Citing rise of ‘Christian nationalism,’ Secular Democrats unveil sweeping recommendations for Biden

Christian nationalism bad / American pluralism good- 26051812 reply to 26046458,

Not Christian nationalism!!!
You mean people that advocate continuing the values and principles that this nation was founded on?

How can you advocate continuing Christian values and principles while pushing the lie and myth that America was founded as a Christian Nation and is a Christian nation to the present day.

Christianity is a religion. Christian beliefs, values and principles such as the concept of original sin and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ were not at all the basis from which America was founded.

Are you a white Eurocentric Christian Nationalist or a Christian who is uniquely American by acceptance of our pluralistic society and civility. .

I am an America who believes deeply in the sanctity of American pluralism. That includes recognition that Protestant Christianity is and has been the dominant religion in America since it was imported from Europe.over the hundred years ago.,I have respect for all religious people who have the same respect for my not-organized religion spiritual beliefs.

But I cannot respect Christian nationalists Primarily because I cannot respect their lie that America was founded as a a Christian nation.

Yes and I think most of the founders considered themselves Deists. And if you read Thomas Pain's great work called " Age Of Reason". You can see what he thought of the Christian religion way back in the 1700s.

Christian nationalism bad / American pluralism good- 26051812 reply to 26046458,

Not Christian nationalism!!!
You mean people that advocate continuing the values and principles that this nation was founded on?

How can you advocate continuing Christian values and principles while pushing the lie and myth that America was founded as a Christian Nation and is a Christian nation to the present day.

Christianity is a religion. Christian beliefs, values and principles such as the concept of original sin and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ were not at all the basis from which America was founded.

Are you a white Eurocentric Christian Nationalist or a Christian who is uniquely American by acceptance of our pluralistic society and civility. .

I am an America who believes deeply in the sanctity of American pluralism. That includes recognition that Protestant Christianity is and has been the dominant religion in America since it was imported from Europe.over the hundred years ago.,I have respect for all religious people who have the same respect for my not-organized religion spiritual beliefs.

But I cannot respect Christian nationalists Primarily because I cannot respect their lie that America was founded as a a Christian nation.
You seem to be arguing against something that I didn’t say.

reply to 26046422
rise of Christian nationalism????? another myth like white supremacy

If white Eurocentric Christian Nationalism is a myth what is Trump promoting and promising to the Christians he pulled together in Iowa to help him win the Republican primary?

“I will tell you, Christianity is under tremendous siege, whether we want to talk about it or we don’t want to talk about it,” Mr. Trump said.​

Christians make up the overwhelming majority of the country, he said. And then he slowed slightly to stress each next word: “And yet we don’t exert the power that we should have.”​

If he were elected president, he promised, that would change. He raised a finger.​

“Christianity will have power,” he said. “If I’m there, you’re going to have plenty of power, you don’t need anybody else. You’re going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that.”​

Trump was not offering spiritual power. He was offering political and governing power. He promised Nationalistic Power over non/Christians and Non/fundie/Christians.
hahhahahahahah
...it's a myth like white supremacy and police brutality are MAJOR problems
...you people will believe anything
if anything, christianity is getting weaker:

Christian nationalism got stronger under Trump.
26053059 reply to 26052325

There is no argument that Christianity overall has steadily been losing believers for a couple of decades.

The Issue defined in this thread however is white Eurocentric Evangelical Christian Nationalism that has grown in strength and power under Trumpism as he promised them from the start. They are his white evangelical Christian base.

If you can’t comprehend what’s being discussed you ought to refrain or take the time to post something relevant instead of the usual “liberals suck” nonsense that is all you know.

Last edited:
reply to 26052325

There is no argument that Christianity overall has steadily been losing believers for a couple of decades.

The Issue defined in this thread is white Eurocentric Evangelical Christian Nationalism growing strength under Trumpism.

If you can’t comprehend what’s being discussed you ought to refrain or take the time to post something relevant instead if the usual liberals suck nonsense that is all you know.
1. you didn't refute my point
2. this christian nationalism is just like the white supremacy crap--a myth

reply to 26052325

The Issue defined in this thread is white Eurocentric Evangelical Christian Nationalism growing strength under Trumpism.

If you can’t comprehend what’s being discussed you ought to refrain or take the time to post something relevant instead if the usual liberals suck nonsense that is all you know.

Harmonica does not exist ??????
26053247 reply to 26053066

Your most recent point was that Christianity was getting weaker. I agreed because it’s true the number of self identified Christians in America is in decline.

