Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman's appeal

The posts were clear. You just have that dis-ease f hearing what it is you think people are saying, as opposed to what they are actually saying. One only has to click back a few posts and it's all there.
Nope. It is more proper to refer to a justice as a justice. But lots of people revert to calling them ”judge” from time to time.

It’s amusing to watch your quibbling. It’s a tell. I hope you don’t play poker.

DudleySmith You believe my comments to be amusing? I usually don't deal in caricatures when in a serious discussion:

Do you know any of this, or are you totally focused on the personal attacks? I understand the ethical issues now raised, but I suspect your views of exactly who and what Justice Thomas is, is warped.

Hon. Robert S. Smith: https://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/files/upload_documents/ecm_pro_064794.pdf

Thanks for these links! I tried to read them all but the paywalled NY Times and The Atlantic articles stopped me. The analysis of Justice Thomas’s views as being partly based on an underlying cynicism about racism ever being eliminated — a kind of conservative “black nationalism” / black entrepreneurial capitalist ethos — is interesting and makes sense to me. The man is certainly complex … and bitter.

I think Justice Thomas may be an enigma to the U.S. public as a jurist, and yet have his own personal “ideology” and grounds for cynicism, but at another level he seems just another corruptible conservative hypocrite. The criticism & humiliation he suffered during his nomination debate may have effected him like Obama’s and the Establishment’s early ridicule of Trump effected him. Justice Thomas, however, is certainly a far more educated man than our aggrieved, bitter, and ignorant ex-President Donald Trump.

Last edited:
Not true.
The End

The title "Judge" is not used for Supreme Court Justices.

Nope. It is more proper to refer to a justice as a justice. But lots of people revert to calling them ”judge” from time to time.

It’s amusing to watch your quibbling. It’s a tell. I hope you don’t play poker.
'Bigly' triggered you and now innocently correcting you referring to Supreme Court Justices as Judge?

Quiet time for you

Thanks for these links! I tried to read them all but the paywalled NY Times and The Atlantic articles stopped me. The analysis of Justice Thomas’s views as being partly based on an underlying cynicism about racism ever being eliminated — a kind of conservative “black nationalism” / black entrepreneurial capitalist ethos — is interesting and makes sense to me. The man is certainly complex … and bitter.

I think Justice Thomas may be an enigma to the U.S. public as a jurist, and yet have his own personal “ideology” and grounds for cynicism, but at another level he seems just another corruptible conservative hypocrite. The criticism he bore during his nomination may have effected him like Obama’s and the Establishment’s early ridicule of Trump effected him. Justice Thomas, however, is probably far more interesting and educated than, e.g., our aggrieved, bitter, and far more ignorant ex-President Donald Trump.

I believe the case of Senator Menedez would refute the idea that corruptibility is a flaw conservatives have an exclusive hold on.

The End

The title "Judge" is not used for Supreme Court Justices.

Your efforts to quibble are amusing. Off topic, as is so often the case with you, but amusing.

I won’t belabor this as much as you seek to. I’ll just note that although it is often validly mocked as being unofficial and less than reliable as a cited source (which I agree with), nevertheless even Wikipedia summarizes how wrong you are:

The Constitution of the Inited States of America, Arricle III, Section 1 says,

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Yep. Even the Constitution, itself, refers to “Judges” of the Supreme Court.

I guess Dante will hurry back to concede the point and maybe get back on topic, now?

'Bigly' triggered you and now innocently correcting you referring to Supreme Court Justices as Judge?

Quiet time for you
Bigly didn’t trigger me. I merely highlighted how slavishly devoted to your mistake you are. And your petulance me confirms it.

And I have already corrected your mistake about how sometimes Justices are referred to as “Judges.”

I guess it’s bedtime for Bonzo. You’re the chimp. 😎

Big Big Yuge Bigly News: Trump and His Lawyers Appeals Keep Falling on Deaf Ears @ the SCOTUS. Did Eastman try flattering Justice Thomas, mistakenly believing that all the Biggies in Power are susceptible to flattery? I believe there is some truth to that argument, as Eastman got close to Trump through flattery.
Good God, you're dense.
Here's a hint as to why he recused himself, Dumte:
Eastman, who had served as a law clerk to the justice

Because you say so? That means nothing at all. You snowflakes just get more pathetic by the day with your ceaseless whining about anyone who doesn't parrot your worldview.
At Thomas' confirmation hearing, he stated he had not formulated his position on Roe v Wade. After that, Democrats do what they always do to anyone questioning abortion. They tore him down in the press and accused him of making 'unwelcome sexual comments.' They found a lackey (Anita Hill) to bring charges of 'sexual harassment) against him. She did this after Thomas promoted another woman over her. Joe Biden was pressured to re open the hearing as a result. Yeah Biden was fucking the country even then and showing how much of a racist he really is.

Forum List

Back