What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City of Berkeley votes to impeach bush

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
13,761
Reaction score
1,652
Points
48
Location
california
just saw this on the local news ... city of berkeley votes to place on the ballot a measure to impeach bush..... so the citizens of berkeley get to vote for or against....LOL
 

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
70,230
Reaction score
10,863
Points
2,040
manu1959 said:
just saw this on the local news ... city of berkeley votes to place on the ballot a measure to impeach bush..... so the citizens of berkeley get to vote for or against....LOL

:rotflmao: :duh3: :rotflmao:
 

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
7,978
Reaction score
1,779
Points
123
Location
Guntucky
Guess the President should start packing his bags. lol
 

Avatar4321

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
82,283
Reaction score
10,133
Points
2,070
Location
Minnesota
manu1959 said:
just saw this on the local news ... city of berkeley votes to place on the ballot a measure to impeach bush..... so the citizens of berkeley get to vote for or against....LOL

And to think Berkley is supposed to be a place of higher learning. You would think someone would tell them that they dont have the power to do that:p
 

acludem

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
49
Points
71
Location
Missouri
It's likely the city council had no choice, the supporters of this, let's face it, ridiculous initiative, probably collected enough signatures to get on the ballot. That's the initiative petition for you.

acludem
 

dmp

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
13,088
Reaction score
748
Points
48
Location
Enterprise, Alabama
I'm a bit sick thinking there would be a large enough group of idiots to allow for something like this.

This country seems doomed. It's hard to out-smart stupid people's passion.
 

Jimmyeatworld

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
2,239
Reaction score
227
Points
93
Location
America
Maybe I can get a petition together to demand the resignation of Ted Kennedy. Then again, I could better use my time watching grass grow.
 
OP
manu1959

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
13,761
Reaction score
1,652
Points
48
Location
california
acludem said:
It's likely the city council had no choice, the supporters of this, let's face it, ridiculous initiative, probably collected enough signatures to get on the ballot. That's the initiative petition for you.

acludem

nope .... city council made the motion it was seconded and thus the council voted to put it on the city ballot for the people to vote on
 
OP
manu1959

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
13,761
Reaction score
1,652
Points
48
Location
california
Jimmyeatworld said:
Maybe I can get a petition together to demand the resignation of Ted Kennedy. Then again, I could better use my time watching grass grow.

bet you could get one of the red state city councils to do it
 

insein

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
6,096
Reaction score
359
Points
48
Location
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
dmp said:
I'm a bit sick thinking there would be a large enough group of idiots to allow for something like this.

This country seems doomed. It's hard to out-smart stupid people's passion.

Did you miss the part where it said Berkley?
 

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
13,399
Reaction score
1,706
Points
245
insein said:
Did you miss the part where it said Berkley?

Otherwise known as Beserkley. :rolleyes:
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$80.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top