Christian nationalists however are Christians such as yourself who believe that America was founded as a Christian nation and still is a Christian nation. That is not true.

If you wish to argue that you do not exist I’m not sure how to refute someone who is so irrational to argue on a message board that they do not exist.

Crucifixion of the theologian-pimp with information anarchy (including boycott) is the most innocent of crimes, the most timely of genuflections. To get clued-up, suggested reading is Seidel, The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American.

Is the US Constitution a secular document or a white protestant Christian document -
26053938 reply to 26046520
The Establishment clause restricts Federal interference in religious matters, nothing to do with 'secularism'.
Do you believe the document that the establishment clause is written on is a secular document or a Christian document.

Last edited:

Your most recent point was that Christianity was getting weaker. I agreed because it’s true the number of self identified Christians in America is in decline.

Christian nationalists however are Christians such as yourself who believe that America was founded as a Christian nation and still is a Christian nation. That is not true.

If you wish to argue that you do not exist I’m not sure how to refute someone who is so irrational to argue on a message board that they do not exist.
Bullshit. America was founded on Christian principles. George Washington even said you can't govern without the bible. The first text book in schools was the Bible. You heathens just hate the truth because you lose in the end and you know it.

Is the US Constitution a secular document or a white protestant Christian document -
The Establishment clause restricts Federal interference in religious matters, nothing to do with 'secularism'.
Do you believe the document that the establishment clause is written on is a secular document or a Christian document.
Libs have no idea what the Constitution really says, they are that stupid.

"

WASHINGTON (RNS) — A Democratic group dedicated to representing secular values unveiled a slate of recommendations for President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming administration on Monday (Nov. 30), outlining a sweeping agenda designed to roll back many of President Trump’s actions involving religion and to “restore a vision of constitutional secularism.”

The 28-page document, crafted by the Secular Democrats of America PAC, is being presented to the incoming administration by Democratic Representatives Jamie Raskin and Jared Huffman — both co-chairs of the Congressional Freethought Caucus.

The SDA’s agenda offers a wide range of policy recommendations to push back against the so-called “Christian nationalist movement,” which the the group describes as an “extraordinarily well-funded and well-organized” phenomenon whose “extreme and sectarian agenda (was) on constant display under the Trump-Pence administration.”

Work with Congress to incentivize states to increase their vaccination rates by repealing all nonmedical exemptions to mandatory vaccination for children in schools and day care centers. States like California and New York have taken such actions, but only after experiencing severe outbreaks of measles and whooping cough. Parents and children have the right to a school environment free of vaccine preventable diseases. The most vulnerable among us who are medically ineligible for vaccination depend on herd immunity to protect them.

Move along, nothing see here....well except for a direct attack on Religious Liberties that is.

You have this all wrong JustA. Our first priority is grabbin' yer guns and forced vaccination.
THEN we shut down your places of worship.
Please get it right. :laugh:

"

WASHINGTON (RNS) — A Democratic group dedicated to representing secular values unveiled a slate of recommendations for President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming administration on Monday (Nov. 30), outlining a sweeping agenda designed to roll back many of President Trump’s actions involving religion and to “restore a vision of constitutional secularism.”

The 28-page document, crafted by the Secular Democrats of America PAC, is being presented to the incoming administration by Democratic Representatives Jamie Raskin and Jared Huffman — both co-chairs of the Congressional Freethought Caucus.

The SDA’s agenda offers a wide range of policy recommendations to push back against the so-called “Christian nationalist movement,” which the the group describes as an “extraordinarily well-funded and well-organized” phenomenon whose “extreme and sectarian agenda (was) on constant display under the Trump-Pence administration.”

Work with Congress to incentivize states to increase their vaccination rates by repealing all nonmedical exemptions to mandatory vaccination for children in schools and day care centers. States like California and New York have taken such actions, but only after experiencing severe outbreaks of measles and whooping cough. Parents and children have the right to a school environment free of vaccine preventable diseases. The most vulnerable among us who are medically ineligible for vaccination depend on herd immunity to protect them.

Move along, nothing see here....well except for a direct attack on Religious Liberties that is.

You have this all wrong JustA. Our first priority is grabbin' yer guns and forced vaccination.

Let the game begin.

"

Then we get tattoos and to the ovens.

