Civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis says he has Stage IV pancreatic cancer: "I am going to fight it"

John Lewis and fellow Civil Rights activist James Zwerg after being beaten by segregationists in Montgomery, AL. Zwerg is still alive at age 80!

warning: graphic image!

EM_aKYHWwAIvNwu

why always the good ones? i'm sure he'll beat the cancer! give it hell, John!

"I may miss a few votes during this period, but with God’s grace I will be back on the front lines soon."

Rep. John Lewis Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer | HuffPost

John Lewis s no civil right icon, he's just one of the manuplitive racial assholes in congress that victimizes his own race for personal gain. I hope the asshole croaks.
he marched with MLK. i hope your rethink your comments!
Lots of people did.

John Lewis is probably our greatest living Patriot

I wish him well.....a great man
Trump is and Navy seal Gallagher

John Lewis risked his life to fight for justice and freedom. He was at the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement ......a revolution without guns

He took beatings, death threats, prison, spitting....whatever indignity they threw at him and he kept coming back

Led the march at Selma and gave the speech before MLKs ......I have a dream

An American icon

John Lewis and fellow Civil Rights activist James Zwerg after being beaten by segregationists in Montgomery, AL. Zwerg is still alive at age 80!

warning: graphic image!

EM_aKYHWwAIvNwu
The man went on to work with the men that beat him lol democrats saw they could pay men that sounded like MLK to get the black vote .. sick huge sell out

John Lewis risked his life to fight for justice and freedom. He was at the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement ......a revolution without guns

He took beatings, death threats, prison, spitting....whatever indignity they threw at him and he kept coming back

An American icon
Yep. Everything in US History pales by comparison to the Civil Rights Movement. :cuckoo:
Civil Rights is but one part of our history. Members of our military are at the forefront of keeping our nation safe, and our emergency services personnel are at the forefront of keeping our communities safe. I won’t forget the cheap media stunt Pelosi and Lewis pulled when they marched through Tea Party rally...then lied and says he was spat on. News footage showed he lied.

Lewis doesn't care about "civil rights", although he may have at one time long ago. Once he got his foot in the door of wealth and power, however, his loyalty was to retaining his power and accumulating more wealth.

An American icon
Yep. Everything in US History pales by comparison to the Civil Rights Movement. :cuckoo:
Civil Rights is but one part of our history. Members of our military are at the forefront of keeping our nation safe, and our emergency services personnel are at the forefront of keeping our communities safe. I won’t forget the cheap media stunt Pelosi and Lewis pulled when they marched through Tea Party rally...then lied and says he was spat on. News footage showed he lied.
Very true and they are armed and trained to fight

John Lewis risked his life without a weapon. He took beatings, death threats, repeated arrests......all without fighting back

He fought for freedom and justice for millions of Americans

An American icon

John Lewis risked his life without a weapon. He took beatings, death threats, repeated arrests......all without fighting back

Then he sold out, took money over the cause

why always the good ones? i'm sure he'll beat the cancer! give it hell, John!

"I may miss a few votes during this period, but with God’s grace I will be back on the front lines soon."

Rep. John Lewis Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer | HuffPost
Too bad Lewis is such a supporter of bds since an Israeli company has developed a treatment for pancreatic cancer that has had spectacular results in the lab and is now in clinical trials around the world. Being a man of principle Lewis will boycott it, of course.
Israel's alpha radiation treatment shows 100% rate of tumor shrinkage

An American icon

Agreed. The Tea Party stunt was not necessary. Lost some respect for him then. Hope he gets well. Don’t wish cancer on anyone.

Forum List

Back