Chrysler: Another President Obama Success!

Was the federal bailout of Chrysler a good thing for America?

• Total voters
Statist just chase manufactuers OUT by oppressive taxation, and oppressive BIG LABOUR demands...you know them as UNIONS...

BIG LABOR made major concessions in the bailout and it ended up saving their jobs

Great Job by the Obama administration

Remember Auto workers.......Republicans said Let it Fail...who needs them?

List them please.

He can't...unless he refers to some leftist Blog like Huffpoop, or other Statist site that says they did...

I wonder where the money came from?

The company lost $652 million on revenue of $41.9 billion for all of 2010, but had an operating profit of $763 million. Its overall results swung to a loss primarily because of interest expense on its loans from the American and Canadian governments. Chrysler ended the year with $7.3 billion in cash, down from $8.3 billion at the end of the third quarter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/business/01chrysler.html

The company lost $652 million on revenue of $41.9 billion for all of 2010, but had an operating profit of $763 million. Its overall results swung to a loss primarily because of interest expense on its loans from the American and Canadian governments. Chrysler ended the year with $7.3 billion in cash, down from $8.3 billion at the end of the third quarter.

Dude, an accountant can make numbers look like whatever they want. I have no doubt that somehow on paper Chrysler has repaid the government.

I don't understand. The taxpayer never got 'robbed'... we provided a loan to them and they're paying it back accordingly. The bailout of Chrysler and the auto industry was a success that some say saved as much as 3 million jobs. That combined with the cash for clunkers program gave the auto-industry much needed help to stay afloat. Business is now on the upswing (at least in that industry) because of Obama's policies.

Actually, a continuation of the Bush policy.

On December 19, 2008, President Bush used his executive authority to declare that TARP funds may be spent on any program that Secretary of Treasury Henry Paulson,[19] deemed necessary to alleviate the financial crisis--a move which allowed President Bush to extend the use of TARP funds to include support the auto industry and, in turn, the United Auto Workers.

Actually, a continuation of the Bush policy.

On December 19, 2008, President Bush used his executive authority to declare that TARP funds may be spent on any program that Secretary of Treasury Henry Paulson,[19] deemed necessary to alleviate the financial crisis--a move which allowed President Bush to extend the use of TARP funds to include support the auto industry and, in turn, the United Auto Workers.

Yup. Let's hear it for corporatism!

Thread-Gay-1950s.jpg

Statist just chase manufactuers OUT by oppressive taxation, and oppressive BIG LABOUR demands...you know them as UNIONS...

BIG LABOR made major concessions in the bailout and it ended up saving their jobs

Great Job by the Obama administration

Remember Auto workers.......Republicans said Let it Fail...who needs them?

NO...we said let them follow the LAW through BAKRUPTCY COURTS like everyone else. Get yer shit straight sewerboy.

Have you ever heard that extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures?

I'm reminded of something that happened to me in 1993. It was early evening. I had just come out of a movie. I even remember the name of the movie. It was The Firm. Anyway, the sky was dark, and it looked very much like a tornado might just strike the parking lot which had all exits chained off except one. At that exit, a person was letting people out one at a time as he collected their validated parking tickets which the movie house paid for. That was the rule. Under normal circumstances, there wasn't a problem in the world with that rule. With a possible tornado bearing down on a parking lot full of people in cars, it was a crazy rule to follow. I actually got out of my car to personally tell the person taking the already validated tickets that it was quite possible that all of our lives were at risk because of the weather. Thankfully, there was a police officer at the exit, as well. He agreed with me. Not only was the one open exit gate left up so people could leave without stopping, the other chains were removed so people could leave by whichever exist was closest.

While it's true that rules are made for good reasons, only fools think those rules should supercede simple common sense during times of crises.

If many conservatives had had their way a couple of years ago, Chrysler, the car company, AND all those Chrysler jobs, AND the support jobs in the factory towns, AND many of the automotive supplier jobs which depended on the auto and truck manufacturer would be GONE.

Thankfully, President Obama and his team had far greater vision and a damn sight more common sense than conservatives had.

LOL @ you for believing that Chrysler would have went out of business if they had went through bankruptcy without federal aid.

The bad part is, you are forcing yourself to believe this idiocy simply because you will never...EVER...say good job Mr. President. Good job.

Dude, an accountant can make numbers look like whatever they want. I have no doubt that somehow on paper Chrysler has repaid the government.

See above.

NO MATTER WHAT, YOU CANT SAY "GOOD JOB MR. PRESIDENT"..can you? Did you at least give him a tiny tiny bit of props for killing bin laden? Did you praise Bush for not killing him?

If many conservatives had had their way a couple of years ago, Chrysler, the car company, AND all those Chrysler jobs, AND the support jobs in the factory towns, AND many of the automotive supplier jobs which depended on the auto and truck manufacturer would be GONE.

Thankfully, President Obama and his team had far greater vision and a damn sight more common sense than conservatives had.

LOL @ you for believing that Chrysler would have went out of business if they had went through bankruptcy without federal aid.

The bad part is, you are forcing yourself to believe this idiocy simply because you will never...EVER...say good job Mr. President. Good job.

Really? is that why if you go over to the threads about Bin Laden I am front and center saying GOOD JOB OBAMA?

Not my fault the dumb shit hasn't done much to earn a good job from me.

So that would be a fat asian whore fail on your part.

Chrysler still owes the U.S. government about $2 billion from the original $10 billion in bailout money. The sooner it shows a profit, the faster it can move toward a public offering of stock. That would allow the U.S. government, a part owner of the company, to sell shares and recoup more of the bailout money.

If you don't believe this, try and buy some Chrysler stock.

See above.

NO MATTER WHAT, YOU CANT SAY "GOOD JOB MR. PRESIDENT"..can you? Did you at least give him a tiny tiny bit of props for killing bin laden? Did you praise Bush for not killing him?

I can say good job Mr President, for continuing Bush's policy on TARP and for using the exceptional CIA and Seal Team that Bush developed over 8 years and gave to you.

Chrysler repays bailout money to Treasury department

Hows that poll goin for ya?

Obama fucked Chrysler senior secured creditors to turn Chrysler over to his Union thugs.

It's part of the reason the dollar continues to free fall, no one wants to do business with people who run up deficits larger than the entire budget for any other county and then fuck over their debt holders.

And the UNIONS being the main beneficiaries at the expense of the US Taxpayer.

The expense of the taxpayer. They paid us back...with INTEREST!

No.. they did not

I think Obama was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. With that said I think he made an OK decision.

I have no problems the bail outs. Hell the fucking politicians would have wasted that money on something else anyway, but I do have a problem with some of these idiots acting like Obama's bailouts weree somehow more magical than Bush's bailouts.

What is exceedingly hilarious about this entire ordeal is that Obama has turned out to be a black Bush and the very people who hated Bush are all over his junk :rofl:

Bush sucked, Obama sucked, America got fucked.

how sad

I actually agree overall.

I think for example to bank bailouts had to be done, however Obama didn't have enough strings attached with them. You know they wont be paying a cent back, but even worse than that interest rates are a complete joke.

Chrysler's bailout will have long standing effects on their ability to raise money since the precedent of nationalizing secured ownership has been established. Also, they have not paid off all their loans. They only paid of the portion that remained after bankruptcy.

That money hasn't been repaid. Some of it could be recouped when the government sells its Chrysler stock in an initial public offering. But the government concedes it's unlikely to get all of the money back.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d2...ent Loans/id-0666a560424b4ec588a5c02a5c995c05

Last edited:

Forum List

Back