Citing rise of ‘Christian nationalism,’ Secular Democrats unveil sweeping recommendations for Biden

If you are going to call this a "Christian Nation" you will either need to change the way this nation takes care of it's poor, or change the way you claim Jesus told Christians to live.

It is funny that we are a "christian nation" when you talk about gay marriage or abortion. But when we talk about taking care of the poor or the elderly, somehow we instantly become just good capitalists.

Many churches do take care of poor people; how many do you take care of? I don't see any atheist shelters or soup kitchens, they seem to prefer whining over sexual deviants and promoting social darwinism or demanding the govt. spend millions of pandering to to sickos into extreme sexual mutilation, that sort of stuff. You also think beating slaves is okay, from a previous post where you think mentally ill people being beaten is okay as long as they 'consent' to it or something, so I can see why you would babble some bizarre nonsense like the above. What you meant to say is that the people most likely to donate to the poor are usually low income themselves and often can't cover the entire costs, while the middle class and rich people you admire like to donate to such PC 'programs' as ballets and faggot rights hoaxes or hate crime advocates like BLM and the Democratic Party, but only after they take care of their dope needs, pot, meth, etc., and other critical discretionary spending.

After all, it's better to make drug cartels and street gang vermin well off than icky stuff like donating to charities, since we're supposed to tax 'Everybody Else' for that and not inconvenience Burb Brats n stuff. Not a dime's worth of difference between bourgeois 'Progressives' and right wingers on the poverty issues really, just in rhetoric and levels of hypocrisy. Both also love open borders and flooding the country with cheap labor and a permanent huge underclass, too.

I have donated quite a bit of meat to local food banks via a hunting association I belong to. I also donate to and volunteer at a local soup kitchen numerous times during the year.

But, if you are claiming this nation is a Christian nation, then the same call to care for the poor applies.

Yes, you want to fault churches for there being poverty n stuff, never mind they do more than 'Progressives' ever do, even being grossly outnumbere by their haters, but you hate policies that would make them a lot more effective, based on your own fake 'facts'.

I want to fault churches? Please show where I said ANYTHING resembling a call to fault churches. But I guess it is easier to argue if you get to invent what I say.

The same applies to your claim that I hate policies that would make them more effective.

Trying to deflect again, I see. That's because you can't refute facts about our Founders and our history. But I'm sure all that deer and moose meat going bad really but a dent in hunger in America and surpassed anything Da Evul Xians have ever done, right? .... lol

Deflect? If you think my calling you out when you lie about what I have said is trying to deflect, then you haven't a clue.

I never lied about what you've said, you just wish you hadn't said it, is all.

And no, the meat I donate has not gone bad. In fact, it is inspected when I donate it. I never said I did more than anyone else. Without knowing me, you accused me of doing nothing. I corrected you.

So now you're backtracking on your lies about the alleged failures of Da Evul Xians to eliminate poverty n stuff, as if they're personally responsible for doing so? How shallow ...

If you are going to call this a "Christian Nation" you will either need to change the way this nation takes care of it's poor, or change the way you claim Jesus told Christians to live.

It is funny that we are a "christian nation" when you talk about gay marriage or abortion. But when we talk about taking care of the poor or the elderly, somehow we instantly become just good capitalists.

Many churches do take care of poor people; how many do you take care of? I don't see any atheist shelters or soup kitchens, they seem to prefer whining over sexual deviants and promoting social darwinism or demanding the govt. spend millions of pandering to to sickos into extreme sexual mutilation, that sort of stuff. You also think beating slaves is okay, from a previous post where you think mentally ill people being beaten is okay as long as they 'consent' to it or something, so I can see why you would babble some bizarre nonsense like the above. What you meant to say is that the people most likely to donate to the poor are usually low income themselves and often can't cover the entire costs, while the middle class and rich people you admire like to donate to such PC 'programs' as ballets and faggot rights hoaxes or hate crime advocates like BLM and the Democratic Party, but only after they take care of their dope needs, pot, meth, etc., and other critical discretionary spending.

After all, it's better to make drug cartels and street gang vermin well off than icky stuff like donating to charities, since we're supposed to tax 'Everybody Else' for that and not inconvenience Burb Brats n stuff. Not a dime's worth of difference between bourgeois 'Progressives' and right wingers on the poverty issues really, just in rhetoric and levels of hypocrisy. Both also love open borders and flooding the country with cheap labor and a permanent huge underclass, too.

