City of Uvalde working to 'cover up' police records from shooting: Report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I used to view Texas as a place of character and principle. This case and the lack of transparency and accountability has certainly challenged how I view this state. What a shame.

The city of Uvalde is seeking to evade records requests from multiple outlets regarding the police response to last month's shooting at Robb Elementary School, the Daily Mail reported Monday.

Uvalde police are facing heavy scrutiny into their response to the shooting, which left 19 children and two teachers dead. Police stood for nearly an hour outside the pair of classrooms where 18-year-old Salvador Ramos carried out his rampage.

The city reacted to records requests by retaining lawyers and sending a letter to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, laying out arguments against fulfilling the requests.

"The City claims that the requested information is not information that is collected, assembled, or maintained under a law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by a governmental body or for a governmental body or is excepted from disclosure," attorney Cynthia Trevino wrote, according to the Mail.

used to view Texas as a place of character and principle
oh-wait-youre-serious.gif

It reflects how leadership matters. When you have leasers who routinely flaunt the law, everyone else assumes the same posture over time. The fish rots from the head down.

Many members of our well regulated militia are.

how many city blocks have they burned down ? how many acts of mass looting have they committed ?and is the left going to handle the abortion issue peacefully when the SC decision is finally reached and announced in a few weeks ? or will the left burn loot riot and kill again like they did in the summer of 2020 ?

It's on the city and the police dept not the State of Texas.

Maybe so, but, with the open comments of cooperation between Texas and Florida police of late, I have to wonder if your Southern States aren't more closely resembling, creepy, unaccountable Stasi Canadian police...

THE LEFT, dummy.

The people who riot, and the people who stand around doing nothing when children are in danger.

The same fucking assholes who try to COVER UP their failures because they're a bunch of miserable cowards.
Yeah...those are members of the militia too according to the resident right wing nut jobs.

Maybe so, but, with the open comments of cooperation between Texas and Florida police of late, I have to wonder if your Southern States aren't more closely resembling, creepy, unaccountable Stasi Canadian police...
Texas opened an investigation very fast due to the lack of transparency and shady stuff with the city schools and the the police there. The locals don't want to cooperate.

Forum List

Back