Clash of Civilizations

.... they did implement bits and pieces of their cultures into the whole of America rather than clinging to their former homes singular culture. .

They brought and clung to as much of their home culture as they could. The process of assimilation took some time - longer than it does now.

they did not want to "go home" because America was their home. They taught their children to speak only English and learn American ways rather than their fo.

Many of them did go home. You're an ignorant fool.

Not so much, might want to look at just how hated and despised the Irish were all through the several waves of mass immigration from there. People were certain that all kinds of bad things would occur from catholic insurrection to crime waves to leprechaun suicide bombers (not really) but you see my point. In the long run it makes no difference, a free society breeds free people and making laws and putting up barriers makes no difference except to take away freedom from a free society.

Your take on history is skewered by your political correctness...........America was founded by people seeking religious freedom which was practically non-existent in a Europe dominated by popery and English replicas of it.

Our forefathers feared Catholicism with good reason.

There is no such thing as ‘political correctness.’ It’s a myth contrived by the authoritarian right.

Political Correctness is all too real; practised by the authoritarian left to stifle each and every opinion that conflicts with their smug and narrow world view.

And yes, they fought for their freedom that they found in America.

Contrast the above scenario with the sort of immigrants this nation is now overwhelmed with.

Today's immigrants fight for America just as their predecessors did. You're an ignorant fool.

I don't think we are going through as clash of civilizations as much as the birth of a new one.

Do explain. You don't need to go into too much detail, but assume I will understand what you're talking about so as to save time for yourself when you reply. All too often I have trouble with a few people who need me to feed them a dictionary or simplify my responses (Which makes them very long.)

Well....that must be because you are uncommon and all.

Whichever you would like. And what is nasty about them?

I think American "Culture" is far more nasty.

Do Gypsies count as white? And Greeks have been a nasty bunch, especially their political culture. Indeed, they seem to be regressive. Of course, American Culture is regressing as well and it is wholly self imposed.

Gypsies, white? LOL

Eastern Europeans hate gypsies, rightfully so. They need to go back to the Indian subcontinent they came from.

Greece built the foundations for western society. Yes, they were looted by Goldman Sachs, the IMF, and their political lackeys on the "left" and "right", but that doesn't make Greece nasty, that makes their ruling class nasty. The Greek culture is a organic culture, based in a long history and and a common bond shared in blood. Unfortunately, America has lost these things over the years, if they ever had them to begin with.

I like how you call Americans "they".

Whichever you would like. And what is nasty about them?

I think American "Culture" is far more nasty.

Do Gypsies count as white? And Greeks have been a nasty bunch, especially their political culture. Indeed, they seem to be regressive. Of course, American Culture is regressing as well and it is wholly self imposed.
I think you're confusing culture with economic incompetence in the case of Greece. Eastern European cultures were strongly effected by years of communist rule but that is waning. I would hold either of those superior to most third-world culture including many which comprise American culture today.

To what extent is Greek culture influenced by the very long period of Ottoman rule? I have heard it suggested that Greece never quite recovered.

I think you're confusing culture with economic incompetence in the case of Greece. Eastern European cultures were strongly effected by years of communist rule but that is waning. I would hold either of those superior to most third-world culture including many which comprise American culture today.

To what extent is Greek culture influenced by the very long period of Ottoman rule? I have heard it suggested that Greece never quite recovered.
Considering 300 to 400 years of occupation depending on the area, Greek culture was relatively unscathed. Religion, more than anything else preserved almost all aspects of Greek culture. Turkish influence is strongest is food and music, but a strong sense of identity kept Greek culture intact.

Last edited:
Multiculturalism became national policy sometime ago...........how that happened should be understood.............the American People were never allow to vote on or approve such an agenda...it was pushed through in a underhanded manner by liberal academics, politicians and so forth to the point where now anyone who attempts to question the wisdom of such a policy is automatically demonized as racist.

But America is hardly alone in this 'Class of Civilizations' and 'Cultural Wars'

Let us look at what is happening in France.........................Interview: French Philosopher Finkielkraut on Muslims and Integration - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Same thing is happening to Sweden.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4KgC-vuaJA]Muslim Immigration Destroying Sweden - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah..don't you wish brown people would let us murder, rape, pillage and oppress them more quietly?

Your take on history is skewered by your political correctness...........America was founded by people seeking religious freedom which was practically non-existent in a Europe dominated by popery and English replicas of it.

Yet in hindsight nothing untoward happened did it? The Irish became regular old Americans and an asset to our nation in spite of the discrimination. Bad example on your part.

I have nothing against the Irish. You are attempting to trot out a red herring.

Bullshit! Everything you have said about the present immigrants was said about the Irish.
And the Germans. And the Poles and other East Europeans. And each group enriched our culture.

European immigrants made up the great and overwhelming majoirty of our immigrants up to 1965 when LBJ rammed through a radical change in our immigration policy that for the first time allowed third world immigrants to come here in huge numbers...not even to mention all the illegal immigrants from 3rd world nations that were allowed to slip in.........European immigrants brought with them a similr religious belief, were well educated and had job skills.... they did implement bits and pieces of their cultures into the whole of America rather than clinging to their former homes singular culture. They were proud to become Americans, they did not want to "go home" because America was their home. They taught their children to speak only English and learn American ways rather than their former ways. They dressed as Americans, ate American food, bought American products, learned and celebrated American holidays. And yes, they fought for their freedom that they found in America. Because American culture's foundation is freedom

Contrast the above scenario with the sort of immigrants this nation is now overwhelmed with.

