Why the police are angry with the Mayor of New York

R

rdean

This is a picture of the son of the mayor:

dante.jpg

You 'train them to be very careful when they have ... an encounter with a police officer' . “With Dante, very early on, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Don’t move suddenly. Don’t reach for your cellphone,’” said deBlasio. “Because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.” “It’s different for a white child. That’s just the reality in this country,” the mayor said.

When you look at the number of young unarmed blacks who have been shot and killed, I don't really understand what the issue is here. This is something I've heard blacks say for, well, even when I was back in the service in 1975, blacks I've known have said this. It seems the very same Republicans on the USMB who are outraged by these statements cheered at the deaths of unarmed blacks shot to death because they apparently deserved it.

The rush to clear police in shootings - Chicago Tribune

The man's mother screamed from the sidewalk: "He can't walk! He's paralyzed! He can't get out of the car!"

When one officer thought the driver raised a gun, he opened fire, shooting the driver five times before reloading and shooting him once more.

Eight hours later, as Cornelius Ware, a 20-year-old paraplegic who drove by pushing the pedals with a wooden cane, lay gravely wounded in the hospital, police supervisors cleared the officer of any wrongdoing.

They didn't check the direction of the bullets. They didn't interview all the witnesses, two of whom said they saw Ware's hands raised in surrender. And they didn't wait for the autopsy report, which showed two of the bullets struck him in the back of his hands.

The inquiry, which reviewed available records for more than 200 police shooting cases over the last decade, found that these cursory police investigations create a separate standard of justice and fuel the fear among some citizens that officers can shoot people with impunity.

In at least a dozen cases, police shot civilians in the back or from behind.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police 1999-2014

----------------------------------------------

Is the police reaction justified? You're not supposed to tell young people of color to be careful? That police will kill you for very little reason, if any?

So who bodyguards the mayor and his family.........the New Black Panther Party?

De Blasio in his capacity as mayor disrespects the rank and file NYPD and then expects respect back. False expectations like this only exist in liberal la-la land!

Twice, Holder said, he was pulled over on the New Jersey Turnpike and had his car searched "when I’m sure I wasn't speeding." Another time, he was stopped by police "while simply running to a catch a movie, at night in Georgetown.

"I was at the time of that last incident a federal prosecutor," Holder said to laughs from the audience.

"Years ago, some of these same issues drove my father to sit down with me to have a conversation – which is no doubt familiar to many of you – about how as a young black man I should interact with the police, what to say, and how to conduct myself if I was ever stopped or confronted in a way I thought was unwarranted," Holder said. "I’m sure my father felt certain at the time that my parents’ generation would be the last that had to worry about such things for their children."

Instead, he said, he found himself in the wake of the shooting having a similar conversation with his own 15-year-old son, "to make him aware of the world he must still confront."

Holder recalls encounters with police - The Washington Post

Police are angry for most, if all all black fathers having "the conversation" with their sons.

De Blasio in his capacity as mayor disrespects the rank and file NYPD and then expects respect back. False expectations like this only exist in liberal la-la land!

The truth disrespects the police? How?

Everytime I know had had "the talk" from their parents as well. And we all know that this occurs because blacks are just making it up :rolleyes:

Of course when people don't believe this happens then others provide links to show its true. Then the nonbelievers when confronted by the evidence then determine that the evidence provided means. ... The provider Hates cops..lol. no win

Everytime I know had had "the talk" from their parents as well. And we all know that this occurs because blacks are just making it up :rolleyes:

Of course when people don't believe this happens then others provide links to show its true. Then the nonbelievers when confronted by the evidence then determine that the evidence provided means. ... The provider Hates cops..lol. no win
USMB Republicans believe it was liberals who were southern slave holders and Lincoln was a conservative who ended slavery. They are not exactly sure why there are so many conservatives living in the south today, when all the slave holders were liberal.n True story.

USMB Republicans believe it was liberals who were southern slave holders and Lincoln was a conservative who ended slavery. They are not exactly sure why there are so many conservatives living in the south today, when all the slave holders were liberal.n True story.
I told you. Here is an example:

If Conservatives had accomplishments they wouldn t be so jealous of Liberals Page 25 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

We just established the republic (Republicans) ended slavery and passed civil rights.

You and others of your ilk wouldn't know the truth if it hit ya' upside the head with a 2 X 4........

Yeah it had nothing to do with him saying the NYPD has been a racist institution for hundreds of years even though the NYPD is THE most diverse police force in the country

It doesn't.

And the truth is also that the vast majority to LEOs conduct themselves in an appropriate manner regardless of the color of those whom they encounter.