I have donated quite a bit of meat to local food banks via a hunting association I belong to. I also donate to and volunteer at a local soup kitchen numerous times during the year.

But, if you are claiming this nation is a Christian nation, then the same call to care for the poor applies.

And, we're a nation founded on Christian values, whether you deviants like it or not, and the history proves it. Whether or not a majority actually practice it os not the same issue. But it's nice to know you endorse beating and sexually abusing slaves, as long as the 'slaves' claim they consented to that sicko stuff.

Jeez, you are really going overboard with these claims of what I said. Of course, it doesn't help your argument that I did not say them.

I have never, not once, endorsed beating and sexually abusing people without their consent. So that claim is an outright lie.

But I do see that you obviously want to decide for other people whether they are allowed to consent or not.

lol so you went back and deleted your stupid post? Not surprised.

More lies. I have not deleted a single post of mine. If you can't debate based on what I actually say, you might want to just quit. This crap only makes you look foolish.

Says you, who can't keep from stepping in his own crap over and over.

Yes, you want to fault churches for there being poverty n stuff, never mind they do more than 'Progressives' ever do, even being grossly outnumbere by their haters, but you hate policies that would make them a lot more effective, based on your own fake 'facts'.

I want to fault churches? Please show where I said ANYTHING resembling a call to fault churches. But I guess it is easier to argue if you get to invent what I say.

The same applies to your claim that I hate policies that would make them more effective.

Trying to deflect again, I see. That's because you can't refute facts about our Founders and our history. But I'm sure all that deer and moose meat going bad really but a dent in hunger in America and surpassed anything Da Evul Xians have ever done, right? .... lol

Deflect? If you think my calling you out when you lie about what I have said is trying to deflect, then you haven't a clue.

And no, the meat I donate has not gone bad. In fact, it is inspected when I donate it. I never said I did more than anyone else. Without knowing me, you accused me of doing nothing. I corrected you.

So now you're backtracking on your lies about the alleged failures of Da Evul Xians to eliminate poverty n stuff, as if they're personally responsible for doing so? How shallow ...

No, you are trying to invent what you want me to have said. What, exactly, did I say?

No, not backtracking at all. When I made the comment about what should be happening if this were truly a Christian nation, I was referring to the actions by the gov't. I never said a single negative thing about churches and their charity work. I defy you to show where I did. So either put up or shut up.

And, we're a nation founded on Christian values, whether you deviants like it or not, and the history proves it. Whether or not a majority actually practice it os not the same issue. But it's nice to know you endorse beating and sexually abusing slaves, as long as the 'slaves' claim they consented to that sicko stuff.

Jeez, you are really going overboard with these claims of what I said. Of course, it doesn't help your argument that I did not say them.

I have never, not once, endorsed beating and sexually abusing people without their consent. So that claim is an outright lie.

But I do see that you obviously want to decide for other people whether they are allowed to consent or not.

lol so you went back and deleted your stupid post? Not surprised.

More lies. I have not deleted a single post of mine. If you can't debate based on what I actually say, you might want to just quit. This crap only makes you look foolish.

Says you, who can't keep from stepping in his own crap over and over.

I have not stepped in anything except your lies.

I did not delete any of my own posts. The other mods are more than welcome to show all the posts of mine I deleted.

What, exactly, is it you think I said?

To address this further, I have never, not once, endorsed beating or sexually abusing someone against their will.

But I have defended those who choose to include S&M (or D/s) in their lives. But I have always been clear I am talking about consenting adults. Always.

. Your premise that just because they didn't insert completely unnecessary terms like 'White Protestant Christians'

you are a liar. They didn’t insert anything having to do with any known religion. Not a word. But you say it is a Christian document and you cannot say why?

Since you are an atheist why are you so hepped up on spreading white Christian nationalist lies and propaganda.

drive to target and groom little children into accepting assorted sicko 'attentions' as 'normal'.
That does NOT happen. Every place, from nursery school on, teaches about 'good touches' and 'bad touches,' and what to do if someone does something that feels
wrong. Everyone wants to protect their children. Everyone.

drive to target and groom little children into accepting assorted sicko 'attentions' as 'normal'.
That does NOT happen. Every place, from nursery school on, teaches about 'good touches' and 'bad touches,' and what to do if someone does something that feels
wrong. Everyone wants to protect their children. Everyone.

