Civilised?

I

Indofred

It's common on here for non white, non Christian people to be described as uncivilised.
Perhaps the right wing would like to comment on the level of morality and civilisation displayed by these white Americas, watching a public hanging, carried out by a drunk.
Are these white Americans reasonable people, and is it morally reasonable to take your kids to a hanging?

16024575759_a00470263e.jpg

It's common on here for non white, non Christian people to be described as uncivilised.
Perhaps the right wing would like to comment on the level of morality and civilisation displayed by these white Americas, watching a public hanging, carried out by a drunk.
Are these white Americans reasonable people, and is it morally reasonable to take your kids to a hanging?

I have no problem with public hangings in the town square.

-Geaux

Yes, Muslims were much humane in stoning women to death in public stadiums for adultery a mere 15 years ago. The modern method, which they like to film and distribute seems to be beheadings.

It is the parents that decide what they think is good for the kids, not society in general, and this is another reason why I'm against television by the way.

and this is another reason why I'm against television by the way.

Ah, a point of general agreement.
The vast majority of TV is utter rubbish, much of it being totally unsuitable for kids.
Spongebob is disgusting stuff, and why do so many kids programs think it's acceptable to swear in front of kids?
Freaking this, sucks that - all these programs are total crap, but still designed for kids.

The vast majority of TV is utter rubbish, much of it being totally unsuitable for kids.
Spongebob is disgusting stuff, and why do so many kids programs think it's acceptable to swear in front of kids?
Freaking this, sucks that - all these programs are total crap, but still designed for kids.
I couldn't agree more, I won't accept TV in my home, but there are so many media-connected devices that I'll rather let my kid work and save to the day he or she could buy their own mobile, computer, tablet, or whatever.

These people are incomplete humans.

Why the fuck does tv need to be "for kids"? You tv haters are weirdos. Get a grip. You clearly have no idea whats on tv, otherwise you wouldt say the "vast majority" is rubbish. Maybe people shouldnt spend all day in front of one, but there are plenty of redeeming qualities with tv. Not only can you learn alot, there are some awesome shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Homeland, House of Cards, etc, etc, etc.

Why the fuck does tv need to be "for kids"? You tv haters are weirdos. Get a grip. You clearly have no idea whats on tv, otherwise you wouldt say the "vast majority" is rubbish. Maybe people shouldnt spend all day in front of one, but there are plenty of redeeming qualities with tv. Not only can you learn alot, there are some awesome shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Homeland, House of Cards, etc, etc, etc.
I'm definitely not against quality series and movies, but the problem begin when you don't know exactly what you're going to watch - so you sit all day watching some episodes of all recycled series between the commercials and burning precious time for something that makes you dumber and withered, now think of your kid getting all sort of garbage you don't even know through TV and instead of working over productive things to do, isn't that the negative way to define out of control? that's my point.

there is nothing like that common on here. and what does the right wing have to do with it. all those people could be Democrats. another thing, how can you tell all those people there are white?

Because of the Neanderthal DNA?

Could be a related factor. Maybe the ones with a higher percentage of Neanderthal DNA are the most feral ones.

Could be a related factor. Maybe the ones with a higher percentage of Neanderthal DNA are the most feral ones.

Average of about 3%. Shouldn't make much of a difference...

Average of about 3%. Shouldn't make much of a difference...
Maybe there is a threshold?

"if my Countrymen should ever wish for the Honour of having among them a Gentry enormously wealthy, let them sell their Farms and pay rack'd Rents; the Scale of the Landlords will rise as that of the Tenants is depress'd who will soon become poor, tattered, dirty, and abject in Spirit. Had I never been in the American Colonies, but was to form my Judgment of Civil Society by what I have lately seen [in Ireland and Scotland], I should never advise a Nation of Savages to admit of Civilisation: For I assure you, that in the Possession and Enjoyment of the various Comforts of Life, compar'd to these People every Indian is a Gentleman: And the Effect of this kind of Civil Society seems only to be, the depressing Multitudes below the Savage State that a few may be rais'd above it"
-- Benjamin Franklin; letter to Joshua Babcock (Jan. 13. 1772)

-

I have no problem with public hangings in the town square.

-Geaux
Same here. Participated in a couple. Oh sorry. This is an anti racist something thread isn't it?

Well, it's still better than Indonesia, whose citizens constantly fight to be able to live under sharia.

Depends on who is being hung and why. A civilized society lives by the rule of law. If someone in a society's midst is lawless and wreaking havoc (murder, rape, molestation, etc.) then they need to be removed from society. Making a public spectacle of them serves as a good example for the next, would-be murderer. I probably wouldn't attend a public execution myself nor would I bring children along if I did attend. However, if the criminal being executed had killed or raped a close family member I would likely want to witness his execution as a means to witness justice in action and to give myself a sense of closure.

Forum List

Back