records.

Special counsels have been appointed to investigate Biden and Trump over the retention of such documents.

Jacob said in the letter, dated 18 January and first reported by CNN, that Pence hired an outside lawyer to search his home out of an abundance of caution after the discovery of classified-marked documents at Biden’s residence and a private office in Washington.

The letter added that the lawyer could not specify anything more about the documents – including the content, dates and classification level, which remain unclear – because he stopped looking as soon he saw the classified markings.

How do Trump Humpes, Republicans, right wingers, conservatives, etc. feel about classified documents being found at Pence's house?

Did Pence declassify these documents?

Are the Republicans in the House going to call for an investigation into these classified documents?

Let the hypocrisy begin.

Close aides to Mike Pence discovered about a dozen classified-marked documents stored in boxes at his home in Indiana last week and turned over the materials to the US justice department, according to a top adviser to the former vice-president.

The documents were inadvertently taken to Pence’s home at the end of the Donald Trump administration and Pence was unaware of their presence, his representative to the National Archives and former counsel Greg Jacob said in a letter.

The presence of sensitive papers in Pence’s home, weeks after similar discoveries at Biden’s properties and after the FBI seized hundreds of classified-marked documents from Donald Trump, also raises more questions about the management of sensitive government records.

Special counsels have been appointed to investigate Biden and Trump over the retention of such documents.

Jacob said in the letter, dated 18 January and first reported by CNN, that Pence hired an outside lawyer to search his home out of an abundance of caution after the discovery of classified-marked documents at Biden’s residence and a private office in Washington.

The letter added that the lawyer could not specify anything more about the documents – including the content, dates and classification level, which remain unclear – because he stopped looking as soon he saw the classified markings.

How do Trump Humpes, Republicans, right wingers, conservatives, etc. feel about classified documents being found at Pence's house?

Did Pence declassify these documents?

Are the Republicans in the House going to call for an investigation into these classified documents?

Let the hypocrisy begin.
I'm sure they were planted by Joe's hitmen. Pence is beyond reproach...Look, I'm sure many Presidents and Vice-Presidents have done this. Some because of concealing records that could harm them like proving Joe Biden is the Big Guy who used his power and influence as VP to make capital gains on Hunter's business dealings with Ukraine and China. The real challenge with Democrats is how the DOJ, Garland and the FBI handled the Trump and Biden actions. It's clear Trump was politically singled out while Biden is being covered by Garland and the FBI-DOJ. Let's also realize that Biden also has classified documents from when he was in the Senate prior to becoming the VP candidate. Hmmm...I wonder if Biden had something on the clean cut well spoken black man who would become President and that guy had no choice but to have Biden as his running mate. This snafu gets even better all the time!!! :auiqs.jpg:

I'm sure they were planted by Joe's hitmen. Pence is beyond reproach...Look, I'm sure many Presidents and Vice-Presidents have done this. Some because of concealing records that could harm them like proving Joe Biden is the Big Guy who used his power and influence as VP to make capital gains on Hunter's business dealings with Ukraine and China. The real challenge with Democrats is how the DOJ, Garland and the FBI handled the Trump and Biden actions. It's clear Trump was politically singled out while Biden is being covered by Garland and the FBI-DOJ. Let's also realize that Biden also has classified documents from when he was in the Senate prior to becoming the VP candidate. Hmmm...I wonder if Biden had something on the clean cut well spoken black man who would become President and that guy had no choice but to have Biden as his running mate. This snafu gets even better all the time!!! :auiqs.jpg:
Yea that's it, somebody planted them in Pence's house. It always comes back to Hunter Biden. Talk about a hypocrite.

So it was a big deal for Trump, NO DEAL for Biden and now it's a Big Deal for Pence.....what am I missing here???

I suggest FULL AND TRANSPARENT investigations of all there.

Trump's is easy; not guilty of anything improper let alone illegal.

Let the fun begin!!!

Greg

That Pence and Biden reported it and returned the documents?

:dunno:
Trump told Nara he had loads of docs; sorting out ownership etc; he had NO Declassified docs. That IS the court case of course. The other two; PROBLEMATIC!!!!

Greg

I'm sure they were planted by Joe's hitmen. Pence is beyond reproach...Look, I'm sure many Presidents and Vice-Presidents have done this. Some because of concealing records that could harm them like proving Joe Biden is the Big Guy who used his power and influence as VP to make capital gains on Hunter's business dealings with Ukraine and China. The real challenge with Democrats is how the DOJ, Garland and the FBI handled the Trump and Biden actions. It's clear Trump was politically singled out while Biden is being covered by Garland and the FBI-DOJ. Let's also realize that Biden also has classified documents from when he was in the Senate prior to becoming the VP candidate. Hmmm...I wonder if Biden had something on the clean cut well spoken black man who would become President and that guy had no choice but to have Biden as his running mate. This snafu gets even better all the time!!!

Wow, only a Mormon could believe in a fantasy like this. So Biden's people planted these documents in sealed boxes two years ago knowing that.

1) They would find boxes with a few documents at Biden's house.
2) That they would self-disclose rather than just shred them (both Biden and Pence).

Trump told Nara he had loads of docs; sorting out ownership etc; he had NO Declassified docs. That IS the court case of course. The other two; PROBLEMATIC!!!!

Greg
Trump told NARA nothing. NARA discovered it was missing docs and had to ask Trump to return them. Trump finally returned some and claimed it was all. It wasn’t. In the process of sorting they discovered classified material. Trump did not allow a search of his properties for more documents that NARA had listed as missing. Trump ignored a subpeona.

Trump first claimed he had no classified material, then he said they were his personal papers, they were planted, then that he had magically declassified them.

…and you don’t think this is problematic :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back