Picaro is on a roll today.

And, we're a nation founded on Christian values,

you are full of cliches but short on explanations for your weakly developed utterances.

what are those Christian values you think America was founded on that might be going around in your head right now? Do you mind sharing?

Christianity held monarchy, divine rule of kings and imperialism as common values for 1600 years - is that what you had in mind?

Feed em to the lions! :auiqs.jpg:
Do we even have that many lions available?

Church and state are separated for good reasons.
Too much blurring of those lines in the last four decades.
No one is attacking your right to practice your religion.
We just don't want it shoved down our throats...that's all.
well people don't want homosexuality, transgender and so on forced down their throats either.

Providing equal rights and equal opportunities are directly confirmed for all in both the Declaration of Independence and the Preamble to the Constitution.

The right to vote needed to be affirmed in several Amendments to COTUS, and yet the new iteration of Republicans seek to deny these rights even as we sit here reading this page.

lol really? What about Nazis and their rights to murder Jews? Are they in need of 'equal rights'? Waht about rapists? Don't their needs matter too? Don't they need to be tolerated and allowed equal rights to do whatever they want? lol go smoke some more meth and watch some BLM videos.

There is no right to commit murder nor is their a right to rape, Bozo. Since this thread is based loosely on Christianity, one only needs to consult the Ten Commandments and the penal codes of western democracies and every State in our Union.

Meanwhile a boat yard in The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations is building a modern Mayflower to transport freedom-of-religion Americans to England. Liberals trying to convince them, instead, to sail for Pakistan.

Meanwhile a boat yard in The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations is building a modern Mayflower to transport freedom-of-religion Americans to England. Liberals trying to convince them, instead, to sail for Pakistan.

LOL, another kook who wants to believe s/he is clever. For the record she or he is not.

The republicans have developed a bizarre amalgam of right-wing politics and a radical faction of the Christian faith that ignores Jesus entirely. These people aim to take away the individual right of all Americans to religious liberty. This movement must be stopped and the separation between church and state be affirmed and strengthened.

The trump/pence administration has dedicated itself to advancing this unpatriotic and authoritarian agenda and shoving it down the throats of all Americans. I am not a member of a religious group that is against birth control, abortion, and the civil rights of LGBTQs, and I totally reject the view that any level of government should be involved in these issues. These are matters that must be left up to individual decisionmaking. No one should be forced to live their personal lives according to the dictates of a religious group that s/he has not elected to join.

There is no right to demand that one never come into contact with those whom they don't like or to examine somebody else's sex life. Imagine if other people, maybe LGBTQs, start demanding that they never come into contact with members of these religions or that they have the right to refuse to serve members of these religions. These claims are absurd.

Not a single word of this post has anything to do with the OP.

I think that I made myself perfectly clear. For your further clarification, though, I will explain that I believe that the word "secular," in this context, implies that no belief of any particular sect may be imposed by any level of government on citizens who adhere to other religious beliefs or don't have them. In other words, the government must remain neutral and not take sides in any theological conflict. To do otherwise would constitute an unconstitutional establishment of sectarian religion.

The trump administration openly favored a few religious sects at the expense of other Americans, even going as far as promulgating rules designed to subjugate our LGBT citizens to the hatred of some religious factions and to force female Americans to live under the yoke of these factions. We are supposed to be a free people.

The Rump administration also blatantly disfavored at least one religion, that being Islam.

Yup. They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion! But this is to be expected from people who don't think that any one can follow any Christian sect except for fundie. People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions exist. I thought of not saying this, but I will put it out there: I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian. Frankie doesn't know the difference. Why would he think that an Episcopalian would march to the tune of a Southern Baptist?

I was a history major and am very aware of what damage Christian sectarianism did in Europe. I also have a good friend, who addresses me as "Mama." He is a devout Muslim who has kept the fast of Ramadan for all the years that I have known him. Frustrated at not having a child, he joined the Haj, and now he has a beautiful four-year-old daughter. I guess the Supreme Being answered his prayers. There are many wonderful Muslims in my community, and met many when I was in Turkey as a teenager.

