Modern youths don't know much

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The 1990's full sized Buick that he is being gifted has a 5.7 Liter V-8, it can go as fast as his teenaged body wants to go.

The back seat is wide, and certainly large enough for whatever shenanigans he wants to get involved in.

I can't believe he's not pleased.

I had an Olds 98 ... cost so much in gas my dates all had to pay their own way ... plenty of room in the back seat if she wasn't too disappointed ...

My Fair Lady was a total chick magnet ... they didn't mind rolling around on a blanket by the levee under the apple tree ...

Women like class ... not Buicks ... poor boy's never going to get laid in that thing ... smart parents ...

Modern youth reportedly do not want their own cars, apparently not realizing that a car is the most privacy-begetting tool available to adolescents.

I had an Olds 98 ... cost so much in gas my dates all had to pay their own way ... plenty of room in the back seat if she wasn't too disappointed ...

My Fair Lady was a total chick magnet ... they didn't mind rolling around on a blanket by the levee under the apple tree ...

Women like class ... not Buicks ... poor boy's never going to get laid in that thing ... smart parents ...

I disagree, my first car - which I bought myself I wasn't gifted it- was a 1964 full sized Buick Deuce and a Quarter with traditional V-8 power.

For a teenager, its the ideal car as there is plenty of room under the hood for him to do his own maintenance and repairs, saving money. Further, more than 2 tons of heavy duty steel provides protection as kids drive too fast anyhow.

I liked it plenty well, in fact my 2nd car was an Olds 98, another full sized pimpmobile.

The Rocket 455 was a screamer ... Lord all mighty ... but it was the lil' sports car that lined the women up ... 1500 cc with twin Strombergs was quick enough to eat Shelbys off the line ... I owned Route 49 if there weren't any 914's around ... the only complaint I had with my Lil' Lady was the wheelbase was narrow for Japanese streets, and being on the ground the girls insisted on being on top ... my roommate's TR6 was better 3 months a year, the other nine it was up on blocks waiting for parts ...

The 1990's full sized Buick that he is being gifted has a 5.7 Liter V-8, it can go as fast as his teenaged body wants to go.

The back seat is wide, and certainly large enough for whatever shenanigans he wants to get involved in.

I can't believe he's not pleased.

It would be the last thing I ever bought him. And I'd take the car back as well. Let him walk. Kids are fucking spoiled sick these days. My parents never bought me a car. Most they ever did was put me on their insurance.

I remember that commercial. I remarked to my wife that the spoiled brat should be thankful to get a freaking car. Actually it doesn't necessarily represent what kids are like these days. It represents what ad agencies think kids are like.

Ex wife and I were going to give the stepdemon a loaded and nice Taurus wagon for her first car. "I don't want it, the gas gauge doesn't work"

Actually neither of them worked either, hence EX.

Forum List

Back