There exists, unfortunately, a tiny minority of LEOs who presume those of color are guilty, and it's that tiny minority young African-American males must guard against.

That deBlasio is being honest and correct in his assessment does not constitute 'disrespect' towards police officers, where the actions on the part of some police officers is unwarranted, inappropriate, and unprofessional.

This is a picture of the son of the mayor:

dante.jpg

You 'train them to be very careful when they have ... an encounter with a police officer' . “With Dante, very early on, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Don’t move suddenly. Don’t reach for your cellphone,’” said deBlasio. “Because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.” “It’s different for a white child. That’s just the reality in this country,” the mayor said.

When you look at the number of young unarmed blacks who have been shot and killed, I don't really understand what the issue is here. This is something I've heard blacks say for, well, even when I was back in the service in 1975, blacks I've known have said this. It seems the very same Republicans on the USMB who are outraged by these statements cheered at the deaths of unarmed blacks shot to death because they apparently deserved it.

The rush to clear police in shootings - Chicago Tribune

The man's mother screamed from the sidewalk: "He can't walk! He's paralyzed! He can't get out of the car!"

When one officer thought the driver raised a gun, he opened fire, shooting the driver five times before reloading and shooting him once more.

Eight hours later, as Cornelius Ware, a 20-year-old paraplegic who drove by pushing the pedals with a wooden cane, lay gravely wounded in the hospital, police supervisors cleared the officer of any wrongdoing.

They didn't check the direction of the bullets. They didn't interview all the witnesses, two of whom said they saw Ware's hands raised in surrender. And they didn't wait for the autopsy report, which showed two of the bullets struck him in the back of his hands.

The inquiry, which reviewed available records for more than 200 police shooting cases over the last decade, found that these cursory police investigations create a separate standard of justice and fuel the fear among some citizens that officers can shoot people with impunity.

In at least a dozen cases, police shot civilians in the back or from behind.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police 1999-2014

----------------------------------------------

Is the police reaction justified? You're not supposed to tell young people of color to be careful? That police will kill you for very little reason, if any?
Precisely. And those here who will claim the mayor is wrong are the same ones who will say in the same breath "profiling is justified because men of color commit more crime". I suppose the mayor is wrong for giving his son advice that may save his life one day.

SMGDH

Because De Blasio is an idiot and a colossal douchebag. He said and did things not just recently but for a whole now that disrespected the NYPD. Fortunately for the people of NY he will be done after this term.

Yeah it had nothing to do with him saying the NYPD has been a racist institution for hundreds of years even though the NYPD is THE most diverse police force in the country

What he said and what you heard are two different things. Of course you'll deny it, so I'll ask for a link upfront.

Of course you cant find it

Blacks seem to think they are being singled out unfairly, I disagree. The truth is blacks account for more crime per capita than any other race in America. So it only stand to reason they would be under more scrutiny. Blacks need to start cleaning up their act and the problem of being "unfairly" targeted will fade away.

But we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Blacks seem to think they are being singled out unfairly, I disagree. The truth is blacks account for more crime per capita than any other race in America. So it only stand to reason they would be under more scrutiny. Blacks need to start cleaning up their act and the problem of being "unfairly" targeted will fade away.

But we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

LMAO!! Ok, if blacks just become perfect then they wont be targeted! But until then continue to target them and their community will get better by over policing, unfair sentences and unfair justice systems.

As soon as all those "targeted" males get out of jail they'll be productive citizens LMAO.

What he said and what you heard are two different things. Of course you'll deny it, so I'll ask for a link upfront.

“We’re not just dealing with a problem in 2014, we’re not dealing with years of racism leading up to it, or decades of racism – we are dealing with centuries of racism that have brought us to this day,” he said. “That is how profound the crisis is. And that is how fundamental the task at hand is, to turn from that history and to make a change that is profound and lasting.”

New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio s Personal Reaction to Eric Garner Case - ABC News

IOW the NYPD is and has been guilty of racism for hundreds of years

“We’re not just dealing with a problem in 2014, we’re not dealing with years of racism leading up to it, or decades of racism – we are dealing with centuries of racism that have brought us to this day,” he said. “That is how profound the crisis is. And that is how fundamental the task at hand is, to turn from that history and to make a change that is profound and lasting.”

New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio s Personal Reaction to Eric Garner Case - ABC News

See, I knew he didnt say that, thanks for the confirmation.

Yeah you're too stupid to read between the lines

Yeah you're too stupid to read between the lines

You HAVE to read between the lines just to justify your crybabism. Because what he ACTUALLY said is not bad so you have to "translate".

Why try so hard to be offended?

Forum List

Back