Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal

Nope. His wife’s political expressions don’t amount to any valid reason for the jurist to recuse himself.
It's more than political expressions -- what it is connected to. The wife of Justice Thomas is involved in some things, and it will all come out in the court cases. Looks to me like she skirted the law(s). That's not a crime in and of itself, but she is the wife of a US Supreme Court Justice.

The court needs to maintain the highest ethical standard so as to prevent even the perception of bias

Thomas does not do that
Shouldn't you apply this same standard to Joe Biden and the perception of corrupt influence peddling for profit in China and Ukraine?

Do you know what the case is/was going to decide? Eastman doesn't get a walk from the recusal. I asked you what you claim he was going to walk on.

Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal​

On the basis that 6 justices on the court are aligned with him politically and it only takes 5 to rule in his favor.

It's more than political expressions -- what it is connected to. The wife of Justice Thomas is involved in some things, and it will all come out in the court cases. Looks to me like she skirted the law(s). That's not a crime in and of itself, but she is the wife of a US Supreme Court Justice.
Not a word of that post is supported.

Not a word of that post is supported.
Put your head in the sand on this. What will come out during trials will shock most Americans. And I'm not just speaking to what the Justice's wife was involved in.

Many of the defendants would be better off pleading out, avoiding/preventing trials.

Shouldn't you apply this same standard to Joe Biden and the perception of corrupt influence peddling for profit in China and Ukraine?
There is ample evidence of Clarence Thomas being ethically compromised

You still haven’t been able to produce any on Joe Biden

DudleySmith You believe my comments to be amusing? I usually don't deal in caricatures when in a serious discussion:

Do you know any of this, or are you totally focused on the personal attacks? I understand the ethical issues now raised, but I suspect your views of exactly who and what Justice Thomas is, is warped.

Hon. Robert S. Smith: https://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/files/upload_documents/ecm_pro_064794.pdf

You gimps really think people should take your BS seriously. lol

Put your head in the sand on this. What will come out during trials will shock most Americans. And I'm not just speaking to what the Justice's wife was involved in.

Many of the defendants would be better off pleading out, avoiding/preventing trials.
Zzz

You are simply predisposed to believe the claim of the partisan policing attack dogs.

Justice Thomas and his wife have nothing to do with any of that crap.

WASHINGTON — Conservative Justice Clarence Thomas for the first time recused himself from a case involving the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by then-President Donald Trump's supporters as the Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal brought by former Trump legal adviser John Eastman.
NBC News
NBC News
Follow

Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal​

Hmm...

Big Big Yuge Bigly News: Trump and His Lawyers Appeals Keep Falling on Deaf Ears @ the SCOTUS. Did Eastman try flattering Justice Thomas, mistakenly believing that all the Biggies in Power are susceptible to flattery? I believe there is some truth to that argument, as Eastman got close to Trump through flattery.

It is a miracle

Eastman is toast. Thomas had to recuse because of his wife's emails are in there as well. Ginny might need a lawyer.

A recusal means that his vote wasn’t necessary. Eastman will walk.

Wait! He did the right thing????? :eek:

Thomas is already feeling the heat from his unethical associations. Not recusing himself would have increased the temperature.

It is at least a sign that the revelations of investigative groups like ProPublica has had real impact on the court as a whole, and made Republican-supported Supreme Court judges like Thomas feel — for the first time — less arrogant and free to act corruptly.

It is certainly true that judges historically don’t always vote “party line” on issues. Trump’s three appointed judges will likely disappoint his crazies on some issues. They are “ideological” in different ways, and mostly dedicated to corporate capitalism. Most of them would have probably been appointed by ANY Republican administration, as their names were in fact put forward by The Federalist Society. They are not really loyal to “Trump Party” authoritarianism. Judge Thomas is probably the most cynical of them all, and with his wife is probably the most outrageous and the most corrupt — but time may prove me wrong.
Thomas did the right thing and recused himself for conflict of interest like ShitLord leftist judges never do. :rolleyes-41:

WASHINGTON — Conservative Justice Clarence Thomas for the first time recused himself from a case involving the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by then-President Donald Trump's supporters as the Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal brought by former Trump legal adviser John Eastman.
NBC News
NBC News
Follow

Hmm...

Big Big Yuge Bigly News: Trump and His Lawyers Appeals Keep Falling on Deaf Ears @ the SCOTUS. Did Eastman try flattering Justice Thomas, mistakenly believing that all the Biggies in Power are susceptible to flattery? I believe there is some truth to that argument, as Eastman got close to Trump through flattery.
Terrible news for those who admire learned and disciplined men
like John Eastman who are under the thumbs of those woke
authoritarians causing purposeful mayhem.Just one more shoe falling
in a terrible turn of wokism run amuck.
Clarence Thomas was merely trying to preserve himself from
further woke nonsense by these gutter scum who have hijacked
our legal system and due process.

Zzz

You are simply predisposed to believe the claim of the partisan policing attack dogs.

Justice Thomas and his wife have nothing to do with any of that crap.
Really? The wife of Justice Thomas is on the record:

“She had conversations [with] and was messaging John Eastman. We have questions about that,” said panel member Rep. Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.).

Terrible news for those who admire learned and disciplined men
like John Eastman who are under the thumbs of those woke
authoritarians causing purposeful mayhem.Just one more shoe falling
in a terrible turn of wokism run amuck.
Clarence Thomas was merely trying to preserve himself from
further woke nonsense by these gutter scum who have hijacked
our legal system and due process.
Eastman became a hack long ago. It happens. He like Giuliani became a laughing stock to former friends and allies.

Forum List

Back