Civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis says he has Stage IV pancreatic cancer: "I am going to fight it"

"John Lewis is a giantā€”an icon of the civil rights movement, a leader in Congress and one of the kindest people I know. Iā€™m praying for a speedy and full recovery. We need you making good trouble in the halls of Congress!" - Incredible Ilhan Omar

"
He will fight this as he has fought so many other battles, and our hearts and souls will be with him as they have been so often before. God bless you, John Lewis, for who you are, for what you have done, for what you have left to do." - Rowdy Robert Reich

"John Lewis is an American hero & one of the bravest people I know. It was the honor of my life to get into good trouble with him on the campaign trail. Praying for you, brother." - Gruesome Andrew Gillum

"John Lewis is a warrior. If thereā€™s anyone who can beat this, itā€™s him" - GOP Georgia Sen Dastardly Dave Perdue

"My friend John Lewis is a a hero to millions, an extraordinary American and a deeply good man. April and I will pray for his full and speedy recovery. One of the great privileges of my life was serving with him in the Congress. He will overcome this like he has everything else." - Wacky John Delaney

"I am praying for John Lewis. The bravest, kindest - most noble - man I have ever met." - Tenacious Neera Tanden

"One of my favorite things at the start of every new Congress has been catching freshmen seeing, then meeting, John Lewis for the first time. Either party. The combo of star struck, awe, genuine thrill is always so great. Tough to put into words reverence for him among members." - Powerful Phil Mattingly

"John Lewis nearly died marching for voting rights on the Edmund Pettus Bridge. He was only 25. A moment that forever changed American history. His unbelievable courage & resiliency defeated white supremacy. Now we all need to pray he defeats cancer" - Secretary Hillary Clinton

"Nothing has slowed John Lewisā€™s fight for justice yet and I know that wonā€™t change now. Today as he readies for another, different battle, he has a grateful nation at his back." - Joe Kennedy

"John Lewis is a living example of strength that America needs now more than ever. We will be pulling for him and praying for him and his family as he battles cancer with his characteristic grace and courage." - Mayor Pete

"
John Lewis isnā€™t just my colleague, heā€™s my idol and heā€™s the soul and conscience of the entire Congress. Iā€™m thinking hard of my friend tonight. Heā€™s a rock and heā€™s going to beat this challenge." - Rep Bill Pascrell

"John Lewis is my hero, mentor, and a fighter for good. He will need our love and prayers for his strength as he battles to regain his health." - Handsome Hank Johnson

EM_XOPfWoAEArc6

why always the good ones? i'm sure he'll beat the cancer! give it hell, John!

"I may miss a few votes during this period, but with Godā€™s grace I will be back on the front lines soon."

Rep. John Lewis Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer | HuffPost
Someone should ask him if the Democratic Party should apologize for their racist heritage.
Racist heritage true.....gladly picked up and run with by today's GOP.
False narrative then and still a false narrative now.

Dude, knew exactly how evil the Democratic Party was and he joined them.
After the Civil Rights Act...you know...that law that LBJ signed so all the racists in the South left the Democrats and the GOP welcomed them with open arms.
First of all they only needed that act because of Democrats. Secondly, Democrats has been fighting the passage of that law since the 50ā€™s.

And you are celebrating it as an accomplishment? Brilliant.

Hate to say this but it is true. This nation will be better off without him. The sooner his kind pass on the better
Now there's a classic CRC trumpanzee reply.
He is a hate filled despicable person imo so no tears shed.
Retire, enjoy the life you have left and your family.
Pretty simple. His days as a race hustler are over.

"I may miss a few votes during this period, but with Godā€™s grace I will be back on the front lines soon."

Someone should ask him if the Democratic Party should apologize for their racist heritage.
Racist heritage true.....gladly picked up and run with by today's GOP.
False narrative then and still a false narrative now.
CRC trumpanzees don't know what facts are. I get you have a negative opinion of a CIvil Rights giant, but you do not have the right to make up facts to cover for your hatred of the Civil Rights Movement.

I spent 3 decades taking cancer patients for rides to the ER, it's jmho... #1 most dehumanizing disease ,just s*cks to see folks wither ,waste away, always with this glimmer of hope

the icing on the cake was tellin' mom 'it's alright to go', her last night on this rock

so i have to ask here, how many of you have witnessed 'life' draining outta eyes?

It'll change you

further, i'm sure my dear departed mother would (yet again) impose an the oral soap cleansing technique were she incarnate ,should she see me post that you PARTISAN FUCKERS are the lowest of the low for wishing it on anyone

~S~

Hate to say this but it is true. This nation will be better off without him. The sooner his kind pass on the better
No he was not....but feel free to project all you want.

If there are any heroes left in our country, John Lewis is at the top of the list.ā£

No he was not....but feel free to project all you want.

He won't be missed by anyone but his family and closest friends. He is not the historical figure you make him out to be. He's a dick, nothing more.

John Lewis s no civil right icon, he's just one of the manuplitive racial assholes in congress that victimizes his own race for personal gain. I hope the asshole croaks.

I knew it wouldn't take long for a racist POS to come out of the wood work.
Heā€™s rightLewis was a race pimp, he got paid to keep blacks down

Forum List

Back