I guess I'm just sick of the sectarian garbage coming from fundie Christians. They have the right to their own, but so does everybody else.

They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion!

NOBODY ever said Islam is not a religion.

People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions existv

NOBODY ever said this either.

I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian.

You have a very flawed understanding of religion in general and Christianity in particular. I get it, you believe how you want to and what you want to. But ALL religions excepet for the New Agers have very specific tenets that must be adhered to to be a part of that religion. Islam is the single most exclusive religion in the world yet you defend it. You use the word "fundie", Islamic fundies will do one of 2 things, make you convert or die OR make you pay a tax to them for the "right" for you to retain your beliefs. It's called Jizzya.
Islam is a cult. Satan it's master.

It's a political ideology, a violent one that requires the subjugation and extinction of non-believers. That's why it isn't a 'religion' that should enjoy being protected by faux 'secularism'. The fact is only mentally ill sexual deviants and commie sociopaths think its 'equal' and that it should have the same protections as Christianity or Buddhism.

Actually the United States Constitution thinks so too.
The United States grew to be the most powerful nation in the world before you showed up to tell everyone about the constitution. The same one you have shit on for many many years.

I guess those Zulus and Japs who you think wrote all our early documents are all outraged n stuff at the blatant discrimination, eh?

Why do you have to lie? I strongly agree with all scholars and historians that America’s founders consisted entirely without exception of white males holding a combination of the following assortment of religions and philosophies.
Protestant Christian
Unitarians
Freemasons
Deists
French Enlightenment Rational Religion.

So why do you say I had Zulus and Japs on my list?

You are a liar and you need to quit if you wish to be taken seriously around here.

Last edited:
George Washington welcomed Muhammadens and their religion - Picaro hates them - 26063796 reply to 26049010
It's a political ideology, a violent one that requires the subjugation and extinction of non-believers. That's why it isn't a 'religion' that should enjoy being protected by faux 'secularism'. The fact is only mentally ill sexual deviant and commie sociopath think its 'equal' and that it should have the same protections as Christianity or Buddhism.
Your bigotry and unAmerican rejection of our founders call for religious pluralism brings you to regard Our First great President to have been a “mentally ill sexual deviant and commie sociopath”

George Washington expressed little preference as to the religion practiced by the Mount Vernon workforce. Writing in March of 1784, Washington noted: "If they are good workmen, they may be of Asia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mahometans [Mohammedans/Muslims], Jews, or Christians of any Sect, or they may be Atheists."1. Islam at Mount Vernon.​
You Need to back off with the bigotry and hatred. You give atheists a bad name.​

Last edited:
The republicans have developed a bizarre amalgam of right-wing politics and a radical faction of the Christian faith that ignores Jesus entirely. These people aim to take away the individual right of all Americans to religious liberty. This movement must be stopped and the separation between church and state be affirmed and strengthened.

The trump/pence administration has dedicated itself to advancing this unpatriotic and authoritarian agenda and shoving it down the throats of all Americans. I am not a member of a religious group that is against birth control, abortion, and the civil rights of LGBTQs, and I totally reject the view that any level of government should be involved in these issues. These are matters that must be left up to individual decisionmaking. No one should be forced to live their personal lives according to the dictates of a religious group that s/he has not elected to join.

There is no right to demand that one never come into contact with those whom they don't like or to examine somebody else's sex life. Imagine if other people, maybe LGBTQs, start demanding that they never come into contact with members of these religions or that they have the right to refuse to serve members of these religions. These claims are absurd.

I think that I made myself perfectly clear. For your further clarification, though, I will explain that I believe that the word "secular," in this context, implies that no belief of any particular sect may be imposed by any level of government on citizens who adhere to other religious beliefs or don't have them. In other words, the government must remain neutral and not take sides in any theological conflict. To do otherwise would constitute an unconstitutional establishment of sectarian religion.

The trump administration openly favored a few religious sects at the expense of other Americans, even going as far as promulgating rules designed to subjugate our LGBT citizens to the hatred of some religious factions and to force female Americans to live under the yoke of these factions. We are supposed to be a free people.