This is not rocket science folks..............the problem being the White Working Class is not politially astute....they are watching sports as their class is being preyed on and systmatically destroyed.

Not so much, might want to look at just how hated and despised the Irish were all through the several waves of mass immigration from there. People were certain that all kinds of bad things would occur from catholic insurrection to crime waves to leprechaun suicide bombers (not really) but you see my point. In the long run it makes no difference, a free society breeds free people and making laws and putting up barriers makes no difference except to take away freedom from a free society.

Nevertheless, Protestants and Catholics are both CHRISTIANS. And in spite of some idiotic arguments to the contrary, so are Mormons.

There never was such an unbridgeable divide between different Christians as there is between Muslims and every other faith in the world. All such differences have been - for the most part - resolved. No Christian advocates spreading the faith by murder, no other religion promotes lying to achieve goals, like Islam does.

Religious diversity is commendable until jet planes are flown into buildings.

Multiculturalism became national policy sometime ago...........how that happened should be understood.............the American People were never allow to vote on or approve such an agenda...it was pushed through in a underhanded manner by liberal academics, politicians and so forth to the point where now anyone who attempts to question the wisdom of such a policy is automatically demonized as racist.

But America is hardly alone in this 'Class of Civilizations' and 'Cultural Wars'

Let us look at what is happening in France.........................Interview: French Philosopher Finkielkraut on Muslims and Integration - SPIEGEL ONLINE

American has been a clash of civilizations since long before the USA was founded.

If you think this is something new you need to read your American history in depth.

Xenophobia is a human trait, one of our uglier one, I might add.

Nevertheless, Protestants and Catholics are both CHRISTIANS. And in spite of some idiotic arguments to the contrary, so are Mormons.

There never was such an unbridgeable divide between different Christians as there is between Muslims and every other faith in the world. All such differences have been - for the most part - resolved. No Christian advocates spreading the faith by murder, no other religion promotes lying to achieve goals, like Islam does.

The Calvinists and Anglicans of 17th century England would like a word with you.
So would the Spanish Inquisition.
As would peaceful Muslims.

[MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION] bolded I'd argue that EVERY religion promotes lying to achieve their goals, but I suppose that's for a different thread.

Gypsies, white? LOL

Eastern Europeans hate gypsies, rightfully so. They need to go back to the Indian subcontinent they came from.

Greece built the foundations for western society. Yes, they were looted by Goldman Sachs, the IMF, and their political lackeys on the "left" and "right", but that doesn't make Greece nasty, that makes their ruling class nasty. The Greek culture is a organic culture, based in a long history and and a common bond shared in blood. Unfortunately, America has lost these things over the years, if they ever had them to begin with.

I like how you call Americans "they".
Don't feel like an American to be honest. And I am actually a 10th generation American, sad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4KgC-vuaJA]Muslim Immigration Destroying Sweden - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah..don't you wish brown people would let us murder, rape, pillage and oppress them more quietly?

The "brown people" are the ones almost exclusively doing the murdering, raping and pillaging in Sweden. Sweden isn't oppressing them, quite the opposite. They are giving them very generous affirmative action and welfare programs, and this is the way the Muslims repay them for the generosity.

European immigrants made up the great and overwhelming majoirty of our immigrants up to 1965 when LBJ rammed through a radical change in our immigration policy that for the first time allowed third world immigrants to come here in huge numbers...not even to mention all the illegal immigrants from 3rd world nations that were allowed to slip in.

I see. Let's see how the NATIVES felt about radical changes in our immigration policy:

"In late 1875, Sioux and Cheyenne Indians defiantly left their reservations, outraged over the continued intrusions of whites into their sacred lands in the Black Hills. They gathered in Montana with the great warrior Sitting Bull to fight for their lands. The following spring, two victories over the US Cavalry emboldened them to fight on in the summer of 1876."

I know, I know they were Injuns , so they had no rights the white folks had to recognize.

The Calvinists and Anglicans of 17th century England would like a word with you.
So would the Spanish Inquisition.
As would peaceful Muslims.

[MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION] bolded I'd argue that EVERY religion promotes lying to achieve their goals, but I suppose that's for a different thread.

What I said and what you bolded is in the PRESENT tense. I never said that Catholics never lied. The Catholic Church outgrew its tendencies which describe present day Islam, peaceful :)doubt:) or otherwise.

How does this connect to the video I posted? And us? You aren't well traveled are you?

European immigrants made up the great and overwhelming majoirty of our immigrants up to 1965 when LBJ rammed through a radical change in our immigration policy that for the first time allowed third world immigrants to come here in huge numbers...not even to mention all the illegal immigrants from 3rd world nations that were allowed to slip in.

I see. Let's see how the NATIVES felt about radical changes in our immigration policy:

"In late 1875, Sioux and Cheyenne Indians defiantly left their reservations, outraged over the continued intrusions of whites into their sacred lands in the Black Hills. They gathered in Montana with the great warrior Sitting Bull to fight for their lands. The following spring, two victories over the US Cavalry emboldened them to fight on in the summer of 1876."

I know, I know they were Injuns , so they had no rights the white folks had to recognize.

Yes they were savages who's cultures were not compatible to ours. They got wiped out because their cultures were weak and un-advanced. How does this deviate from any other cultures in the history of the world? It doesn't. But according to leftists we own the monopoly on terror. Although, they were already fighting amongst themselves wiping out full enemy tribes well before the white man arrived. How about you hold the white man to the same standard? Why must it always be the victor that gets the blame?

Now, should we adopt the same immigration policy that lead to the demise of the Indians? NO!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back