MAJOR FK UP!!!!!!! BEEP BEEEP BEEEP
1. I'm not christian!!!!!! hahahhahahahahahah =this PROVES you are:
a.wrong
b. you have false preconceived opinions/etc
2. I don't care if it was founded as a christian nation or not

Obviously a Christian Protestant document; the establishment clause was a result of anti-Anglican agitation from Quakers, Baptists, and Presbytarians in the colonies and aimed at preventing them from becoming a national sect with Federal powers. It's also obviously written by white Protestants; whether assorted sexual deviants and sociopath commies like it or not is pretty much irrelevant.

And, most of the Founders were not 'Deists' or 'atheists', and Thomas Paine was never elected to any office and not a 'Founder'. The vast majority of the Founders were openly Christian and many were ministers, and a number of the colonie kept their established religions; without the establishment clause, they would never have consented to the A of Con or the Constitution at all, so yes, it's very much influenced by Christians, of several denominations. No need to mention the obvious specifically at the time, no big Muslim or Buddhist populations existed in America and no others mattered. They also were specifically majority Anglophiles politically.

It was also evangelicals, via the 'Second Great Awakening', who got Thomas Jefferson elected President for two terms. The establishment clause came directly from the Baptist sect, evul 'evangelical white Protestants one and all, in fact; see Thomas Helwys' bio for the source, so you even lose out on that point as well; it wasn't a 'Deist' proposal, it was a Baptist religious platform, which is why Jefferson wrote that famous letter to the Danbury Baptists, anxious to keep their favor.

Last edited:
"

Then we get tattoos and to the ovens.

That is exactly their agenda; with China Joe in office and appointing Cadre to all govt. positions, Xians have may be 10 years tops to pull their heads out of their asses and save themselves from thse pieces of shit deviants and psychos.

Is the US Constitution a secular document or a white protestant Christian document - 26056499 reply to 26055448

Obviously a Christian Protestant document; the establishment clause was a result of anti-Anglican agitation from Quakers, Baptists, and Presbytarians in the colonies and aimed at preventing them from becoming a national sect with Federal powers.

Since Baptists and Anglicans were a Christian sect when the Constitution was being written we can see according to your account of history that the Constitution is a wholly and clearly a secular non Christian document. It prevents all religions including all the rival sects of Christianity from having federal powers and more importantly from having any real power over the conscience of every single individual American.

What is you conclusion that the Constitution is solely a White Protestant Christian document.

I’ve never heard of a law being passed and a poll taken of its authors to determine if the law is a Christian law or some other belief system.

Anyway, do you dispute anything I wrote in this post:

#11 reply to #3.

The establishment clause was written expressly to prevent the federal government from interfering with state established religions of which half the state had at the time of ratification. All of which were based upon Christianity. The belief in multiculturalism at the time of founding is a pipe dream.

The problem Protestant Christian nationalists like you have is your pretending that today’s freely chosen and congenial Catholic/Protestant/Mormon Christianity (mostly now supportive of Judaism) is unambiguously somehow identical to the one dominant Protestant Christianity of 1776 British Colonial America.

You don’t recognize the change.

Back then before religious liberty was enshrined in the Constitution there was no tolerance by Protestant Christians for Catholics and Jews and other religions from around the world.

What liberal enlightened founding fathers saw was the necessity for the central government to not favor one Protestant sect over another Protestant Sect.

So the Federal Government forbade itself from endorsing Anglicans over Baptists, Luther over the Roman Pope, Quaker over Calvinism. or even Christianity over Judaism, and so on.

In that time the Fathers of our great nation had seen no European system of religion that regulated morals (when Christians were not killing and torturing other Christians and adherents to other religions) and civic duty as Christianity did within a sect that reached levels of security and prosperity under theirs monarchies. They had no way of knowing what the common uneducated mass of humanity would do in a free society liberated from authoritarian rulers aligned with God themselves.

There was no data on atheists running society because there was never that many around.

So when you tell us that the First Amendment keeps the Federal Government fromi interfering with state established religions, you are firgetting the most important part - the granting of every single citizen the right to believe in whatever religion they choose or no religion at all. And every single citizen falls under the protection of the Constitution as George Washington said it to a Hebrew congregation.

“For happily the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens, in giving it on all occasions their effectual support. ,”

in other words a citizen who behaved himself as good and supportive of civil doctors cannot be coerced by the states to think or believe our support what the preference of the state they live in wants them to believe.

That’s true Freedom if Religion and Christian Protestant Nationalists just can’t seem to recognize that freedom of religion or no religion is an inalienable right. Not to be messed with.

The Constitution is a secular and pluralistic document.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back