The Rump administration also blatantly disfavored at least one religion, that being Islam.

Yup. They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion! But this is to be expected from people who don't think that any one can follow any Christian sect except for fundie. People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions exist. I thought of not saying this, but I will put it out there: I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian. Frankie doesn't know the difference. Why would he think that an Episcopalian would march to the tune of a Southern Baptist?

I was a history major and am very aware of what damage Christian sectarianism did in Europe. I also have a good friend, who addresses me as "Mama." He is a devout Muslim who has kept the fast of Ramadan for all the years that I have known him. Frustrated at not having a child, he joined the Haj, and now he has a beautiful four-year-old daughter. I guess the Supreme Being answered his prayers. There are many wonderful Muslims in my community, and met many when I was in Turkey as a teenager.

I guess I'm just sick of the sectarian garbage coming from fundie Christians. They have the right to their own, but so does everybody else.

They sure did. But apparently these yokels have decided that Islam is not a religion!

People who are too stupid to understand even the fact that the Christian faith is divided into many different denominations and factions can't be counted on to understand that other religions existv

I remember when frankie graham went after Pete Buttigieg, who is not only a gay, married person, but also is an Episcopalian.

You have a very flawed understanding of religion in general and Christianity in particular. I get it, you believe how you want to and what you want to. But ALL religions excepet for the New Agers have very specific tenets that must be adhered to to be a part of that religion. Islam is the single most exclusive religion in the world yet you defend it. You use the word "fundie", Islamic fundies will do one of 2 things, make you convert or die OR make you pay a tax to them for the "right" for you to retain your beliefs. It's called Jizzya.

It's a political ideology, a violent one that requires the subjugation and extinction of non-believers. That's why it isn't a 'religion' that should enjoy being protected by faux 'secularism'. The fact is only mentally ill sexual deviants and commie sociopaths think its 'equal' and that it should have the same protections as Christianity or Buddhism.

The United States grew to be the most powerful nation in the world before you showed up to tell everyone about the constitution. The same one you have shit on for many many years.
Number one Gummo, the verb "to shit" is a "strong" verb, ergo the simple past form is "shat". You don't form a past tense by using the present.

Number two, link us to whatever the fuck you're yammering about or shut the fuck up. Goddam post wasn't even addressed to you in the first place.

I find it amusing that you make all sorts of claims about what I said. Let me rephrase that. I find it amusing that you lie about all sorts of things you claim I said. And when challenged to provide any quotes of mine to back it up, you vanish.

Serious cowardice there. Just admit you were wrong. Or that you lied.

Number one Gummo, the verb "to shit" is a "strong" verb, ergo the simple past form is "shat". You don't form a past tense by using the present.

Number two, link us to whatever the fuck you're yammering about or shut the fuck up. Goddam post wasn't even addressed to you in the first place.

What a tough little boi you pretend to be!!!!!!

"

WASHINGTON (RNS) — A Democratic group dedicated to representing secular values unveiled a slate of recommendations for President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming administration on Monday (Nov. 30), outlining a sweeping agenda designed to roll back many of President Trump’s actions involving religion and to “restore a vision of constitutional secularism.”

The 28-page document, crafted by the Secular Democrats of America PAC, is being presented to the incoming administration by Democratic Representatives Jamie Raskin and Jared Huffman — both co-chairs of the Congressional Freethought Caucus.

The SDA’s agenda offers a wide range of policy recommendations to push back against the so-called “Christian nationalist movement,” which the the group describes as an “extraordinarily well-funded and well-organized” phenomenon whose “extreme and sectarian agenda (was) on constant display under the Trump-Pence administration.”

Work with Congress to incentivize states to increase their vaccination rates by repealing all nonmedical exemptions to mandatory vaccination for children in schools and day care centers. States like California and New York have taken such actions, but only after experiencing severe outbreaks of measles and whooping cough. Parents and children have the right to a school environment free of vaccine preventable diseases. The most vulnerable among us who are medically ineligible for vaccination depend on herd immunity to protect them.

Move along, nothing see here....well except for a direct attack on Religious Liberties that is.
Insisting you vaccinate your children for both personal and public health reasons is not an infringement of your religious liberties.

Wear your mask, get your shot, and get on with your life.

Forum List

Back